Channeler epic 2

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Pixilicious, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

So I couldn't wait for the day I get my channeler her epic, then finally was able to finish the quest.
    What a disappointment, the bow bugs out on the toons back, after exiting combat it looks like its shooting a red laser beam out of the bow. The bow folds down on the characters back so it isn't as pretty anyways while out of combat, but with the laser pointer I would be afraid to run around, as it would attract all of Norrath kerrans trying to catch it ....
    The spells are pretty useless as well. The pet heal, (Emergency Power) every 3.22 mins pretty useless, I was able to heal my pet good until now, and with that long recast not sure i would ever use it, but then i thought about the dmg part of the spell, so went ahead and tried it on a epic training dummy, since it only last 8s at journeyman it didn't proc at all for me. The other spell Combat Awereness, the only good thing in is the fervor, other than that its meh.
    Oh well, time to get some other toons their epics who get at least something usefull :(

Written by a very sad Channeler.
  2. Lemilla Active Member

Emergency Power is quite disappointing indeed. Managed to get it to proc the damage twice (about 3.3M damage a hit) in a full hour of raiding. Stopped bothering after that and just used it for the heal while casting Construct's Sacrifice.

Point blank shot on Combat Awareness doesn't make sense either, as all Channelers get that effect for free at level 1.
  3. Giaur New Member

My main is channeler an for me the two epic buff / construct heal are ridicilous.

Combat Awareness is mostly ok besides Point Blank Shot. This is an ability channeler and ranger get with lvevel 1. It shows that the daybreak devs don't know the classes.
    Change Point Blank on the Buff to a Buff similar that defiler get for their pet. More dps and form change of the construct.

Emergency Power the damage proc should be set to a 100%, with the 30% chance it nearly doesn't proc even on longer fights.
    On yesterdays' raid in Vaedenmoor, Pummel didn't proc on the fight on Vhaksiz the Shade (T3).
  4. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

So I obtained my channeler epic the other night and finally did a little testing with it. The spells definitely need help. They just don't live up to the other classes epic abilities. I suggest something like the following:

1. Combat Awareness. Keep the fervor, keep the casting while on the move. Move the damage proc from Emergency healing onto this ability and make it a 100% proc (like the defiler pet boost).

2. Emergency Power. Change this to something like Wendigo where the channeler gets a substantial auto attack boost.

Alternatively, make the boost a little smaller than Wendigo and instead add a boost to vector of life that gives anyone healed (even if for 0) a comparable auto attack boost for a period of 30s. Something similar to the inquisitor epic buff where they get they get a personal auto attack modifier boost plus their whole group gets the modifier boost from fanaticism This would boost the channeler's own auto attack by the initial application plus the boost from vector. This gives the channeler a nice dps boost combined with some nice utility to the raid/group.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  5. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Bump. I figure the devs are busy fixing the abilities that are actually broken and doing massive damage over what they should be doing (see dumbfire pets). But epic abilities (like the channeler one) that are completely and totally underwhelming are just as bad for the game. People go through a lot to get their epics and they should be rewarded with something that is really special. This is especially true when you can look at some of the other epics and be blown off your feet.

Presently, channelers get a fervor boost. That is it. The remainder of the abilities are meh. Please consider boosting the channeler abilities. Give a class that is already poorly represented in the general population something that makes them valuable and desirable.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  6. Chillispike Active Member

Calculation of the Emergency Power

Heal portion:
    It ticks at apprentice level every 1,4 secs and the Duration is 8,8 secs
    that means it ticks 7 times (at first and at 8,4 secs last time) => 0,4 sec remaining just for proc Total heal amount: 37,8%

It ticks at Master level every 2,7 secs and the Duration is 16,6 secs
    that means it ticks 7 times (at first and at 16,4 secs last time) => 0,4 sec remaining just for proc Total heal amount: 70,7%

30% chance for the Damage to proc...
    checking one raid fight on the Entomber (without epic buff) the pet has a chance to hit of 25% while i did hit 100% of the times Average dealy on attacks was 2seconds.
    That means .. 1 attack every 8 seconds lands on the mob .. and 30% chance to proc so even at master level of the spell the chance to proc it is "plain" luck.

