Celestial Rune: Warlord's Puissance summer event

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

A friend and I pretty much Duo'd for our guk rune and it took about 2.5 weeks to complete it (my bane was actually a no-trade shiny in the easiest of the zones). We did get a 3rd or 4th for frenzy sometimes and they were happy to come for shinies.
    Right now people are logging in, running the experts and hitting alts or logging off because of lack of things to do, Even raid guilds have cut their schedules, waiting for something to do...
    So why not go blow up Guk? :D

No tank ever came, it was a wizard that was the other half of this duo.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

You didn't use the exact word "Bad", but your words meant the same thing. And regardless of whether or not they add the rune as a reward for the Summer event your hostility towards other players is inexcusable.

All the OP asked was to have an old reward added to a new objective and you act like they are trying going to strip all of your toons bare.
    Obano and Conifur like this.
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

You are making assumptions, no Bueno. If you want the item, do the colllection. It’s. Not. Hard. To. Do.
    Scrappyz, Breanna, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  4. Clintsat Well-Known Member

There are other blue runes that one can use and they are available from easy content.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

These are usually the people who say "that zone is easily soloable or duo'able". It would be a lot more helpful if said people could say "that zone is easy with (see above stats)" ^^^ Real question would be, could a new person even hope to accomplish getting the rune without the max stats. In fact, the people with the above stats need not reply. LOL :p
    Dude likes this.
  6. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

like?
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

There will probably be a rune "reset" with the next expansion. When the level cap goes up the rune slots change color so you won't be able to use the old runes on level 120 gear.
  8. Zule Member

This rune is no longer a reward for any effort - most people bought it on IoR, cheap enough.

This is because the rune can be transfered in BULK to IoR, despite being LORE. And its cheap to buy for those that unlocked it.

That said, I'd recommend this:
    - add the 25 fervor Warlord Rune to Panda.
    - make a 35 fervor version, NO-TRADE, for those that actually unlocked it.
    - change rune colors next xpac.
    lol

ps. the rune was indeed a special reward. I think on Maj'Dul only 2 people got it before CD xpac launch. Even players who think they are so awesome and ****** out, they eventually got it from IoR.
  9. morderir Active Member

by the way i wish you good luck soloing or duo the frenzied version ..... they were a little "buffed up" some time ago . (another undocumented change)
  10. Clintsat Well-Known Member

There is the fervor rune for completing the heroics, the blue rune for completing the library quests and the blue rune for flawless/shorthanded fire raid zone.

At this point, the fire raid zone t2s only require heroic gear and are probably pugable.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You have no idea how big of an upgrade the rune is compared to every other rune apparently.
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Oh, it is a big upgrade but it isn't the only one available and the base of it was already given for free.

I find it disappointing that folks can't find the energy to work for it. It takes a couple of weeks if you dedicate some time and play with a friend. Part of the fun of games like this is working hard and getting great items that increase your power.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

On thing i do not understand: Why is it still possible to buy the blue runes on IoR?

Even the 80 Fervor/20 Fervor overcap can be bought for some million platins (mounted on a weapon)...

After a Deep breath I guess the reason is Daybreak gets a lot of DBC for the transfer back of these items ;)
  14. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well said, couldn't agree more.
  15. Obano Well-Known Member

Yay for having to run old content when the new expansion hits. As Zeddicious said new and returning players will be 150 fervor behind when the new expack drops.

I would also place the power raider buff in the same category. All this legacy content needs to sunset when the level cap goes up. Like all those old purple runes. This stuff needs to just GO AWAY! People need a fresh start on a level playing field.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

So everything you work for with every bit of a prestige aspect should be nullified because you want a fair playing field? News flash no such thing as a level playing field. Level Increase is as close as it gets. You already got the free puissance rune with kael. No more tears
  17. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

i understand where your coming from Rev. But i think it's more or less a case of, the people who worked hard to get the stuff earned it and got to use it when it was new and relevant. Now that there's new content coming out it wont be as coveted an item, so let it be more easily obtained. Kind of like getting the items from the premium edition of last expac at the last minute....it was awsome to start with but now it's kind of an afterthought for those who couldn't get it in the beginning when it was most useful.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

Er, there's a new version on the Kael merchant with 35 fervor and some potency and stuff. It's 2 million status and some plat. No pre-reqs, just go buy it.
  19. Vellox_EQ2 Member

I seldom post but this whinie thread got me .....

I wonder how many of the whinier's here actually did the work to get the rune?

I did and the satisfaction after completing it was VERY worthwhile

I like many have spent years getting "good" at this game

Getting another piece of free loot ain't gonna make a (insert expletive of choice) player better it will just move them to the next "I want that that too" moment ...

The rune didn't make anyone better at this, the time invested learning the game did ..... just sayin.....
    Breanna likes this.