change character class ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Geroblue, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I searched the wiki, and I looked in Marketplace.

Want to change a bruiser character to another class.

The account I want to do this on has 47 loyalty tokens, but I forgot to check the loyalty merchants.

Is this possible ? Did I miss an item ?

Thanks,
    Gero.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You may switch a bruiser to a monk if you betray
    50 loyalty tokens
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No, I want to stay in Qeynos. Ah well.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I have never tried to do it that way, dont know if you can keep the same alignment or not
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I could probably go neutral and at Gorowyn, but I have no idea if that would work that way.

Prefer to use the loyalty tokens for some other things I have been thinking about.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no neutral. Gorowyn is evil, but allows full interaction with good toons.

Pretty sure you can use the token to change your class, but it's pretty easy to change it the old fashioned way if you don't want to change faction.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Betrayal_Token
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

There is a neutral city: Maj'Dul. They don't care about Good/Evil, just which of the three city factions you are allied with.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm still new here... so I have no idea what the old fashioned way is.

I could just delete and reroll, but the character is 39th and I have items/houses I can't transfer to another character.

edit:

Yeah, prestige house Rum Runners and the flame branded steed.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You can change your race, gender, alignment, or name, but the only thing you aren't allowed to change is your class, unless you betray. All the others you can buy a marketplace potion to change it.

I think it has always been assumed by the PTBs that if you want to change your class, you'll roll a new character. My suggestion is that you purchase a new character slot, and start whatever new class you are interested in.

*gasp* A new character? Did I just suggest that? That isn't something *I* would do... is it? ;)
    jeremiya-AB, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll just use the character less. I have some 40th gear I bought on the broker. I could go to 110 with the token that came with basic CD expac, but if I don't like bruiser at 39th doubt I'll like it at 110.

The other two characters on that account I have are a templar and a guardian. F2p for now. I can swap out the bruiser by running the templar next time I have that account all access.
  11. Momo Well-Known Member

No worries, Monk and Bruiser are neutral classes. You can change to Monk by betraying and stay in Qeynos if you want.If you dont want to spend your Loyalty Tokens you can do it old school via questline, here is how:
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Betrayal_Timeline
    Just that after you betrayed you gain your faction back with Qeynos instead of an evil city, thats all.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Which is why I provided you a link so you could read about the options.
    Soara2, Momo, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You are going to find that characters you dont play often are just a waste of space no matter what they have or have done, I would just delete the toon you dont like for one you may enjoy more.
    Soara2, Momo and Dude like this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You HAVE to go through the betrayal process to change your class. For bruisers, they can change to Monks. You can go back to Qeynos, but you have to work up the faction to be able to go back in (and you can't earn the same amount of faction that you already have).

Changing classes is the final step of the betrayal process. You speak with the class trainer you want to decide which class to be.

You can also betray as many times as you want if you ever decide you're cool with the idea of betraying and earning back the faction for whatever city you want to live in or whatever alignment you want to be.
    Soara2, Momo, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, but that seems more than I want to do, and monk is not the class I want to switch to.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Bank space and Inn rooms, etc. is why I have lots of characters.

On my main account, because I'm f2p on it, I have 5 characters I cannot access. But before I lost all access on that account I put all harvested and collection items in depots.

So all that came in handy.

I shall begin at the beginning, muddle on through the middle, and continue on to the end for another character on that account. I might even do it in my sleep.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Monk is your only choice if you have a bruiser. If you want something other than monk or bruiser, then your only choice is to roll a new toon.
    Soara2, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Next year when I go all access on that account, I'll just roll up something else. No problem.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not possible to change from a bruiser to a guardian or paladin, or any class of another archetype. This game is very structured.

Back in the day, Bruisers were the evil version of monks, so you had to betray freeport to change to a monk and you didn't have a choice in the matter.