Channeler Epic - Final Named

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Borlim Member

Doesnt need to be easy, but it also doesnt need to be impossible for 90% of the channelers out there. Hell even the BL final fight was easy compared to this. Those they say they got it in 1 or 2 pulls I call BS plain and simple, or you got stupid lucky and didnt get any arcane orbs. I seem to get those back to back. I'm in full potent gear minus chest/legs 450khp 500cb/pot 40%ae melee softcapped and I cannot get it past 5minutes.

Personally im sick of trying they can shove the class right up their backside. I have shelved mine and went back to my druid. Ive wasted hours upon hours of doing the quest, even more hours getting all the gems needed and upgrading my gear. Im healing at 110khps and doing 250kdps which doesnt mean crap when 2 arcanes pop back to back.
  2. Freeport-Parrah-Cleaner New Member

So what ever happened to my disappearing daleen's bow/arrow of spirit? Is that fixed? Shady wont sell me another arrow even though I completed the quest...can't find daleen or any shadowy beasts to do the quest over... /sadface
  3. Mumph New Member

I got bunch of arcane orb too, and it's true that I got it 2nd pull. my cb at 490 and pot at 612. 600 dps, 200 MA, and near 400 haste or something like it and 35% flurry. 650cc but lot more hp.. maybe it's the amount of hp that made it easier.. dunno
  4. Thetmes Active Member

I will give this hint if you cannot zone into Labs and still crit at 100% or better and have less than 500 ish Potency as a channeler trying to do this you are wrong. Potency is probably the most important stat for our class it directly effects your pet health. If you are just now finding this out cause I said it you may want to start over.
  5. Javos Member

I agree with Borlim in that it shouldn't be so difficult that 90% of the Channeler population can't do it. It's the Epic, not the Mythical. I do still believe it should be difficult, but the way it is now, you have to be geared for Dominion (or maybe even better) or partially geared as a brawler (based on reading about all those that have completed it), and use a specific Deity, etc. I haven't seen anyone say they wanted it nerfed so you can just walk in and 1 shot the statue or something, just to dial it back a little so more of the population can actually complete it.
  6. The Jones Active Member

Yeah I think you have to at least be geared for labs/HoB to have a chance here, but it's still really hard. If you were well geared for VD then it's probably a bit more reasonable.

For me I was shocked at how difficult it was, but I wouldn't be offended either way if SOE nerfs it or keeps it as is. I've already gotten my sense of accomplishment from it. I don't wish anyone else the pain I went through though.
  7. phlik Member

wooooot finally got him down today, word of advice tho dont try and do it wiv fanatics stud on cuz well you wont be able to do it hehe me like a noob has spent the last week trying to do it wiv the damn earring on /sigh finally realised earlier today and low and behold after 10 or so pulls i got him down, i hope they dontr nerf it tbh the feeling i got wen i killed him as he is was awesome
  8. Grawl Member

Finally beat it!

I have my AA spec listed as Ryizz? for anyone who wants to look at.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/450974292515/3/

Someone said to run only Interpose Redirect on your construct. Realized that saved me a decent amount of dissonance.
    Have to watch for Efficiency constantly as well.

(06:01) Shissar Statue: Misen-Eye Shot-398836
    Misen | 184753 | 82140
    name | dps | hps

Will admit I used a temp potion that adds wis, sta, 4% potency.
    Still don't like how hard the fight is, but damn I am shaking after it :D
  9. Praylor New Member

Finally got it too !!!

Was using your Spec Grawl. Thx Bro :D

I hope too that they dont nerf this mob. The feeling when you finally beat that guy is overwhelming :D
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

Killed him today. Thanks (really thanks!) to all the chatter in channeler chat and tips from others, I had a pretty good idea what to expect. I think i had a total of 6 or 7 pulls on him. (2 on the first day when i just went in to see what's up)

Set up my own spec for him: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/871881602551/1/ not very different from the other specs that have been used. I found rift pretty useless, since i kept on the move most of the fight, but i killed him before bothering to rethink prestige.

I did not use a standard.

My gear was 4 pieces of no-gem potent and 3 pieces of 4-gem arcane (BP, Pants, Shoulders). Most armor was unadorned. A lot of the jewelry is quest / bad heroic.

