CHALLENGE: Frostfell in July - Gone Wrong!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

PRIZES WINNERS ARE IN!
    Prize winners may choose any giftable item or items up to the amount they have won. Let me know your choices in this thread, PM me, or send me a Facebook message!

500DC: Reana
    500DC: Febrith
    2000DC: Solange

See all of the Frostfell in July - Gone Wrong! decorating challenge homes here:

I can't wait to see what you all do with this one! I'm super excited! Please enter your home in this thread, if you would like to participate, and list it in exactly this way:

Home Title/Name of Home:
    Designer:
    Owner:
    Server:
    Notes: Any special notes or comments you would like me to include in your video.

**If the character to whom you would like your prizes sent is different from the character you use to design, please include that information in your entry, or message/PM/email me the name, so I can add it to my notes!

PRIZES
    To truly even the chance for prizes, they will be determined by a random generator, so your skill level will literally have nothing to do with winning!
    • 1st Challengee Drawn: Any giftable Daybreak Store items up to 2000DC.
    • 2nd Challengee Drawn: One giftable Daybreak Store item up to 500DC.
    • 3rd Challengee Drawn: One giftable Daybreak Store item up to 500DC.
    Participation Prize: EVERY designer who participates in this challenge will receive a house item designed by a dev! Thank you to Kaitheel for the item, and thank you to all the devs for being so supportive of the decorating community!

PARAMETERS
    • Theme: You must have a Frostfell based theme except.... Frostfell has gone all wrong somehow! For example: the goblins are revolting and running amuck in the cities, plaguing everyone with their hijinx! Anything goes, as long as Frostfell has gone wrong!
    • One Entry Per Designer: I doubt anyone would enter more than one house but just in case!
    • Size: ANY size and location
    • Servers: ALL servers including Stormhold, Public Test, and Isle of Refuge
    • Skill Level: ALL skill levels
    • New Designs Only: You cannot enter a design that you have already shared in any public forum or published to the leaderboard. You CAN use a home you have completely 100% emptied to re-use for this challenge! Since I'm doing videos of all entries, I want to be able to share fresh designs!
    • Enter via this Everquest 2 forum thread Only: This is the only way I'm going to be able to accurately keep track of all the entries and how many there are. If you are unable to use the Everquest 2 forums, contact me via Facebook, comment at The Evertour Entries, email me (niboota AT gmail DOT com) with your entry, or have a friend list it for you.
    • Publish when complete: Publish your home to the leaderboard with (FGW) in front of your house name. Like this - (FGW) Your Home's Name Here. Once published, we will be around to appraise it, so be sure you are really done before you publish!
    • No Cheating: It's important to respect the rules set forth by Daybreak, so if your design violates the Eula or you've done something we all know we aren't supposed to do like place 5 teleport pads in your home, I'll have to remove you from the challenge.
    • Closed After 40 Entries: I seriously doubt I'll actually have this many entries, but JUST in case... I don't think I or the other Appraisers could realistically handle any more than this.
    TIME FRAME
    Official Start: Midnight CST, July 1st 2016
    Official End: 11.59pm CST, September 5th 2016 - Your home must be completed and published to the leaderboards by this time and day.

Appraisals: We will be visiting all homes to be sure they fall within the parameters of the challenge, and of course, so I can make a video for each entry. I have no idea how many entries I'll get, or what real life obstacles might get in the way, so I can't make any promises about how long it will take to get through them all, but I promise we'll appraise as fast as possible!
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oooh, Niboota...I have a question for you. Does Frostfell have to be the PRIMARY theme of the house, or can you have a different primary theme but with an underlying Frostfell gone wrong theme within the theme? If Frostfell must be the primary theme, then I'm afraid the house I planned to enter will not qualify, lol. My house is finished if you want to take a look at it and let me know if it qualifies. Let me know and I'll pm you the info for the house so you can decide.:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

PM me the info and let me check it out!
    I'm thinking Frostfell probably doesn't need to be the primary theme BUT it has to be clear that it is in fact the Frostfell season, so Frostfell needs to have a prominent presence if you know what I mean!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  4. Niboota Well-Known Member

I'm actually hesitant to go to look. After what you did with Punkocalypse challenge, I don't want to ruin my surprise for the video! I think I'll ask one of the other appraisers to go take and look and decide! :)
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok I will pm the info to you now. It is not Frostfell season in the home, but there is definite evidence of Frostfell having gone wrong. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, still working on some things, like learning Layout Editor, finally; as much time as that will take, I think it'll save on headaches and time later...I should be done by Aug. 31...haven't published yet; I'll let you know when I have. ;->

