Challenge zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by semisus, Apr 25, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Hello ive been trying to do the challenge zone and we havent gotten past the first named , like we know the mechanic where a certain class has to tank it but the increments still goes down 1 every 30 secs , are we doing something wrong? or is it also a dps check?
    seems kinda wrong that the increments goes down even if the correct class is tanking it
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

Yes it's a DPS check.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

thats one heck of a dps check if a healer has to tank and hold it
    they should remove half his hitpoints then
  4. Ellimist Active Member

have your healer reforge for hate gain using the offhand reward. Take a troub with you and put AV on them.

You have to keep the DPS up the whole time or you won't make it. To do it in only heroic gear you will need all the good stuff.
  5. maxximum Active Member

Been a while since I did the zone, but you need a specific setup to clear the whole zone. First name you need one of each archetype and some instant threat transfer so the healer can grab aggro when needed. The name will call out a different archetype every 20% and if its anyone not of that archetype that has aggro, they will get death-touched and it will be a wipe if too many people die.

Second name did require two healers to cure curses, but last time I went in we only had one healer and killed it so I don't know what's changed there, if anything. It might be that we killed it before a second curse could kick in so the second healer may still be required as the curse comes before one healer can cure the second one.

Third name is fairly easy, but you have to be quick on your feet as you have to keep jumping from the middle platform to the outer platform and back again repeatedly to avoid death.

The ideal set-up is something like:

Tank that can pump out some decent dps
    2 healers that can dps
    Troub that can dps, preferably speccd for 1 min AV recast time.
    Mage with very good dps
    Scout with very good dps (or a second mage if the troub can take aggro themselves and hold it).

There's no room for slack unless you have a beastly group, probably 80k potency minimum to even think about clearing the zone. The sad thing is that the loot that drops in there is far inferior to the gear you'd need to be wearing to clear it so I think people only bother killing the first two names to get the shinies these days. .
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

The mount that drops looks nice though.:)
  7. SteveB Active Member

Yes, it is the "Redlight" Dirstrict Mount :)
    I like it too and I use it for appearance
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

Crap, I just googled ""Redlight Dirstrict Mount" from work.... I hope they don't sack me from the results returned.
    SteveB and Kabbe like this.
  9. SteveB Active Member

Lol, was actually not the real name, only called it so because it is mainly red - stats are crap anyway ;)
    Drona likes this.
  10. SteveB Active Member

"Ignis, Harbringer of Fire" is the name of the mount
    Drona likes this.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain how to spawn the second name? We were able to kill the first name, but we only had 5 players because it was pretty late. So we took the braziers to the next area and got stuck because we didn't have that sixth person to clear the last hallway. We zoned out to bring in a sixth player to clear it.

When we went back, we all ended up in different locations in the hallway, but we were able to get the braziers working and port to the next area. We cleared all the trash and never found a name. We aren't sure if we missed something obvious that we need to do the spawn him, or if we broke the zone by zoning out and back in.
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

Once all hallways are clear and braziers to next area are active you zone to a new room with more clickie braziers. You click each, clear trash inside, then set the brazier symbol to what was inside. Once done on all.. the front brazier becomes active to next named. Zoning out and back could have caused trouble as I vaguely remember getting stuck at some point because we did just that
    Kari likes this.
  13. Kari Well-Known Member

Thank you!