Celestial Spells

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sorcery, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Sorcery New Member

I have a friend wanting to come back and play after a few years away.
    Will there be anyway for them to catch up on celestial spells moving into the next expansion?
  2. HadleysHope Member

With the level cap going from 110 to 120, previous spells will become virtually obsolete. Having said that there are quests for spell packs including one of the things you can buy with CD coins from the merchant.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You don't need Celestial spells unless you are raiding. Heroic content is generally balanced around Expert spells. Of course, we all want the best, shiniest thing, but by design, it's difficult to get all Celestials.

As has been mentioned, the current spell tier will be irrelevant in BoL, as we're going up to level 120.

From what I have heard from Beta, Ascensions are not increasing in level, so there, you might want Celestial versions. So, I'd suggest your friend do what all my alts just did: go harvest to get a bunch of Planar Energy strands, Casiun Root, and Celestial Spellshards or Foundations, then get a crafter to make as high a level spell upgrades as possible, then start researching in order of importance to get Ancients, then do the CD Celestial quest monthly after that.

To get a higher spell quality for an Ascension spell, you have to scribe every level of spell, Journeyman, then Adept, then Expert, then Master, then Grandmaster, then Ancient, and only then can you use the Celestial spell scroll.

Sages in particular (and other scholars in a more limited way) can craft Ascension spell upgrades. In addition to common CD harvests, you will need for each spell:
    • Journeyman requires one Planar Energy
    • Adept requires an Illegible Scroll (Adept) page for that Ascension spell and one Planar Energy
    • Expert requires a Casiun Root and one Planar Energy
    • Master requires an Illegible Scroll (Master) page for that Ascension spell and one Planar Energy
    • Grandmaster requires either a Celestial Spellshard or a Celestial Foundation and one Planar Energy
    • Ancient requires an Illegible Scroll (Ancient) page for that Ascension spell and two Planar Energy
    • Celestial requires an Illegible Scroll (Celestial) page for that Ascension spell and four Planar Energy
    You can often purchase the Adept Illegible Scroll pages cheap on the broker (these can drop in CD solos and Heroics). Master Illegible Scroll pages are also somewhat common on the broker, but are often way expensive (these drop in CD Heroics). Ancient and Celestial Illegible Scroll pages come from KA, PoP, and CD raids, and I dunno if they can even go on teh broker, but I'd expect the cost to be VERY high indeed.
    Breanna and Blazen like this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Or you can apply the magical plastic card of momentum and level up that way.
    Mattyhack and Sigrdrifa like this.