Channeler Epic - Final Named

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 4, 2014.

1. The Jones Active Member

I finally beat this guy in mostly the lower heroic tier ungemmed gear, with a handful of pieces sprinked in from Labs/HoB. It seems that a number of you have have had success have done so by building a defensive spec. I had tried this many many ways, but I couldn't get much further than 4 minutes. I couldn't deal with the adds eventually overwhelming me at some point between 3:00-4:30.

After multiple trips to the mender I decided I needed to change my strategy and attempt an offensive build. Through adorns and reforging I ended up with this:

390K HP
    DPS: 562
    haste: 225
    MA: 130
    AE auto: 92% (45% of this from 3 purple adorns that i bought specifically for this fight, 25% from AA)
    CB: 436
    POT: 470
    AB mod: 10K
    cast speed/reuse: 100%

Really I think the key stat was AE auto so that the adds in the fight can be whittled down to a manageable number. It worked so well that even at the end of the fight I only had 1 or 2 adds left at any given time.

I ran the fight in offensive stance and used the following spec (Originally copied from Enoa in the thread that was shut down, but I eventually changed quite a bit to make it more offensive). I played with right side prestiege and double conversion, but in the end I found I couldn't live without the full left side. The dissonance friendly healing of the left side was pretty much a must. Here is the spec:

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/871881602458/3/

The other thing I should mention is that I created just one single macro for the fight, which I repeatedly pressed. Sounds kind of dumb, but it's kind of an ocd thing I do anyway with my attack key so it was easy for me. Here are the macro steps:

/target shissar
    /target an ensl
    /target a sphere
    /autoattack 2

Basically that does the work of targeting the most important thing for you without actually having to think about what macro to click. The reason I have it target the named is to make sure I at least have a target for my healing arrow.

What I did in the fight was this:

- cast truespirit rift and shadow escape constantly. Really saves on dissonance.
    - only run interpose redirect on this fight. It's the only one worth the ongoing dissonance cost
    - if a sphere is up, poison bolt it and then use your judgement on whether you will bolt it again or finish it off with something else. as soon as a sphere is down, quickly hit your macro and cast healing arrow to restore health. Then repair your construct, then spam whatever AE's you have. Rinse/repeat.
    - In general, I don't use any slot 3 saves or truespirit restoration because if you need them it's because you weren't diligent in keeping up with repairs
    -my condiuts are construct regeneration and essence weave because they seemed to give me the tightest control over keeping my construct near 100%
    -use precious rhenium wristband from the ToV quest line.
    - i'm not sure how useful the debuffs were, but I did manage to keep the weapon damage bonus debuff on the named in the last couple minutes

No matter what strategy you use i'm guessing the last minute sucks for anyone. I died a few times in the last minute before I finally executed everything perfectly. 6 minutes is a long time to not make any mistakes.

anyway, good luck
  2. jaqs New Member

Yes getting your dps high enough to kill the spheres fast, as well as take down some enslaved helps alot. I also copied the ACT trigger from the other post, which notified me whenever a sphere popped, which was really useful. I used Karana diety blessing on the run I was successful on and the spheres went down extremely fast without any glitches .... a wonderful string of good luck because up to that point I'd get resists at some point.
  3. The Jones Active Member

I should have looked in to deity pet options, but didn't. And yeah, use the ACT trigger if you're not like me and like to repeatedly click your attack macro for fun.

The post ended up longer than I intended, but just wanted to provide an alternative to going fully defensive. Some people were saying they had 6 adds on them or so when they finished the fight, but I simply couldn't take those hits with my gear.
  4. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I did this in a couple of pulls on my heroic geared Channeler. It took me 3-4 hits to kill every sphere and I did not have any deity or any particular DPS gear ... I just snared the named and all the adds, killed nothing, and hopped in a circle for 6 minutes. Did about 25k HPS, 25k DPS.