One thing that i found helpful (that i haven't seen mentioned) is speccing for Uncontrollable Wrath (Dragon Tree nuke). Even with only 4 points (all i had to spare) It hits pretty hard, can be cast on the run and has quick reuse. I was using it to help kill spheres along with bolt, which allowed for less dissonance generation. If you have better gear than i do, you can probably one-shot the sphere with bolt, but for my bad gear it was helpful.
  11. Eileithia Active Member

So it looks like the general consensus is you need to either do enough DPS to keep the adds at a manageable level or hope you are really good at kiting around the boss + 15 adds.

I've pulled this thing about 30 times now, in 3/3 potent healer gear except BP/Legs and just can't do enough damage to get it down, and once they start piling up, can't do enough healing to keep my self alive. I was hoping I wouldn't have to completely re-gear / reforge for this, but looks like I'm going to have to.

It's overly stupid that you need to kit your self out for DPS/Tank gear to get this down. That gear will likely never be worn by me again if I do actually manage to kill it.

My latest attempt was 5:15 - at that point I was doing 112K DPS and 125K HPS before I got overwhelmed.
  12. Arieste Well-Known Member

This is why i used 4-gem Arcane versions of the tank gear. After doing the zone, i can just convert them to green gems for future use :)

I didn't kill any adds. Only DPS i did was to spheres and an occasional Eye Shot to statue.
  13. jaqs New Member

I didn't change out my gear, but I reforge constantly to keep all my dps stats as high as I can. Cap dps, cap haste, cap Multi, and as much AE auto attk as I can get, as well as flurry, any proc gear that I had, I used. I did manage to kill a fair number of skeles in between killing the spheres.
  14. Tyman Active Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168963373280

Got it down on the 8th pull using my tank spec and only using tanky 0/3 potent pants. Keeping your construct topped up on health was one of the most important things. Shadow escape was one of the only things I used to move, I kept all the mobs slowed with Shadow Bind then teleported to each sphere with shadow escape to get the damage reduction while I burned the spheres. I also kept the statue debuffed with the WDB debuff, though idk how much it helped

Ended at 126k dps and 77k hps
  15. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Got it down in my Channeler within 4-6 good pulls, was a very easy fight once you figure out exactly what you need to do in every single situation. Interpose + DR from left prestige is very nice. My channeler's gear was horrible. Not adorned, mostly not reforged and maybe 1 jewelry proc. Spheres were usually 1-2 shotted. Long as you repair the right way and know the class, it is very doable. Good luck guys.
  16. silentstalker65 Member

Put my channeler on the back burner. Who knows in a few x-pacs this should be doable. I'm reading some said this doable, not with out potent gear, which is entry lvl raid gear. I have come to the conclusion we have to be raid geared to do a solo quest.
  17. Eileithia Active Member

Finally got this down on Friday night - 2nd pull after not having tried it for over a week. The biggest difference between a challenging 3-4 minute fight and a relatively easy 6 minute fight was keeping the pet in the green the entire time. Triggered Restoration (15 trigger reactive repair) made this pretty easy once you have a few adds pounding on you. Also used Essence Weave to top up if necessary. Once the pet gets in the yellow you're in trouble.. Ignore the adds.. only kill the spheres and keep your pet in the green and you should be OK.

I used a shield and my "Defensive" spec (Heal spec with 2nd Dragon AA line), with heal gear. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/450974273434/3/
  18. Noctifer New Member

Bit fed up with the fight. Got to 4 mn max, with AA spec heal/dps, potent set from ToV, macro to target spheres. Spent 4 hours for the 2 last night. In the end i always die because i don't kill fast enough or construct is too low. I will wait for the nerf.
  19. Eileithia Active Member

Did you use Triggered Restoration (12 trigger small reactive, not the 6 trigger big one) for one of your construct repairs? It was literally night and day easier to keep the construct in the green using this over any of the other repairs. I went from impossible 4-5 minute fights to almost walking through it in 6 minutes by swapping in that one repair. It also uses the least dissonance so it's almost spammable.
  20. Noctifer New Member

No i used the other. K - i will try once more. Thanks for the help.