Changing Melee Auto Attack

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Neiloch, May 24, 2016.

1. Estal Well-Known Member

I suspect the "alternatives" he suggested may have been tongue in cheek.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

Of all the proposed changes to argue against, why this?
  3. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yeah Neiloch, Jeez. Just listen for the sound of your attacks. Then you'll play gud like this person who used to play the game with no server lag one time. I mean, his character was created in 2006, so he sounds like a pretty big deal.

Besides, your bow probably just doesn't have the same weapon delay as itself.

Seriously, where do you find these people?
    Livejazz likes this.
  4. Ruckus Well-Known Member

But his wood elf's hair color changed years ago, and he's still mad.
    Livejazz likes this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember his trolling from EQ2flames days. I still lowered myself to responding to him on here anyway. I feel so dirty. :(
    Livejazz likes this.
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

People please. Don't respond to people who don't know what's going on by attacking them. If they don't understand the first time, explain patiently. If they continue to not get it, ignore them. This is how threads get shut down.
    Meneltel, Mermut and Livejazz like this.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

Talathionetc... I've been playing since 2007, I know how to time autoattacks from back then till now, (we could even discuss my 176 ms reaction time at http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime).... so here's an attempt to explain to you what is going on with melee autoattacks now. In heroic and solo zones, autoattacks don't screw up the casting of CAs at all. Everything works fine and depending on the player, we can choose to time autoattacks or mash CAs, and autoattacks do not interfere with them. Autoattack damage has been nerfed so bad it is now less than 10% of our parse. I had a great lag-less parse in raid last week, and my autoattack damage was .... wait for it, 4% of my total damage.

Combat raid lag is so bad this year that you can only cast 1-3 CAs per 3-5 seconds with 2.4 sec weapons, or 3.6 weapons or 4.5s weapons. It doesn't matter. You hit the first CA, it takes 1 second to depress and recover. Even if it is 0.25 casting and recovery. or instant cast and 0.25 recovery, it takes one full second. You hit the 2nd CA, it may stay pressed or allow you to press a 3rd CA which WILL stay pressed for the next 2-4 seconds before autoattack fires, regardless of weapon delay. That chain will take 3-5 seconds if you have 2.4s weapons. It will take 4-5 seconds if your weapon is slower. This then repeats. It is almost as if the server lag determines when autoattack goes off in 3-5 seconds, not your weapons.

With no lag, I can EASILY cast 4 quick CAs every 2.4s before autoattack hits. In the time a player can normally cast 3-4 CAs in 2.4s, or 4-5 in 3.6s or 5-6 in 4.5s, in the raid lag we have now, they can only cast 1-3 CAs in 3-5 seconds period.

I lied... it is 164ms and I'm not fully awake yet.
  8. Livejazz Well-Known Member

When you say "I can't imagine," you're not saying anything at all interesting about the rest of reality -- you're only saying something quite sad & boring about yourself.

I've been playing on & off since 2005. I've played Scouts & Mages the whole time, so I know fairly well what's what with both classes, & I can quite happily say that you don't seem to know what you're talking about.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I thinks it's like this because that you use a wand as a focus to cast a spell. Imagine in movies all those wizards that do not hit each other on heads with wands but rather direct with them their spells toward a target.
    I think this is why auto attack of spell weapons goes with no interruption. Even different skill is used to fire up a spell weapon. Focus. ACT shows the damage of such auto attack as crush but it is not really.

Melee weapon (again if we imagine movies) requires waving it and hitting with it around. In such situations if a warrior is casting a spell they probably have to stop waving melee weapon for a few sec.
    Anyway it can be all rubbish what I typed here. I just tried to come up with a plausible explanation why two auto attacks are different from each other. It doesn't mean I disagree with making melee autoattack uninterruptable.