Change to T4 concentration slot buff!!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-fogcat, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-fogcat Guest

Ok I admit...this makes me mad. There was no notes about it and it took me a week to figure out what the heck happened. Although, admittedly, I should have known where the issue was sooner than I did, just had my gear for so long I didn't know where it was coming from.
    There was a change made to T4 armor that gave the Percussion of Stone free concentration slot to Riana's VI instead. This makes that free concentration slot pointless if you are upgrading to the Tier 9 spells. Now seriously, this was the only change made? You guys keep INT on the tier 3 gear after making INT totally pointless for dirges, but you take away that PoS concentration slot on the 2 piece bonus on T4? Now if you made Mark armor that could outdo my T4, I would understand. But this "force them to move to the cruddy Mark armor" is getting ridiculous.
    I will stop ranting now.
    At least I have my myth buff and it doesn't suck as much as I thought it would.
  2. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

i thought i should have more buffs going!
  3. ARCHIVED-PurrceyPurespirit007 Guest

The change was made during beta when they were planning to allow bards to buff multiple groups. The scrapped the buff idea mid beta but never reverted the armor bonus back. There is a red adornment that effect Rianna T9 version and removes the conc slot again, I believe.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

fogcat wrote:
    There is nothing wrong with keeping the INT on gear. Does it being there really bother you so much? It's not like they are going to replace it with any other stat sicne bard gear already had more green stats than it should due to bard having more than one stat needed for damage. New gear with 40agi is as good as old gear with 40 agi, 40 str and 40 int.
  5. ARCHIVED-fogcat Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Yes, it does bother me. Though to be honest it wouldn't if I had just got the generic T3 gear instead of the dirge gear. Then I could at least believe there was some justification for it. INT used to be right up there in priority for us dirges. I put a lot of thought into my gear in T8 to balance both. When they changed the stats to really what feels like a dumbed down version, they should have changed the class stats on class armor.
    Your point about new gear having 40 AGI is as good as old gear with 40 AGI, 40STR and 40 INT is valid but that is I guess the crux of the matter for me. What is the point of getting the higher end Mark armor when my T3/T4 armor is just as good (if not better with procs and bonuses) even given the level diminishing returns for higher level mobs? I have all these marks but they are really pretty useless in the long run. So probably my main complaint more than they didn't change the stats on dirge armor is that the new expansion is lacking in armor progression. This is not a new complaint however. And yes, on other classes they are changing old stats (or in the process) if you look at the gear and equipment forums. I saw these after I wrote the initial rant. I can only hope they turn their dev eye to the dirge equipment.
    I am not so upset anymore, more resigned to the disappointment I am having with the expansion. Yes, I was in Beta but I didn't group enough there to see the concentration slot missing (again, I should have seen that sooner). Glad to hear that there is at least the rumor of the red adornment though. I want my concentration spot back ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-mook85az Guest

There is absolutely no reason not to replace WoE armor ASAP. The set bonuses are stupid and new armor has high concentrations of blue stats, including some that were very scarce in t8 like potency and crit bonus. All my t3 stuff is gone, and my blue stats have exploded because of it. My dps is through the roof. T4 stuff is trickier because of set bonuses, but nearly all of them can be had through red adornments. If you have to break a set, just adorn that piece with the missing bonus (some restrictions make this messy, but generally this can be done). Armor should be replaced for the same reason, mainly crit bonus.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

fogcat wrote:
    I agree, besides the select few rare good items the itemization in SF truly sucks for armor and most weapons.