Channeler Epic - Final Named

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

I did this fight for a second time (first was for the wifey who didn't care for it after the first few attempts) just last weekend. Never had more than one add up at a time, and the only problem was, as I posted above, sometimes if my auto attack was queued up when I hit my sphere-target macro the sphere would bug and the det would stay on after it died. Sounds to me like the problem isn't the encounter. I was able to do this with just group gear.

It's just not intended for any quest geared channeler with apprentice spells to walk in and one-shot it. Do the leg work. Gear up. Then when you're ready go in and work on it.
    Lemilla likes this.
  2. arturos Active Member

this fight reminds me of the old inquis fight back in the day when they had to solo stuff you really had to utilize all of the things that the class brings to the plate. I made an AA spec just for that encounter to bolster the spells and skills that i used. after i did that first pull boom. yaaa me. sorta.
  3. Oriathan New Member

I will have to at least comment on this. There is indeed a dps check and it's a large one. I spent almost 100$ SC to xfer my channeler for the gear and etymas I had saved up. All potent, a few pieces of raid gear. Never got beyond 60 seconds, never could kill even one add. My dps was at 51k at that time. I unattuned all my monk gear, white gemmed, reforged, etc got block chance up to 100 and hp to 675k. I can now last 1:36 but with dps still at 55k I cannot even kill a single add, neither skellie nor sphere. Eths stopped dropping a while ago so the bow is not possible. If I cannot raise my dps mod from 107 to say 600 I really don't see it possible to do this at all.
  4. Ketu Member

Actually, there is no DPS check, you just have to stay alive. You need to focus on staying alive, which has 2 components: keeping your health topped off with minimum build-up of dissonance, and dealing with the spheres properly. The bulk of your healing rotation shouldn't use much dissonance, especially since your hp pool is relatively large. If you can't kill the spheres with the combination of autoattacks and poison bolt, then I don't know what to tell you :)
  5. Ciroe Active Member

Yeah, I'm not sure either. When I did it I was in mostly potent/overcharged, and I could take down the spheres usually with one poison bolt and autoattack. The adds would be killed by healing barrage/auto attack eventually, I don't believe I ever had more than 4 up at once.

Its not an easy fight, no where near it, but it is no where near impossible either. It sounds to me like you are having difficulties in your rotation, maybe dissonance management. Not 100% sure, but something does sound way off if you cant even kill a sphere.
  6. Oriathan New Member

Final update since I made the kill tonight. Try 13, it went well enough so I want to post while my thoughts are still here. After I xferred the toon to my main acct I used sc to unattune all my monks gear. Spent 5k plat to buy a few pieces of jewelry with block, mit. Bought Horrific Wall, Chipped Ivory Mask, tank wrists etc. Changed all white adorns to superior, put all the dps purple adorns in I could. My stats are now 580 dps, 157 haste, 100 cast/reuse, 125 ma, 18 ae auto. Mit is at 8300, block chance at 87 (12 block), 640k hp. I used a spec a friend used as such:

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/450974267104

I had with me Karanas blessing of Serenity, a Superior sig of life, Lifestone and the proc from Chipped Ivory Mask. I pulled him to the center, used the 2 attacks mentioned before to keep diss at a minimum. Had to heal once in a while, adds would 1 shot or 5 shot but never had more then 1 skellie/sphere up at a time. Used Sig, mask, stone, death prevent at 5:45 when I was being hammered and it dropped at 6:08 ish.

Now I have to unattune, reforge, re adorn it all to get back to a healer/dps mode and all will be well. I will get my pk kill this week also so finally done. Not sure what I learned from this other then setting up a tank spec I will never need again since my monk wants his pants back but it is done.