Chains of Eternity w/Velious

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by decator666, Nov 14, 2012.

1. decator666 Member

My friend subbed recently and also ordered the standard version of Chains of eternity so that he could get Velious too. When he clicks on /claim there is no Velious tab...I had told him you get some paintings that you can teleport thru to the new Velious lands...Does this not come with the Chains of Eternity/Velious pack? He has no Velious tab so apparently it came with nothing...He didn't have a chance to try to travel to Velious yet as he is very new and still low level but tonight we will see if he can even go to Velious...
  2. Menelag New Member

You no longer need those paintings to travel to Velious, any world travel bell will take you there.
  3. decator666 Member

The paintings are cool and easy to use from your home. It was always reachable from Sinking sands but the paintings should still be something that is included...
  4. napu Member

i bought the collectors edition, chains of eternity, it unlocked velious but gave no claim rewards. I figured it was intentional. The option to upgrade to velious collectors edition has disappeared from the store too though.
  5. decator666 Member

Well it's kind of sad for my friend. I will just hang some of my paintings i'm not using I guess...but really they should give those to everyone.
  6. Snowhaze Active Member

I bought DoV a month or so ago and didn't get any paintings, hearing about this makes me a tad disappointed, that sounds like a really neat/useful/convenient item I'd like to have. I guess with the guild hall and all of its ports, it wouldn't really add much at this point.
  7. Uberfuzzy Member

Check the Housing Leaderboard under Hall of Fame (usually Creative), there are usually a few posted houses on each server full of portal/teleport items.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ya someone needs to look into this. The painting (although I never use them) are nice to have in your house. While your looking Mr. Dev can you make these "Place in any home TYPE" so we can drop em in our guild halls?
  9. Andiria New Member

Our guild leader placed a couple in our guild hall. I have not attempted to use them, so I don't know if they work or not, but they are there.
  10. decator666 Member

It will not let me put the paintings in the guild hall...that was my first thought. Yes thru many of the guilds portals to houses they can be accessed thru my characters housing, but, my friend wants his own paintings...Oh well...some of us a decorators and like lots of decor along with convenient access to areas from our own homes. I don't understand why it wouldn't come with the basics anymore...
  11. Snowhaze Active Member

Actually I stand corrected, I did get the paintings, I just didn't realize you could port with them (because I didn't have any that did anything on mouseover that I ever noticed). Recently I saw a website with the paintings I recognized that said you could port with them.

I just checked when I got home and sure enough when right clicking them, you get an option to stare into them. Note that I bought DoV shortly before CoE was released, so this probably doesn't apply to CoE, would definitely be nice for them to get it too. Pretty excited to have them now as I'm 90 and questing in Velious, will make the daily tradeskill faction thing much easier to get to.