Celestial motes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by GrouchyMouse, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I never said "only", in fact I said there were options and listed them. Sorry if that's not enough to appease you, but you're not gonna craft your way into best in slot. As for thinking that YOU think raid-quality loot should go to non-raiders, I think that's a fair assessment to make from your complaints about elitism and catering to raiders. If not then feel free to clarify.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

So your saying it doesn't matter, but you want it to matter? If its such a minor upgrade then why is it such a big deal that there aren't enough motes to flood the server with arrows?

For a while I was with the crowd that thought the potion recipes needed to be adjusted. After all this argument over... what? Next to nothing? I seriously think is a waste of time to touch this content again. We'll deal with it the way it is, and Dev don't do the same thing the next time similar content gets introduced. I think we'll all live with that.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a middle ground between 'flooding the server' and 'not enough to even gear out the raid force that earns the motes'. Most people here are asking for close to 'gear out the raid force that earns them' not 'flood the server'.
    Alenna likes this.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Grats on knocking down all those straw men, but the proper response to arguments of that form is ridicule, so I stand by my :rolleyes:.

(One man's "fair assessment" is another's "pulling things out of his hat." Logically, I am unable to "clarify" the words you've put in my mouth.)
  5. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Because it makes ocd min/maxers annoyed. That's all it does to restrict it like this. I don't even care for myself. I have the means to get myself covered with all I need. The rates just don't make sense.
  6. Mogrim Well-Known Member

This still needs to be looked at.
    Kuulei likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I agree, the quantities are just not right. The only thing we are currently using them for is to make arrows and to try and save a few motes to make extra arrows, I am making them one combine at a time in hopes of getting a proc rather than mass production :eek:
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Really the food and potion outputs should be 10x higher than they are right now. Ammo outputs should be about 5x higher.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Ahem - Maybe 5x higher on all 3 would be fine - won't let me edit that post
  10. Coriel Active Member

Especially the cost to make potions (5 motes make 1 potion) are unproportional.
    Either make the potions a LOT better (improve stats or improve stats and duration) or reduce the mote cost per combine.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If you're using Mozilla Firefox it currently has a bug with editing posts. A workaround is to right click Edit and open in a new tab, that will give you the proper edit window.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

From previous topic on it. Couldn't be bothered retyping it.
    Avianna, brokenshieldd and Twyxx like this.
  13. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Please fix this? :-/
  14. Avianna Well-Known Member

any word yet on if there is a fix for this coming soon? seriously not enough motes to support a raid even killing the avatars to get more motes.
  15. Caith Developer

There are no current plans to change either the drop rate (amount) of Celestial Motes. Celestial Motes are intended to be a limited quantity item that is used situationally as needed, they are not intended to be used as the new baseline for raid consumables.

That being said I'll take a look at the combine rates of some of the items, most notably potions, to make sure they are where we want them.
  16. scousetroub Active Member

Why are pots even on there when they where removed from the Horns in SS for this very reason ?
    Alenna likes this.
  17. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Something really needs to be looked at. The sheer fact that if you were to make solely potions out of the motes, you don't even get enough for 1 member of every person required to even spawn the mob.
    Arrows are far too low, 5k per kill if you ignore everything, would barely last a ranger, let alone 4 bards + Other scouts/Tanks.
    Food/Drink is possibly about right if there wasn't the other items to contend with. Could be remedied by doubling the duration of the food/drink really.
  18. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I'd rather see them double the output of food/drink produced than double the duration. Allows a little more flexibility when using the food/drink
  19. Avianna Well-Known Member

That's fine as far as limited/situationally but the way they stand it does not even outfit a raid with stuff to go get more, so it is a losing battle to begin with.
  20. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Are you planning on introducing all new food/drink/potion/ammo with the coming expansion or are celestial consumables intended to be the best in slot going forward? If it's a temporary thing to incent arena or something then I'll just forget about it and just ride out the next couple months.

If these are going to be the top consumables and will remain limited thru the expansion release then your "baseline" raid consumables will still be from Skyshrine where the mats come from zones that fewer and fewer people are running. The price for the 2nd best ammo (dragon bone arrows) is now 373 plat per combine. Mats for the 3rd best (spirit-blessed) drop from DoV1 zones. If 4th best (rhenium) is intended to be baseline that's a handcrafted item from April of 2012.

Restricting small upgrades like this so we have to "manage" them doesn't add any challenge or fun to the game. It just adds inconvenience. Adding inconvenience seems like a bad idea for a game.
    Alenna, Prrasha, Neiloch and 4 others like this.