Hopping in circles is where it is at. :)
  5. The Jones Active Member

I think you should probably elaborate on your circle theory. I did 100K hps and a bit under 200K dps and it was still very challenging.
  6. Ainaree Well-Known Member

I did spec Enhance: Shadowbind and kept my snares up on the group. I stayed away from the named and bound all the adds up in a circle and just avoided them the entire fight. I used Aspect of Darkness when the snare window was down to keep ahead of the mob cluster. I used Vengeful Arrow whenever I wanted to debuff, poison bolt, and so forth. It helped a lot not to be hit or try to survive a ton of hits.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's the same theory as the BL final name, snare boss, run and kite it. except in this you don't need to hit him at all
  8. The Jones Active Member

I never considered snaring a realistic approach, but that's great that it worked for one or more people. The point of this thread was to provide ideas.
  9. Mumph New Member

Really hope they don't nerf the fight. I got it on 2nd pull, first pull I went to see the fight, screwed up.. revived and killed it 2nd time.
    My parse was 95k hps and 160k dps. If you can't do these (low) numbers I'm really not sure what you're doing. I didn't had tank gear or dps spec like some ppl said to get before going in there, I just used my spec for heroic stuff. Didn't have raid gear either, only stuff you can find in heroic zone, solo zone and sig quest.
  10. The Jones Active Member

Yeah those (low) numbers are actually high for someone that hasn't been running heroics for very long. But it's also possible that you are the best channeler out of all of us. If that's the case then congrats.
  11. Thetmes Active Member

The fight is reasonable. I built for solo survive for the fight I took nothing from the shaper tree and spent a lot in the dragon tree to 1-2 shot the spheres and that I all I killed the whole fight. I put out around 120HPS and made it to 6 min 11 sec and fight was over.
  12. The Jones Active Member

thetmes and mumphs should post their eq2u link since they think it's so easy/reasonable. Either you have high end heroic/raid gear or you're amazing at this game and you're holding out on those who haven't finished the fight.
  13. Thetmes Active Member

I play on Naggy so I do not have any high end raid gear or raid gear at all for that matter. I did not say it was easy but it is reasonable IMO
  14. silentstalker65 Member

What was said before, for everyone who said this is an easy fight post your link to u.eq2wire. don't be scared.
    I am trying to do this seems I am unable to get passed 1 min 30 sec
  15. Indoctrination Active Member

This fight isn't supposed to be easy. The best advice I can give you is be in full heal spec but slot Poison Bolt. Also, a few pieces of damage proc gear, especially the rhenium wrist from quests will help quite a bit. Try and keep Truespirit rift up for heals/dmg reduction and put a target macro on something you use regularly to target the spheres. If you can 2 shot the spheres between an auto attack and a poison bolt, you're probably in good shape damage-wise. Try to use Healing Barrage for heals when possible instead of your slot 3 to keep dissonance down for when you HAVE to use it. Beyond that, all I can say is "May the Force be with you!"
  16. silentstalker65 Member

So far i have tried this many different ways. I am at a loss. Changed AA tree many different ways. I'm throwing in the towel and will wait for the nerf.
  17. Lemilla Active Member

Got it down 3rd pull. 59k hps, 240k dps.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301377361726, but was using mostly potent armor with mitigation increase. Vengeful arrow + 1 autoattack with damage procs was enough to kill the spheres, except the sphere that disables autoattack where a poison bolt would do. Did not use any deity stuff. So yes, if you're properly geared with high-end heroic stuff the fight is easy. If you got some mix of solo and arcane heroic gear it will not be easy.
  18. silentstalker65 Member

Thank you Lemilla
  19. The Jones Active Member

I think full heal spec worked for you because you have better gear than most. In your full heal spec you still have maxed soft caps on melee stats. i'd still recommend a melee/AE spec for those that have mid range gear.
  20. Mumph New Member

I'm locking my eq2u profile for a reason.. and the gear I have, anyone can obtain it by doing heroic stuff. It's all potent gear with gem. Sure if you going there with quest gear you'll have trouble.. but you shouldn't be able to get your epic with that kind of gear either...