Channeler FAQ

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Indoctrination, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Indoctrination Active Member

I usually go left to right filling the trees but I generally am not worried about the leveling game either. The only really important line in shaper tab is the one with mobile assault in it. Other than that, just pick the aa's that boost damage/heals up for the most part depending on what you're doing and you should be good most of the time.
  2. Fizzie New Member

I haven't taken my channeler into PvP yet. Indoctrination, how is the channeler in PvP? I would imagine they're pretty awesome. I know last time I went into one (with my mystic), I was getting pwned hard by the beastlord and it discouraged me from wanting to go back. Ever. :D
  3. Fizzie New Member

Indoctrination, can you (or anyone really) address this point for me: In the Channeler AA line, 3rd row, all the Enhance abilities that reduce base recovery speed of the conduit slots - I see you spec'd into those but I didn't. The base recovery speed, for example on my slot 3 conduit, is at .56 without spending any points at all. Spending one point will reduce it to .90 (I'm already at .56 so how that is a benefit is beyond me), so it's pretty much nearly instant recast so I don't see how using AAs for that is going to make enough difference to warrant the points spent on those AAs. What am I missing here? My brain is fuzzy. So far I've not had to wait long enough to even notice.
  4. Indoctrination Active Member

To your last 2 questions Fizzie:

1) If I'm not stun locked or chain proc'd, I'm basically invincible in BGs. My personal top healing was a hair under 66 mil in a gears.

2) They're filler AA in order to get the required points to the end stuff. Yeah they suck, but other stuff sucks just as much and I actually use conduits. The lowered base recovery will let you chain cast them more so might as well go for them.
  5. The Jones Active Member

@indoctrination

I checked out your specs and they were largely similar to mine (at least for the heal vs solo specs). Your group spec intrigued me the most as it suggests that you don't have to go with pure heals when you group. I'm going to use something similar to your group spec as my all purpose kind of spec. A couple questions though:

1) In the shaper - > wisdom line, why did you choose spiritual arrows over the 30% or so of recovery speed? To me it seems like this heal is way to weak to even matter and i'd rather have the extra recovery speed as something I can reforge out of towards melee.

2) Is shaper's reaction really that bad? At first this jumped out at me as being really awesome and I wanted it in all my specs, but I see you only use this in your pure heal spec. You don't think i'd want this for heroics at all? Or are you not using it simply because your gear has started to trivialize the heroics?

3) I was surprised that you didn't have the healing stance ability from shadows tree in your group spec. I guess you figure you can do it all in offensive modes, but I spent the 2 points here just in case I'm having troubles or there is a squishy tank in the group.

4) Your group spec also doesn't use the shaper -> stamina line. I would have thought high frequency was a must, but you went with the agility dps line instead. Does this suggest that it's easy to avoid getting above a green level of dissonance in the heroics.

Sorry if I sound newbish, but I haven't dabbled in the heroics yet. I'm just curious if you'd suggest your group spec as a baseline for someone just entering heroics for the first time or if that's something you built after you were already geared up.

EDIT: sorry I just noticed that your group spec was experimental, but i'm still curious what you think about the 4 points/questions above.
  6. Sylke Well-Known Member

Just my own assumption, from grouping with a Channeler for a few heroic runs on my Mystic... but he might have focused more on the DPS side and lets passive heals/intercepts do most of his healing while a second healer does the rest.
  7. The Jones Active Member

For my question #1 I think I figured out why it could be good. I didn't realize how insane barrage is for procing things. It probably procs a lot more than I originally thought. It's also funny watching mobs melt when you spam barrage and let that 200K ae proc go nuts (from the quest gear).
  8. Indoctrination Active Member

1) Yeah it procs like crazy from aoes. It's not a huge heal but it's passive.

2) My group spec is for easy dungeons that I don't have to heal a lot like Hive and Halls of the Betrayer (til end boss). It focuses more on dps than on heals but still enough heals that I am good in most situations. It's mostly my experimentation spec.

3) Yeah, group spec is mostly offensive. If I need boost to healing that bad, I'll switch to heal spec.

4) It's an experiment to see if I can get by with it but I don't get to actually use this spec very often cause a lot of pug tanks suck bad so I need to use raw heal spec.
  9. Solzak Member

I disagree, at least tentatively. Its not just that the pet stops intercepting damage at 25%, they also reduce the amount of damage they intercept as they lose health. Increasing the pet's health means they can intercept more damage before the reduction becomes noticeable. Of course if the capped increase is in the single digit percentile, then it doesn't matter as much.

What I'd really like to see is a chart or formula for the intercept reduction AND the health gains given by Pot/CB. Boosting Pot/CB is a given for any class, but it'd be nice to know where diminishing returns and/or caps are as far as the pet's health. And is the interception equation based on the percent of the pet's health or a relation between the pet's max health and the incoming damage?

There's a lot of detailed information for just about every other stat in the game. Lets level the playing field for the new class.
  10. Indoctrination Active Member

I'm fairly certain it's in 25% thresholds. Full intercept at 76-100%, next increment at 51-75%, next at 26-50%, then uselessness at 1-25%. I just don't know for sure and I'm too tired this morning and busy with the 2 hour weekly crafting combines heh. Will check it out later when I have time.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

read my post, I mentioned that the health determines how much it intercepts.
    but it's a mute point really cause in the grand scheme a pet having say 300k hp and 320k hp won't really make a difference
    Morfydd likes this.
  12. Yaslin Member

I'm curious if what I've found essence wise is all that is out there. Here's what I have so far from left to right on the bottom panel:

1 - Reptile, Mystical, Bat, Simian

2 - Feline, Canine, Drake, Rodent

3 - Bear, Aquatic, Enchanted, Avian

4 - Boar, Amphibian, Dire, Bovid
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

that is all yes, 16 total.
    exact same as the BL minus the warboar CE and the insect that came later on
  14. PheonixFire New Member

What is our direct single target heal for Draconic Reinforcement In the Dragon tree? When I looked up my spell list it shows a little heal towards the top of the list called minor healing but I was not able to find it in my sage's recipes and I don't recall seeing it in-game. Is it suppose to trigger off of one of the conduits?
  15. Sylke Well-Known Member

Healing Arrow/Barrage.

Note that it only grants the buff to your target (or your target's target), not in an AE. It is also bugged for all classes and does not apply to mercs or players outside your group (including in your raid, which basically nullifies the chance of ever stacking it from 3 healers in most raids).
  16. Kalmaraa Active Member

Looking over this FAQ and how it's been for other channelers I talked with in game, doesn't seem to match. Okay the construct and warder locations for such do match up... that's fine... but the DPS, Healing, and more don't seem to match up at all as far as information goes. To me the AA spec suggested looks like it might be something a raider might use, which ignores those of us that don't raid, as such the AA spec might not be the best for them.
  17. Hathahrk Member

i can't seem to connect to guk.channelers
    anyone with the same issue ? i'm on the server Storms
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

all non US servers can't
  19. Hathahrk Member

sweet ... thanks for the answer
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

even though you Should be able to, idk why you can't :p