Chains of Eternity - Gear Feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lovidicus, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Lovidicus Active Member

So last night I got my first raid drop from Chains:
    Footwraps of the Forelorn
    187 str, 191 sta
    16 weapon skills
    40% attack speed
    40% damage per sec
    7 block
    10.8 crit bonus
    10.8 potency
    709 Mitigation

Then today my guild-mate found this in a solo instance:
    Gehein Soul-Touched Armwraps
    179 str, 184 sta
    40 Multi Attack
    10.5 Crit bonus
    21% potency
    12% mit increase
    709 Mitigation

Both pieces of gear are basically the same quality, both have the same adornment slots. The only reason they even have different stats is that ones a boot and one is shoulders. But one comes from a solo encounter the other from a raid.

So my question is... WTF? Why are we raiding to get gear that is a TINY upgrade to our Easy Mode sky shrine gear while someone in a solo instance can get an equal piece of gear? Was this another oversight, are you devs really paying such little attention? I thought one or two guys are in charge of putting loot together. They dont talk or something?

I'm so frustrated.

Now just to point this out; the gear from raids in Chains of Eternity are really crappy, they're the same as you get from solo instance. But the other issue here is that it takes nothing to kill the raid mobs. So maybe that was their plan. Make raids super easy and then let them drop solo gear. Our not-so-impressive guild cleared the first raid zone in a single night, flawlessing two names and all within a little over 2 hours.

This content is supposed to last us a year?

Solution:
    Make the raids a challenge. Make the gear better. STOP trying to get us to go to Plane of War. Who the hell wants to do 2 year old raid content. How about you make the new content worth doing.

/end rant

(for a point of reference: the stats on my easy mode sleeper tomb raid shoulders is:
    177 str, 182 sta
    38 MA
    10.4 CB
    20.7 Potency
    12% mit
    699 Mitigation

So basically the SOLO gear from chains is BETTER than the easy mode raid gear from last week and is basically the same as the easy mode raid gear of the same expansion that the solo shoulders drop from.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the fabled armor dropping from solo zones is a bug.

I'm more angry at the fact that the best in slot dps-scout necklace, belt, and bow all come from solo zones. Earring is best in slot too if you weren't able to snag the last avatar's diamond tipped arrowhead, and even that's debatable as it comes down to 6 cb vs 3 potency/830 ability mod/4 ae auto/10 ma.

Also pretty annoyed that the best green adorns (discovered so far, anyway) are crafted adorns, by miles.
  3. Cearra New Member

Thanks for bringing this up, as I had wondered about this as well.

I received a 184 sta/179 str breastplate with blue stats that you would expect to see from raid gear, and both red and yellow adorn slots from a solo zone the other day. At the time, I thought, "alright, I can't wait to see the raid loot if this is solo loot." But considering the fact that PoW is supposed to remain relevant, that just didn't make sense.

Hopefully it is just a bug, but I'm not so sure considering the stats on the cloak that you receive from completing the solo signature quest line. I'm sure that some folks are elated about these drops, and why wouldn't they be? They are very nice items. Ultimately, however, that's really blurring the line between solo/group/raid gear way too much.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

You complain raids are no challenge and not enough content and yet you skip the hardest zone in the game. /boggle

The loot from PoW is still some of the best gear and is much better than those solo zone drops. Something tells me you never cleared PoW. Maybe it is too hard for you so there is no pleasing some people. The problem is not the game. The problem is how you play it. When you have cleared all the content in the game then you can complain about there not being enough.

First of all. that easy mode gear you got was from an easy mode raid boss. My son received that same gear in beta, soloing an easy mode raid boss with his merc. So your easy mode raid is basically harder than the solo instances only in that it is adjusted for a large group of players. There is as much challenge and difficulty in some of the solo instances we have to run to unlock all the solo/heroic and raid instances as you have in your easy mode raiding. Also, many of the solo instance bosses require as much strategy as many of your raid bosses require. So do not belittle those that run the solo instances, as we deserve decent gear from doing them as well. Also, the good solo instance drops are NOT that common. Only the final boss has any chance of dropping loot. And often that loot is a crafting book.

