Channeler Class Orange

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jinkies, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Jinkies New Member

Really needs to be changed to Truespirit Defiance, Siphoned Protection hardly ever used anymore (for groups to end raid mobs).
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, most of the healer class adorns are... less then useful. The defiler and fury ones are the only ones that are NOT 'sad' to a large degree.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

OR it could be for all of slot 3, since you can only use 1 of them at a time anyhow, and cant even switch during combat, and all 3 would be still very high dissonance cost even with the rune.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

Would be nice it would reduce the dissonance cost of any Slot3 heals yes.
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

ALL of the channeler stuff this expansion has sucked. Pure and simple.

Epic buff...crap...fervor is pointless as it doesn't work with interception and our DPS is laughable.
    Epic buff: point blank. Have had since level 1.....
    Epic buff: Move while casting. Could do this for the most part anyway and fights where it matters, it applies as part of the fight mechanic anyway.

Emergency power: I have yet to find any use for this what so ever....... My construct has almost 2 billion HP in raid...he almost never needs healed. Reactives keep him alive anyway.
    Emergency power: dmg proc...usually doesn't work, adds very little to the pathetic DPS we put out anyway (I average 70million without ascension while im healing)

Class rune: Pointless. Saving coins up for my wizard on all my toons when they become heirloom.

lastly, after all these years with channelers around....98% of raid leaders still use the class incorrectly.

Bonus: I can have crappy CB/Pot and still heal as good if not better than other healers.
  6. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

LOL this is mostly true except that if you have more pot your asc spells will hit for more too but for the heal part I understand ...
    Yeah the epic spells are pretty useless I barely ever heal my pet on raids or grps too, no need for it.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Agreed on all but the rune. The channeler rune is actually fantastic, if you know how to play the class. It makes some old AAs usable.
  8. Vunder Well-Known Member

• 5% hp mod for siphoned protection.....who uses this? Truespirit defiance..only..ever. Anything else and you doing it wrong.
    • 1000 dissonance - this would be AWESOME, if we actually used dissonance enough to matter...but I don't.
    • 5% chance to recast any combat arts....oooooo /end sarcasm.
    Sorry I know this class inside and out and i fail to see how any AA will be usable again with this rune. I'm always open to suggestions and information. It's how I constantly improve on my playing ability to please enlighten me if I am overlooking something.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

I don't play the class, I just had a guildie who was a fantastic channeler. Some type of ward that was basically unusable due to dissonance costs. Warded for 1b+
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

Yea, it wards for close to 2.3 billion, lasts about 6 seconds and has a horrible bleedthrough. Problem I run into, is that I use it, then protection procs and the tank become immune for the duration of the ward.

Its much more efficient to cast truespirit (50 charges of a complete heal reactive) that lasts about 20 seconds and heals the entire group. By the time it's gone you can cast it again as your pet has healed and you have cured someone to remove dissonance.

Sadly the runes -1000 dissonance only applies to siphoned protection which makes the run 95% worthless in my book and many others I have conversed with.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Vunder, I don't understand how is your Siphoned Protection only last 6s and mine last for 15s ?
    And you says your Truespirit Defiance last for 20s while mine only last 6s ?
    Confused here :(
  12. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Ok, so please Vunder or anyone please tell me how to make Truespirit Defiance last 20s ! I really have to know ... I'm dying here ! Need to know now PLEASE !
  13. Chillispike Active Member

The rune effect was awsome last expansion coz there was no bleedtrough. (changed my way of healing)

The Fervor effects at least the overtime heal of the interception and ward of healing arrow.
    Due the "huge" bleedthrough i changed my AA setup to use Seeking Cascade, which means i can use Truespirit Restoration sometimes for free.
    The restore effect of the Seeking Cascade is now the third biggest heal, heals more then the rift does and heals for higher amounts as well.
    A Combo of Channeler and Defiler is still quite efficient since the bleedthough is lower the more wards are stacked on top of each other.
    The dissonance it mostly ok .. as long as there is something to cure. The only class that likes curing prolly =)
  14. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Chillispike what is the duration of your Siphoned Protection and Truespirit Defiance pls ?
  15. Vunder Well-Known Member

sorry logged out at work.

I had them backwards in my head. TD lasts 6 seconds and SP lasts 15. However they do seem to last longer on a tank that has beneficial spell buff...but that could be in my head.

I did notice siphoned protection doesn't ward as much as it used too. At 46k pot it only wards for 320 million.
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

LOL ok, you got me scared there ... !
    I would have loved to have Truespirit last for 20s though hehe.
    Vunder likes this.
  17. Chillispike Active Member

I saw your question .. but couldn't log back in quickly since the login servers went down again.

siphoned protection lasts 8 seconds and wards wit celegate proc for 800mil for me. It's effected by pot, cb, fervor and abiltiy mod.

Like i wrote go seeking cascade .. it's a diff way of healing but a 2min damage restore (6% at 8 stacks) so far my dps and my hps went up with it .. specially coz i can cap CB with that specc.
    Vunder likes this.
  18. Mhoramm Member

The class orange works great when wards work. In T4 it's not as effective with the bleed through. But the reactive heal is ALMOST worthless, it costs too much and doesn't last long enough. If you know when big hits are coming, sure its good. The reactive gives 50 tics but I usually only see like 5 get used. But, the channeler is a class where you have to know your group and the fight so you can have the spells you need ready when you need them. So each one does have it's uses. And as for emergency power, if you are not using that or Dissipate then you are leaving heals or dps on the table.
  19. Vunder Well-Known Member

I don't use either one unless it gets down right ballsy fight. (IE squishy tank and I have to USE Dissonance)

Intercept heals make up about 80% of my heals. The rest I patch heal with truespirit restoration, shadow escape, soul shot, and seeking crusade. Shadow escape if a very powerful group heal that has a low recast. The heal will happen if the spell fails or not (uneven ground, wall, ect)

Now if Im helping carry a smaller group through experts I will swap to rift as it helps keep them alive a little better with low resolve.

As for emergency power. I use this ability for a few different situations when I can.
    1. when I need power and consume my pet and he needs bumped up without using dissonance.
    2. When i know the tank is about to take huge hits in raid, I will use this with maximized protection, keeps pet in green and interception at 100%.
    3. I'm just attempting to dps and will use it for the proc and heal while I cast sacrifice.
  20. Grawl Member

Stopped playing back in June after 12 years of playing the game. Many things brought me down emotionally to the point I didn't want to play anymore.

Been thinking of coming back though, but not sure the state of the game, nor this next expansion.

I played a Channeler for a few years after I found it too hard to try and heal with a Inquisitor.
    Quit Channeler after it became too hard to solo heal groups. Maybe I was bad, maybe it was the class.
    All I know is Shaman's were the only good healer out there the last 2 expansions. Saw a video on how good Furies are now I guess.
    I really don't know how anyone can play Channelers though unless mixed with a Shaman or even a Templar.
    Never found the absorbs the constructs do unless was on a single target and the heals were slow. I did love the Seeking Cascade and group protect AA. But a 4% absorption and 7% reactive heal to group just didn't cut the mustard. Or if you went TSRift, you have only a small range to stay within that heal.

Honestly I wish I had a lot more mentoring figuring out how some of these top Channelers actually were able to keep their groups alive and manage dissonance.