Changes to XP.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lare, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

They're Free2Play, so what they aren't making off of those players subscription-wise they are making in different ways. I don't consider that any extra bonus revenue.

Sure, the game and development definitely has different levels of priority, but they aren't based exclusively on the play style. They are based on their overall impact to a certain play style. A raid zone is hotfixed as a priority if it is broken or otherwise impeding game-wide progression. Same goes for other aspects of the game if the problem is serious enough.

You missed my point about "choice". It was aimed clearly and solely at the choice to have 20 alts (or how many alts you decide you want).

DMs weren't ruined. Yeah, the nerf was way too hard, but the XP they were dishing out was ridiculous. The DMs that were being used to power-level are boring, lack challenge and any aesthetic merit. Contested content is being/has been fixed. It is not ruined. Crafting is not ruined. I almost single-handedly leveled our guild getting to 100. That's a benefit to me and everyone in the guild. I have a nice chunk of status so the next time some crazy expensive status items come up for sale, I won't be amongst the throng of people whining about how much status they cost. Your use of hyperbole is a little much.

As for raiders and how slow levelling is... it took me just over 4 days of pretty relaxed questing and some grinding to hit 100. That isn't slow. If raiders are whining about how 'slow' that is, they need to man up.

Again, if it's the Free2Play crowd that we're talking about now, I need to reiterate that they are not paying a subscription. If they have to buy a few XP potions (do they not also get /claim rewards?) then so be it. It isn't much in the way of gained revenue as it is making up for lack of subscription.

I agree that it took them too long to address the DM issue. It should have gone live with the nerf to SS XP.
  2. Phtoeplak New Member

If people like grinding to level so much should not they actually like this change? going from 95 to 100 in 3hrs is hardly a grind.
    If raiders have 20 alts and do not wish to level them all up in content why not just grant them the ability to use a level to 100 bauble? (with full raid gear / max AA) (being serious) Maybe make it so upon completion of X-amount of raid content you get 1 bauble. That way only raiders can use these baubles and get to play the game their way. Progression guilds can now work on their higher agenda. Personally i would never want to use one of the insta100 baubles. For me, getting there is the fun of the game not being there. But for those that like the being there part then the bauble would fix it for them.
  3. Merrilee New Member

Just ran a solo mission through the sig quest on an alt - mission rewarded just over 3% with vitality and an exp potion running. Total gain for running it was about 5%.

I don't usually use exp potions while questing, but I am this time. I'm half-way through the sig quest on my alt and only half way through 96. I'm harvesting every shiny I see, doing every quest, exploring every area fully for the experience. It isn't enough to get me through to 98 where the advanced solos will be opened up.

I always do the signature quests. I really liked the ToV ones, they were in-depth, long, involved. Very few were especially tedius, there's always a few. I had no problem running it on every alt and even ran it more than once to help friends. This expansion, the quest is anemic, there only other quests are the handful of item quests, there's just not enough meat on these bones to satisfy and keep it from being the worst kind of grind.

And yes, I have alts. I have LOTS OF ALTS. Having alts is what keeps me playing the game. It's what keeps a lot of people playing the game. If people don't play, there isn't a game. So those that think their way is the only way and it's all our fault because we either a) like a different play style or b) have alts, there is no game if you are the only player(s) because you are a minority.
    Charlice and Naramsin like this.
  4. Sisca Well-Known Member

Just to reassure you Merrilee, if you finish the signature quest you should be about 30% through 98. That's how it's worked out for both of the characters I've taken through and that's without using any potions.

I haven't had a chance to test today's changes to solo/AS XP but I'm hopeful that it will be a noticeable improvement which will make getting that last 1.7 levels feel less grindy.
    Deveryn and Shmogre like this.
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Look how many times you took what I said and twisted it into something else that had nothing to do with what I said. If you are going to debate please don't alter the context. You put down absolutely 0 explanation as to why it was chosen after everyone else leveled up. You say man up, you and like maybe a handful of other support this idea at all. You tried to back up choices, it was no one's choice to have any of it nerfed in the first place. Stay on topic.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I twisted nothing. They're straightforward responses and I've already filled this and other threads with enough substantive responses and reasons for why I have formed the opinion I have. I can't give you an explanation of why they nerfed the XP when they did. All I know is that it was fairly evident that the nerf wasn't too far off once the SS nerf was implemented. That and the fact that the designing of DMs is a paid for part of the game. Seems odd that Free2Play should even expect to be able to use them at all.
    These are internet forums. It's of no surprise to me that the bulk of input on a topic like this would be negative. Saying things like "most" or "many" or "handful" is completely unsubstantiated.
  7. Ziggs New Member

So just to get this straight. A lot of people are quitting and/or dumping some of their extra accounts because of these XP changes. Before the changes were in place, a few people complained about "EZ MODE" but in the end just chalked it up to a difference of opinions on how people were leveling.

Intelligence and/or good business sense tells you that you should probably reverse the nerfs and let people play the way they wish because the other way loses you money. One way....people quit....other way...people stay but complain of the ease of the game. This is truly a "derp" business decision fellas.
    Kraeref and Filly67 like this.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Actually, a lot of people have quit because things were getting to be too easy. They've been doing it for years.
  9. Kosovos Member

I was like "Okay," for the Nerfed DM exp. A mixed reaction, as I did the entire signature quest line twice for two characters. Then when I hit 98, that was it. I was doomed.

People always want maxed 100 characters for anything. If your not 100, Your not good, good bye. So that leaves the freshly minted 98s with nowhere to go.

But then I remembered back in the day, when Kingdom of Sky went live. The Sanctum of the Scaleborn, and ALL THE GROUPS it had. The real zinger is here. Why were they busy there? Well, there was something called good experience. SOE has since nerfed this and now, groups are as rare as finding a diamond if your not 100.

Here's a thought! Maybe boost the contested dungeons up to par, good experience where people would be looking for these groups most of the time. I know, crazy huh? But that is only a fairy tale. It will never happen ever again.
  10. Lare Active Member

That is not 100% accurate, we lost a lot of players for so many different reasons. Let me think of a few..... SC for starters, Free to play. Selling the UK EQ2 players just to mention a few. What about Screwing Avatars and their procs another.

A change in focus and direction of the game is one dumbing the game down is one for sure.. Even changing all the spell names.

So many reasons just to say its was because they made it easy is just so big a generalization its not funny,

I have no issues with things been made harder but when the numbers on the server make it impossible to get groups around the times I play then forced to do the sig quest 20 or so times just to get the alts I have at 95 to 100 just makes all the work time and energy I put into this game become worthless.

When you force this on people its not rocket science people are going to be upset, resentful and potentially decided enough is enough like the thousands that have already left.

EQ2 cant afford to loose more people over something they can change they just have gone over board on this that is all.

They should increase the xp for every mob you should not be getting 8xp per kills for something that is green and above it should be reasonable give us a reason to kill stuff overland!
  11. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Going to go ahead and lock this now, as it has become non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.