To do a proper comparison, you need to show a comparable hard mode piece of raid gear, compared to to the same type of gear piece that is a drop in solo instances. Also, you need to include how common the raid piece is to drop from a name, and how many pieces of gear drop in your raids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful about complaining too much about stats on solo gear from often very hard solo instances. Rather than raising the stats on your easy mode gear, SoE will likely LOWER the stats on the solo instance gear. And keep in mind that that the gear from those instances will help raiders get geared to run new hard mode raids for better gear.
  6. Lovidicus Active Member

You missed the part about wanting new content to be the relevant content and not something that was released 2 years ago. What is so great about boring PoW that makes SOE keep pointing us towards it. The last expansion's raid gear was supposed to be a step to help raid guilds clear PoW and now ANOTHER expansion and we get the same ****? Why are they releasing new content for the sake of getting raiders into old content once, let alone twice.

Also redwoodtreesprite you make a good point, its one I also made. The difficulty of the easy mode raid gear really isn't any different than the solo gear in many cases. The only difference is that it takes more people to get the gear. So the effort of 24 players and the effort of 1 player are virtually rewarded the same with these new solo drops. When 24 people ban together to supposedly take on some epic monster, I expect not only a challenge but I also expect a reward. It's not my fault SOE made the raids simple. But that's part of what I think is the solution, make raids more challenging and make the rewards worthwhile.

The word challenging though needs to be defined. Because the way that SOE has made raids "challenging" is basically making it so that the MT is either alive or is dead. Press your little buttons at the right time, and stand in the right place and you win. Press a button wrong or stand in the wrong place and you die. These are our strategies. I expect more from a company that's produced so much in it's time. From the creators of 3 of my all-time favorite games (eq1, eq2, and vg) I expect their ability to create new content to grow and expand to keep up with the times. It's like we're driving an old car down a straight highway just to get to an older car and an even straighter highway. After this man expansions I expect a freeway with curves, loops, weather, construction, and some passing lanes.

Is it too much to expect fun challenging raids that reward us for accomplishing them?
  7. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Solo zone ethereals are better than pow gear.
  8. Bolbir Active Member

Yaps seen alot of realy good quality fabled drops from solo zones, chests/legs etc with around the same stats Buffrat had in hes first post here and with the new red adorns on that is better then previous expansion, example - red runes with 4 cb and sweaping swings 8%. This gear should defently not drop in solo zones and especially not with the red runes on them!

Watiing for the kick a.. mythicals to be discovered :rolleyes:
  9. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight, you are really saying that solo instance gear should be the same as raid gear because it might require the same amount of strategy?. No. No no no no. It shouldn't even be close to the same stats. There is no way to defend this, the raid zones are so incredibly easy that the loot dropping from them shouldn't be any better than the skyshrine easymode. For the people asking "then why do we have these easy zones?", that is something you ask SoE. They made this expansion facerollable easy and it seems like they matched the loot to the difficulty. The only solution is actually make CHALLENGING mobs that require more than slamming my forehead on the keyboard to win. That way, they can actually drop good loot. This is NOT an issue where the gear is wayyy underpowered to how the content is tuned, this is more of a content tuning issue all together. If the raid zones stay the way they are now, the loot shouldn't be better than UDx4/STx4 ( both a joke btw ). Which gets me thinking why I even bought 2 of these expansions for both of my accounts. They need to put in Hardmode versions of these zones, not 1-3 mobs in each but the SAME way they did it in DoV1.0. HM versions of the same zone with better drops is what we need. Difficulty even in Easymode needs to be upped.

