Changing TS Class to pick up missing Quests - Any way to get 110-125 yet?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Evangel, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Evangel Member

Hey folks,

I'm a 125 Provisioner that would like to reset my tradeskill class so that i can pick up missing quests. I'm a questing completionist, so the loss of all my provisioner recipes is acceptable. However, i've done the BoL/RoS/VoV crafting timelines already, and i understand that crafting writs will not get me past level 100 (or is it 110?). I saw a post from Nami back in January of 2020 regarding a fix for that situation being requested for a future update, but i don't believe anything was ever implemented. Anyone else stuck on this?

Cheers,
    Evangel
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I am currently working my way through TS subclass 8 of 9 for the same reasons you want to. Here's what's going to happen:

1. When you speak to the class trainer to reset, you'll be set at level 9. Just a handful of combines will be enough to max out the level and allow you to choose your class.
    2. Your Tradeskill vitality will be wiped out, which isn't a terrible thing since you can get through the teen levels to pick your subclass at 20 fairly easily with a few writs anyway.
    3. You will lose access to your Tradeskill Prestige AA abilities, including Harvest Tracking, the Goblin buff, summoning crafting stations, etc. They're level locked, so you will unlock them in the order that you set them as you progress beyond level 90.
    4. You will PERMANENTLY LOSE the crafting combine for the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl questline. It's not possible to go back and redo that quest, so your character will not be able to provide the combine needed for anyone else working on that questline.
    5. You CAN go back and redo the Proof of the the Pudding quest in Rivervale at level 80. You won't get another Earring of the Solstice, but you will be granted the the class cloak and Master Certificate the quest grants to you.
    6. The Twark totem and Renfry's Basement Bauble are level locked. You won't be able to use them for fast travel.
    7. The Earring of the Solstice is level locked.
    8. The Blessing of Arcanna'Se and that book you get from the CD timeline are level locked. You won't be able to equip them in order to use the fuel merchant summon.
    9. If you have completed the Sentinal's Fate TS line, you can buy your new class's tool from the Shady Swashbuckler at somewhere around 85-90. You can put them inside your house as furniture, or use them as wardrobe weapons, or whatever you want.
    10. Level 95 to 100 are going to be a painful grind, no matter how you approach it. If you haven't done the TS questlines from the level 95-100 areas (Cobalt Scar, Tranquil Sea, Vesspyr Isles, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains), then now would be your time to do them. They will get you through the levels faster than simply grinding writs. Using an XP potion and managing your tradeskill vitality will make the process faster, but not by much.
    11. Your tradeskill vitality will be wiped out when you hit level 100. It's just what happens. Same thing happens to adventure vitality.
    12. I have been told that you can buy the master class cloaks that are rewarded from the KA timeline from a merchant in Obulous. I have not completed this timeline just yet, as I am saving it for when I return to being a carpenter just to make sure that I don't lose out on it. I don't really care about the other 8 cloaks, but I want the carpenter.
    13. Level 100-121 is going to be a slog, no matter how well you're prepared. The PoP tradeskill weekly in the Coliseum of Valor is the way to go. Completing a weekly will give you about 4-5 levels if you complete it with most of your vitality. Using an XP potion can give you up to 9 levels with vitality. There's no way to make this fast. Getting to 121 is going to take you 4-6 Weekly TS missions. You could just endlessly grind writs at the cost of your sanity, but do you really want to?
    14. The level 125 TS writs open up at level 121. If you have no reason to get back up to level 125 (pretty much only have to if you have more recipes to scribe), then you can reset your class at 121 and start again. If you DO need to get to 125, then you will still have to complete the PoP weeklies. They can give you about 50-70% after level 120, and the Renfry Weeklies don't give that much XP to help boost you up either. You'll have to do both of them with vitality management to get the most out of it. This actually will become a major bottleneck when the level increases to 130 or higher, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
    15. Avoid the Chaos Descending, Blood of Luclin, and Reign of Shadows weeklies unless you need the currency. They don't provide nearly as much XP as the PoP one continues to provide.
    Kethryl, Momo and Daryx like this.
  3. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Thank you Cusahorn for laying all this out in such horrifying detail. I'm not sure "quest completionist" really describes the level of OCD'ness required to actually voluntarily do all this :confused:
    Cusashorn and Momo like this.