Challenge Duo Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kander, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Quabi Active Member

Yeah, but you could always solve that problem by getting heals. ;)

Also, is Caustic Detonation resistible? Might be good for Furnace adds if not.
  2. Chronus Active Member

I go without heals for many minutes of the fight the way I do Aquaduct with an inq. 24 minute kill times but it makes for first pulls.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

Plaguebringer/Apoc resists a couple times in Aquaduct and suddenly you're in trouble as you're getting more adds while you still have adds up.

So really stuck with resist heaven for another month, and hoping that it doesn't break anything going live right before you guys go to SOE Live? =/
    I don't understand why these mobs can't have a unique buff package that is basically copy pasted without the resists.
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I consistently clear automaton without being hit by the fail once.

Even if you get really unlucky and have to move 4 squares (which requires you to have bad positioning in the first place, since it's a 5x5 board...), one death save or stoneskin will likely carry you there.

I have also never had the white square completely surrounded by bad color tiles/unable to get a shield before. It could really only happen if the white square were in a corner two tile changes in a row, which won't happen "often", or ever. Even if it did if you were an OP as **** fae/arasai you could just jump over the tile. Only times I wish I weren't a ratonga is for this zone.

Automaton really is the best zone, least of the 3 for luck factor imo.
  5. Quabi Active Member

Automaton's too easy once you get used to it, imo. It should at least increase throughput faster (lower DPS teams could still do it by killing multiple mechanics).

Aquaduct would be the best by far if it had a time limit of 7-10ish minutes. Love that fight...even wiping to it is fun.
  6. Frezzy Member

I was going to post something else, but it was driven out of my mind by what just happened. In Antechamber, I was running to get into a better position between color calls. As I'm running, it calls orange, and I instantly die from disharmony. I was dead center on an orange tile. Not even close to an edge.

I love this zone, but you need to do something about disharmony hitting when it shouldn't. Happens to me about one in every three pulls.

My suggestion - make make the color dots into a two step thing. First dot calls a color. One or two seconds later, it applies a new dot that has a debuff that makes disharmony hit for 1000% more damage or something like that. Then change the base damage on disharmony to be something negligible like 10k. That way it guarantees no one gets one shotted by it within X seconds of a new color being called. It would also prevent the times when it kills people before they ever get called for a color.
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Or don't change them :/ making the charges more consistent on furnace and push those resist changes through ASAP would make all of the zones enjoyably difficult. Don't make the charges less powerful, just make them more predictable so you can plan for a good time to make the switch.

I didn't even know of the war rune that makes the switch super easy. I had no idea. Buckets of water everywhere rejoice.
  8. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

This is not quite right. The change of squares is always fixed every 18 seconds.

The curse which the partners cured, has a timer of 30 to 40 seconds.
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

This gap of which you speak is often less than a second, I wonder how her because you want to reposition?

Often comes at us for changing the font and in the same second, sometimes comes the focus damage. Can be countered with a bit of precast reducers, but this is limited, as you yourselves know when changing timer of 18 seconds.

In general, the loophole that you speak of just under 2 seconds sometimes is 3 seconds but often less of a second.

But it is what it is, we have not given all the mythical cloaks and mythical shields us the extra features like a 5 tigger stone skin, for magic damage, and the like. To get this item has unfortunately very much to do with luck!
  10. Maergoth Well-Known Member

For anyone who can't understand him, he says it's too luck based because they can't get mythical shields to drop.
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@ Maergoth

I do not mean to drop out of this zone. I know Raenius of earlier and know his gear.

I is easy to say what one can do anything because if one gives, the more equipment capabilities, as other players have it.

To get these items in PoW is now even happiness. If you did not have this one does not also their extra abilities.
  12. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

But it is not really the problem, sometime we have any luck at times pull.

It is now once hard mode, I have no idea if the script really works as it should. Therefore, I have noted where I see problems, which apparently no longer interested in a gear above a certain level.

I think it's just very strange that sometimes when color change appears, meets in the same second, the focus damage. Injury means a focus for me a fail condition, but if you have no time to react, then it is a real fail? Or rather a bug?
  13. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You have between 1 and 3 seconds to move. If the block is too far, click a button. That is all there is to it :/

I will watch people's streams and coach them for 1 krono each. PST.
  14. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Maybe it's so maybe not. Clearly it is a wrong approach if you go to the edge, but unfortunately one often times have no choice because there is just the needed color.
  15. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

You walk assume that it is the same on each server. Maybe there are differences due to lag etc.. We must address the problems well, even if this "Antonia Bayle" and "Splitpaw" Maybe not apply.

How can I play my character I say already. You do not need to insult me ​​with such statements.

Raenius and you have the world at the paladins, the best equipment on all servers. Your statements to others and the right to speak for all of us, are not always fair.

Does not always as you could only play both EQ2. Something upset me.

Use once our equipment, but which is also not bad not so outstanding as yours. And then test how it looks. And then you can also allow you to make a competent judgment!
  16. Dinwiz Active Member

done rune one easy after i betrayed my sk to paladin , only dying to co-op strikes cause im bad

but yeah you got enough stuff to live through unlucky far tile even without myth cloak/shield

still trying to figure out the other 2 zones dont have much time to work on it tbh
  17. Maergoth Well-Known Member

There are things people are clearly not doing, or it wouldn't be a problem. I can't be insulting you, because I don't know you. I can say it shouldn't be a problem, because the block failure is percentage based and CANNOT kill you unless you're doing something else wrong.

Especially as a paladin.

I said I'd watch you and tell you what you're doing wrong, but I'd also be willing to just play your character for you if you want. Just saying. You can blame it on whatever you want, or you can get better and beat it. Neither one affects me in any way.
  18. Clevemo Active Member

I did the antechamber of automaton with monk/warlock and it took some time, but we got it in 7:41. Yet to try the zone with a healer/bard/chanter ... but we'll see. Mage resists suck ...
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

Problem is you know ja** shi** about this game, its mechanics or how to deal with it. You said yourself that you get killed by focus damage but you also claim you could survive if you would have the myth shield with stoneskin.
    Problem is: mythical shield wont absorb focus damage, because its focus.

If you dont bring understanding this game within its basics noone will take you serious, especially me since I just know how clumpsy you are clicking your stuff.

Others have done what you cant do, with equal gear while also being a paladin - so man up or continue failing.
  20. Raenius Well-Known Member

Also: just accept some stuff in the game aint for you - duo zones are most likely a prime example.