As for the solo zones, they shouldn't be dropping red slot items, I don't care if its hard for people to do the solo instances, they are there for content, not for people to get raid equivalent gear. The expac is so easy, there really is no need for the solo instances to drop the gear they do now, the zones in CoE are easily doable by someone in SS faction gear. No, you do not deserve "better" gear from running these zones. Especially gear that is almost as good as some of the older/newer raid gear. Before someone posts with "butihavenotimetoplaygimmegimme" The gear that is dropping is NOT needed to progress if all you are doing is solo zones.

TL;DR - Expansion is a joke and zones are incredibly easy, both the group zones, the solo zones and the raid zones. Itemization is a JOKE just like the OP said but, no way to make the gear better when the whole expansion can be cleared within 6 hours. SoE, listen to your players, everyone said this with Skyshrine AND with Sleepers1.0, thinking that with CoE, we'd have challenging zones.
    Lovidicus likes this.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Anyone who says solo zones, no matter how challenging, are as hard as raiding and therefore deserves the same loot is deluded.

So you find it a challenge following that solo script? Try getting 24 people to follow a script at the same time!

Raiding is 24 times harder, and this is coming from a non raider (except the odd pick up raid)
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

how can you link two DIFFERENT slots and expect to be taken seriously?
    come on..
    no one complained about killing the same avatars for 4 years..
    because it was only one guild per server for the most part that knew these encounters like the back of their hand AND they dropped stupid overpowerd gear that made instance content a face roll and in TSO it was almost required to clear anything early on.

this i agree with since tombs is suppose to be EoC early content NOT last expansions gear. thus make the tombs easy mode gear better or nerf solo/instance gear.
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

this is just because it's the first week of the expac.. i'm pretty sure the ethereal stuff will come in line with raid easy mode gear once the expac gets rolling. of course that the solo rare drops are going to get disco first.
  13. Lovidicus Active Member

QFE... This guys knows exactly what I'm saying. If you read my whole post you'll note that my solution is to make raids challenging and increase gear. I'm certainly not suggesting that they just give us better gear, I want a challenge too. I made myself continue playing through SS out of respect for what this game should be and used to be. In hope of them returning to the root of the game they created. Instead things are just continuing down this weird road, getting more weird by blending the line between solo and raid gear.

This is not the game they created all those years ago. I'd really like to know what SOE sees as the future of this game, I dont mean what cool kinds of content they plan on releasing, I mean specifically in regards to whether or not people who want to be challenged should bother playing any longer.

Have they any defense?
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

LOL as soon as I saw the stats on some of the solo stuff I knew this was going to happen.

Everyone won't be happy until its nerfed into dust, so make sure you don't plan any upgrades around it.
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Cmon, most of the new raidcontent, you dont have to follow any script, perhaps you 1-2 peeps had to move, tanks needs to be keepin alive (well, like he used to ;)).
    So i say, as i sayed in ts, the loot on raid is good, compared to the "challenge" to obtain it o_O
    There is one encounter, i do like tho ;) the big fat ape ^^
    I dont even bother, that anyone could get something as high as raid or even higher oO i do it for the content (in the first ^^), after this, i do it for fun, sometimes later on.... i even dont bother, that there is one lucky player, that gets a good armorpart out of solo ^^
    I mean, is it that important to have the longest sword/wand on norrath? :rolleyes:
  16. Lovidicus Active Member

Well thanks for the replies, I know complaining about things wont change anything. I'll just take a break and keep an eye out for updates/a future expansion that moves away from this PoW bull****. I'm sure by this time next year the next expansion wont be so stupidly itemized. I mean it's not realistic to send us back to PoW a second time, certainly a 3rd time is out of the question, right? Oh ya know what maybe EQ3 will be out by then and maybe it wont be such a casual game though I wont get my hopes up.

So who wants my stuff? =)
  17. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Came to this same conclusion after Sleeper's Tomb was released. After eight years, it seems like $OE's doing as little as possible to keep this sinking ship afloat until the fail liner that is EQ Next launches.

