changes to Earring of Solstice

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Chikkin, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

From tomorrow's patch notes:
    • Moved the crafting and harvesting skill bonuses from the Earring of the Solstice off of the item and added to the triggered spell effect.
    What and why is that? Will we have to "use" earring to get some sort of timed buff with those crafting and harvesting stats?
  2. Hermmit Active Member

My take on this is that those skill bonuses will be added to the clicky buff.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Allegedly it also automatically turns off if you get into combat... so, while harvesting, if you get jumped by a mob you'll have to recast the 'buff' every single time.
    Because reasons.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Hermmit Active Member

Seems to work the same as usual. The buff gets supsended but not dispelled when you go into combat. The buff still shows up with same duration. Did the buff ever get dispelled when entering combat before the patch? Because it's always stayed on me for the full duration.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's their idea of 'fixing' what they keep breaking.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-earring-of-the-solstice.595377/#post-6624528
    and
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...update-notes-friday-september-18-2020.596084/

Personally I consider it more broken now than it's ever been. :oops:
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

The buff shouldn't be lost but if you try to channel through as I usually do you'll have to do it without that harvesting bonus now.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You all missed the "bright side" of this. For those that choose or have to fight while harvesting, you toss the ear on and use it, then put back on your best ear with stats for combat. I don't mind the change at all and actually like it.

They could make it better by being able to use from inventory rather than having to equip it, but that's the only improvement I can think of.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's not much of a bright side for the majority of my crafters. Due to the continual meddling with the stats on this item it has pretty much been the BIS item for them for some time now and never comes off.