Channeler epic

Discussion in 'Priests' started by DanzMacabre, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Othion Member

I mean. Bravo, really. You put something in the game that some people are spending every minute of their free time in game searching for and still cannot find it. You held out for a month after the release of the class, hyped everyone up with cryptic noninformation and then refuse to answer any questions. Its understandable that this whole searching, finding, and completing should be challenging, but this entire thing to me seems like one of those moments when I see someone in world chat saying, "I'm in (zonenamehere). 50 platinum to whoever can find me!. 9 times out of 10, they don't say this because they want to give you 50 plat. They say this because they know you can't find them. I ran lines over every overland zone and couldn't find anything even remotely useful. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, or maybe I should have looked in the instances as well. My point is, every other class in this game can level a character to 95 in less than a day, get their epic completed in about 3 hours or less and when seeing the amount of frustration being granted by this search for this new one. Even the beastlord non mythical weapons weren't the best thing available at the time. you'd wear raid weapons until you finally got that HM statue kill. Chances are, this weapon will be no different. The spells and abilities themselves aren't gamebreaking in any way for the class, and I'd be willing to bet the bow wont be exactly ideal until you manage to kill the xpac boss like BL had to do. As for me, I've spent entirely too much of my potential etyma/BG token and just generally enjoyable game time looking for this and if I keep searching im going to give up on the class itself. I hope others can hold out longer than me and find this needle in a stack of needles for all the people who are really attached to the class and its development, and especially to the people who came back to EQ2 just to try out the channeler.
    Laita likes this.
  2. Naramee Active Member

if you all think it might be a bow you have to have in your inventory, what about Woushi´s bow
  3. Darkon Well-Known Member

Pretty much what Othion posted.
  4. alQamar Active Member

Any try to get hints from the concept art style yet?

[IMG]
  5. Naramee Active Member

Looks almost like Dragon bow I have for Looks. Sorry, only know the german words for it: rilissianischer drachen-bogen. It was a questreward
  6. Naramee Active Member

Dragon-bow
  7. alQamar Active Member

Look yourself up on u.eq2wire.com. You'll find the bow with it's english name under the "Appearance" tab.
  8. alQamar Active Member

It hould be this bow from this quest which starts in riliss. This might be something to look into.
  9. Naramee Active Member

right, rilissian Dragon-bow and it ist from there.
  10. alQamar Active Member

Sorry for tripple post but editing isn't working for some reason:

Looking into the quest link above: There is even a reward choice for this quest with channeler in the name.
  11. Hathahrk Member

12. Ucala Well-Known Member

I mean people have searched just about every zone have they searched it 100%? idk but lets for for this purpose they have.
    that basically rules out any possible chance that it's an npc we are looking for. so it's either some dropped item from a random mob, new or old. or in some completely random zone like the BL one was.

I;m not giving up just yet, but I know alot of channelers that have decided to throw in the towel of looking and now are just sitting back waiting for someone to find it for them :p
  13. Baddluck New Member

It's one thing to be frustrated by lack of backstory, and lore; but to have malicious trolls throwing out false information, and road blocks is pure ignorance. I personally think anyone who is not playing a channeler, or is just here to cause problems for those of us who are, should have their accounts locked for harassment.
    Yaslin and Laita like this.
  14. Laita Well-Known Member

My guess is that it requires completing something like either a signature line or a faction line that 99.9% of us haven't done because we PL'd our toons and have been focusing on ToV to get raid-ready... I can see soe doing something like this... the bright side is that it's made me go out and get all the languages... /shrug...
  15. Eileithia Active Member

Looking through all the other epic weapon timelines, very few actually required faction and/or a heritage in your inventory to get the starter. These where all required by later steps in the quest chain. That's not to say something isn't required, just that the chances of needing something out of the gate are low(ish).

Also, there's no reason to think we'll require a bow in the quest chain. The BL epic needed the bag of the tinkerers FFS.. We might need a lightstone, or guise of the deceiver, or JBoots.. who knows LOL.
  16. The Jones Active Member

I've done every epic and I don't think I needed faction to start any of them. Granted I don't exactly remember it like it's yesterday. The only one I can think of is the assassin epic where you needed the investigation skill, but I thought the clicky in that nek forest cave at least gave you a hint rather than it being unclickable.

I guess one could easily confirm the history of prereqs by going to eq2.wikia.com. There are extensive directions there for each of the epics.
  17. Eileithia Active Member

Guard epic required Claymore, Bruiser(monk?) required teachings of Master Wu.. Outside of that, most of the quests where some random object / drop - The "pre-reqs" where all step 2 and beyond.
  18. Laita Well-Known Member

I know that none of the others required any particular faction or quest line to start... but most of the other starters were all found within hours after launch... so was just throwing that idea out there... who really knows what SoE was thinking? ;)
  19. The Jones Active Member

OK yeah it looks like you're right. It would seem quite mean to make this one of the few quests with true pre-reqs when the amount of people looking for the quest starter is likely very reduced compared to when the other epics came out.

I do think they want content to last as long as possible though if they are still understaffed.
  20. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I think we should start reading all the books as well. Maybe one of those books will give the quest after you get to the last page!