change our anti death

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Torque89, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Torque89 Guest

right now it only lasts 20sec , so u must try and guess when your going to die 2 times in 20sec to get full use out of it.

Please change this, make it like other tanks, untill the triggers are used or a 3 min buff, anything would be better.
  2. ARCHIVED-Exordus Guest

Agreed, but this has been stated several times. Right now I don't even waste the points.
  3. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

4. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

A perm buff with a real long recast would be nice like the Zerkers. Like once it's used you have to wait 15 mins to recast it.
  5. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

scalzo wrote:
    I could live with a 3 minute recast with the 20 second timer starting after the first deathsave goes off. TBH, this has been requested multiple times and not by just monks, it is just another example of the constant screwover we have been getting by devs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Brickfist Guest

Yah there was something like 20 seperate threads started in beta about it before it even went live, but still no change. Like the preious poster sais, it just a waste of points. Take those points and put a little bit more in block chance and you'll probably get something more useful.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

It should be permanant. Make the recast longer, I don't care. But as it is now it's pretty useless if your not able to predict the future with 100% accuracy.
  8. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

This is true of a lot of our other buffs as well. For example, Shadow AA:Brawler:Inner Focus, which absorbs damage from only 2 attacks when the amount of damage is 35% or greater. However it's instant cast and 15 seconds in duration. So unless you're fighting something that you know will hit you for 70%+ of your health in only 2 of it's attacks within a very short time, it's sort of useless. Also, ironically, it places a brawler into a situation where they would be better off it they had *fewer HP* so the effect would be more likely to activate.

They changed Superior Riptoste, which was sort of useful (it did riptoste one attack for free, assuming it wasn't Strikethrough), into this garbage as well. The new Monk AA:Superior Guard lasts 15 seconds and prevents *one* attack IF it would hit for more than 35% of the monks maximum HP AND you don't use a combat art for those 15 seconds. The only time you'd use this would be if you were running away from something red and nasty, and it still would likely not be enough to make a difference: We'd use Tsunami or Bob and Weave or 5 AA's in Stone Stance.

Please, please, please fix these horrible Predict-o-mancy based abilities. They are a travesty of game design. Do not make your players try to bet on when they are going to be killed or multilated. They should have abilities which help them survive.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rasttan Guest

Superior Guard works great as is, this thing has a super fast recast 45 seconds in a good group with re-use haste buffs and stops every AE out there, no jousting on hardmodes = 20k+ parses on hardmode mobs. It works on the deathshot AE's also I dont joust anything on anymob with this up. It stops 1 attack not one physical attack its much better than you think any hit of any kind over 35% and this thing triggers and saves you.
    I dont want it changed I can live with a few seconds of no combat arts for the trade off. We have plenty of other tanking save abilities and allready tank a crapload better than we did in any other expansion.
  10. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Rasttan@Unrest wrote:
    While I agree, and that I love this ability the problem is they ruined it for non raid content.
  11. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

In it's current form it is very useful for PvP. I've had it stoneskin for 30k damage against a wizard who I than proceeded to tear apart.
  12. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Ambrin@Nagafen wrote:
    VS previously where it would reflect that same 30k back on the wiz.
  13. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    It depends, if the first thing the wizard cast was the big nuke than it would. What would happen more often than naught though was something like Storming Tempest or some other piddly hit would get reflected or riposted and I'd be hit with the big damage anyway. I can only think of a handful of times when the reflect actually reflected something that would really hurt the offending caster. In it's current form it is pretty much guaranteed to stoneskin a big hit which I really think is a superior PvP implementation.

I will admit though, on the rare occasions it would reflect a big nuke back on a mage it was pretty awesome.
  14. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

As irksome as predictomancy is, I've found that once you learn the encounters those abilities become pretty useful. The main issue is there's just too many of them that rely on such predictions. I can predict a big hit from an AE, sure--but I'm going to superior riposte it. Having a deathsave, superior riposte, AND inner focus all rely on that kind of prediction is just too much--I'd much rather keep superior riposte and inner focus for the situations I *can* Miss Cleo, and a passive deathsave for the ones I can't.