I guess it could be usefull despite the 30% chance to proc it, if the spell get's
    • Target will have their chance to hit with a weapon increased by X%
    • Gives target a X% chance to strikethrough a successful avoidance check
    A boost to stats maybe on top to proc some more damage
  7. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Never gonna give it up. Never gonna let (channelers) down....Bump.

I think some comment from the devs in any capacity about some of the underwhelming epic abilities/buffs would be insightful. Especially ones like the channeler buffs which are ...(Insert Trump voice) SAD!
  8. Chillispike Active Member

I tested the Emergency Power on a epic dummy, where i just send the construct in.
    The Bat essence increases the hit chance from around 70% to 90% on the dummy.
    With the bat essence i managed to get 2 hits of the proc at expert level:
    Coala's Pummel hits training dummy for 1.790.366 crushing damage.
    Coala's Pummel hits training dummy for 2.662.550 crushing damage.

For the duration of that fight the Bear essence dos actually more then that proc at all:
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.686.543 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.535.022 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.650.780 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.686.080 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 2.095.543 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.946.285 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.703.014 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.628.973 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.326.663 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.386.553 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.779.646 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.999.989 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 2.030.766 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.325.658 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.471.497 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 1.847.036 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 2.097.730 crushing damage.
    Coala's Bear Essence hits training dummy for a critical of 2.139.004 crushing damage.

So if it procs at all the damage isn't even better as Bear Essence one, since it doesn't even crit!
    The Constuct heal is ok for me, even a dissonce reduction would make more sence somehow considering not all nameds have a detriment that needs to be cured.
  9. StylishSwashy New Member

So is there even anyway to get the devs attention to this cause its almost like we voice our problems and get nothing
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Daily reminder that wizard epic is the worst one.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you b/c (1) you are in the wrong forum; and (2) even if the wizard one is bad (which no doubt it may be) it pales in "badness" to the Channeler one.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

(1) True (2) No, the wizard one is basically worthless
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Absolutely irrelevant here.
  14. Crowder Member

Wrong thread
  15. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

I haven't bumped this in a bit. Think we can boost the channeler epic? Please? Pretty please? With sugar? Or Tequilla?
  16. Stylishhealer New Member

A nice thing for channeler epic is to make siphoned protection apply to group
  17. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I actually like to be able to cast anything on the run now, even though its only just a few more things with the epic spell.
    But still some attention to these spells wouldn't hurt anyone right ? :)
  18. Myrdinn Member

Personally, I feel like Channelers are finally in a good spot with this expac and the epics. There is no need to adjust anything for us. Speaking from the perspective of a raiding Channeler in a guild that has killed every raid mob in current progression save for the T4's and haven't tried the Expert raids yet, we out dps every other healer while in heal stance. Hell we even out dps some of the utility and dps toons. I don't always make top 8 on an ACT parse paste in guild chat, but can consistently hit top 10-11. If I were ever allowed to raid in a dps spec and not have to worry about being a healer I could probably make top 6. As far as healing goes, we very easily beat out chain if you're only interested in numbers and looking at ACT (which is so easy to inflate). Though any healer worth their salt knows ACT sucks for gauging how effective a healer is. The real test is in groups and we shine there. We solo heal groups just as effectively as Defilers and Mystics but bring more utility and dps than they do.

I'm glad to see more and more Channelers showing up on the different servers. There's no need to make us uber and have people screaming for nerfs on us. Leave us where we are which is great when played effectively by players who take the time to learn the class and work with our gifts and limitations. Channelers are a fun and interactive class to play that hasn't been screwed up by the devs listening to an uninformed player base yet. I would hate to see us brought down to the mind numbingly boring level of so many other classes that only rely on hitting 1,2,3,4... over and over and over for every group and raid.

Please leave our epic and epic spells alone.
    Snikkety likes this.
  19. Mhoramm Member

I second what they said.

Although I do like the idea of making Siphoned Protection group wide (that would definitely make people call for the nerf bat tho).
  20. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I personally think, the only way you can achieve such dps is with the ascension abilities, which any other priest could do if they wanted, especially if they are the highest tier spells, and the rest of the raid have them at lower tier. With our own spells & auto it is not possible. As to bringing more utility than a mystic or defiler I can not agree with you, it could be more types of utility but certainly not more useful.