EDIT: ooh! Better title:
    Home Title/Name of Home: (FGW) No Escaping the Frostfell Blues [much better title!]
    Designer: Uwkete Vincentson, Maj'Dul server now ;->
    Owner: Vdova Roamin'Off (can and will gladly accept any prizes ;->)
    Location (Address or prestige home, City): Snowy Dwelling, Freeport
    Server: Halls of Fate
    EDIT: Notes: I, too, have a Notebook, before you get to the house. But you can also follow the lines of House Actors...as a matter of fact, it's better that way than just heading for the front door immediately. I'll see if I can arrange them in a logical progression. ;->

Vdova is the primary decorator (got her to 100th level Carpy, just for this! :D), and there are other decorators and contributors from my Halls of Fate gang, but I guess Uwk would be the ultimate Designer, since he's my main? ;->

Uwk

P.S. When is 11:59 CST in PST (Pacific Standard Time) form? Just out of curiosity... :-/ --U.
    Niboota likes this.
  7. LilitheEQ2 Member

How Ironic! I just started working on a Frostfell Tinker house on the Tinker Isle house.. I'll have to work hard to get it ready for this.. just started on it today. No item count correct?
    Niboota and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I saw something similar to the feel of this at least a year ago that seemed to have a man house actor, a woman house actor, a "little kid" house actor, a fireplace, and a burning Frostfell tree, since the mean daddy didn't want Frostfell celebrated in the house...I can't remember if there were any other items involved. :-/

You could probably go all the way to the limit of a couple of expanders, too. I don't think there's a limit, other than don't publish it anywhere else before this. :)

And don't break any EULA rules. ;->

Uwk
  9. Niboota Well-Known Member

Correct. No item count. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Home Title/Name of Home: (FGW) Arasai Arboretum
    Designer: Daemora
    Owner: Daemora
    Location: Vacant Estate of Unrest - Freeport side (Published under Massive Homes)
    Server: Maj'dul

So excited! Can't wait to see everyone's houses. :)
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Home Title/Name of Home: (FGW) Feb's Wonderland Department Store
    Designer: Febrith
    Owner: Febatrix
    Location: Dhalgar Precipice Freeport - Published under Massive Homes
    Server: Thurgadin

Sale Now On - Don't forget to take your purse!
  12. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Home Title/Name of Home: (FGW) I Won't Be Home For Frostfell, You Can't Count on Me (or something like this =D )
    Designer: Aelissa
    Owner: Aelissa
    Location: What's the Ship House called?! Freeport (may need to add this when I am 100% sober1) edit: Galleon of Dreams
    Server: AB
    Notes: Any special notes or comments you would like me to include in your video.
    I would like you to tell everyone how much you love me and how awesome I am =P
  13. Niboota Well-Known Member

ROTFL So I'll just guess at the title? :p
    The ship home is Galleon of Dreams :)
    I TOTALLY love you!! And you absolutely ARE awesome! You are beautiful, creative, multi-talented (gifted even!), kind, strong, generous, and many other things I could list! How was that? :D
  14. Aelissa Well-Known Member

I think I just accidently reported you
  15. Niboota Well-Known Member

:eek:
    How could you!? I thought we were friends *weeps*.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

lol don't feel lonely. a certain friend and i were chatting in the game when she informed me she had accidentally done the same thing to our chat. it happens. luckily they read the posts before taking a report seriously.
    SierraDawn, Aelissa, Niboota and 2 others like this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have accidentally done this once myself. I think I was trying to copy person's name so I wouldn't type it wrong lol
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Solaria Active Member

I am really looking forward to this and seeing all the creations out there!

Mine is smaller than most, but I think it will make you all smile. Note that it is still currently under construction, but will be done way before the cutoff. Thanks for doing this!

Edit: house is complete and published!! Thanks for the opportunity!

There will be a notebook to read when you enter also :)

Home Title/Name of Home: (FGW) Flippin' for Frostfell
    Designer: Solange
    Owner: Solange
    Location: (Address or prestige home, City)- Lions Mane Prestige Room- The Willow Wood in Qeynos Capitol District
    Server: Skyfire
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Just remember....big things come in small packages, as the old adage goes. I am sure what you do will be amazing. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Niboota like this.
  20. Niboota Well-Known Member

Don't worry we won't tour it until it's published to the leaderboard! :)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.