Any time I even think about logging back in all I have to do is visit these forums and read posts like this one. Thanks! ;)
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

CoE is indeed a joke the best crap is out of solo zones (why?) I don't care how hard a solo boss is to me it is demeaning to me getting gear by myself that is better than gear I need the help of 23 other people for. Soloer's to you I say faction/Ledgendary gear is your bracket maybe the rare 5% drop fabled piece but it should be nowhere near raid gear. You want raid comparable gear? then raid.

Plane of War is now broken progress wise by these Astral Adornments unless you are killing Avatars which for my guild is hard because many of us can't log on non-raid days so our competing guild gets them. We didn't even get to try the new ones because the spawned on Saturday for our server but hell so is the way of the skill-skewing Avatars (TSO ones skewed progress just as bad as these are). As a tank I learned the whole "stoneskin or die" script back on Supreme Imperium Valdemar (Challenge) with his arcane AE hitting for 300K; cut it out. Give me something new to learn besides just my stoneskins but then again what is there that we haven't seen on 1 boss.
    memwipes... check seen it
    death-touch... check seen it
    memblurrs/swaps... yep
    AE's that hit harder the farther increments you are... not recently but yes
    hard scripted failures based on items... not since TSO (ok a few in drunder)
    environmental scripts that kill people or hinder the raid... DoV is the last i can remember

basically all these are recycled form last expansions. Do you know with skyshrine and CoE I actually miss Symbiotic Aura? Yeah that's right I miss Cooperative Strike because it forced MT and OT to work with each other instead of just letting the MT sit there like a lump stoneskinning all day. Just a short list of some of my favorite fights form SF and up below. I wish I could give feedback on UFD though I hear XYZ sucked.

Toxxulia and Waansu: Both required either careful positions or casting on the part of players not to mention getting eaten was fun. Toxx's nox bubble was new and had a massive movement on it and Waansu was a MT check to hold positoin because of kicks without an easy ledge to wedge under.

Rohen Theer: Who didn't see this DDR boss not coming up the whole script was a blast because we could react to it and pick our fights. Drinal feels like SOE is attempting to try Theer again but gods why the elevator.

Kraytoc Killing frost and Errieen the Broken: As much as I groaned during DoV these fights were interesting and kept the whole raid moving or reacting at all times. This is getting back to that environmental death thing I mentioned.

King Tormax the Ancient and Legatus Prime Mikil/Arch-Magistor Modrfrost: These Kael bosses required multiple members coordinating to keep the raid in power or alive/not stunend Modrfrost reminded me of the Sages from PoRT (another good zone)

I can't honestly think of any fight other than Sevalak of Storms from SS that I genuinely liked as i never got to pull HM Dozekar. Chains of Eternity is still too early for me to judge but every new expansion I find myself missing content I thought I hated.
  19. Arieste Well-Known Member

After soloing the Challenge Mode solo instance boss that drops what is the "lowest raid quality" item, I thought the reward was "just right". Considering how long it takes to do the instance, the difficulty of the challenge mode and the rarity of the drop (most of the time you just get legendary). I thought it was a perfect way to keep those instances somewhat relevant. It would takes MONTHs, if not years for someone to get fully geared from doing that zone. I'm pretty sure the drops only cover a few slots too.

So really, this gear is no threat to raids or raid gear. In a CoE raid, you clear a full zone and get 20-30 pieces of BETTER gear in about the same time it takes to do one of these instances for a "chance" at a fabled drop.

Honestly, this is just about perfect. If anything, make those items fit 1 or 2 slots only and give them some special abilities so that they're an interesting alternative to the raid piece for that slot. Will make a great reward for those that want to invest the time in doing those solo challenges over and over.

If the OP thinks that this is somehow a easier way to get raid-geared, I seriously doubt he's done any amount of raiding in this or any recent expac.
    Tylia likes this.
  20. Kalderon Well-Known Member

In compare of time, it´s like going to the lottery for raiders, if you lucky, something drop and you get it (if no competitors around). The mobs, at least starting mobs, are just waiting for the chest to drop mobs :D.
    If you look back in time, the encounters getting worse from xpac to xpac :eek: to the botton of "tank and spank".