CB Reforge removal from armor

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bentenn, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

So this has been broken for years.. we all know it.. yet you choose now after release and everyone finds out about the new race has a Quest line that gives you a 1300 CB merc, to remove it. Now everyone can buy this foolish looking race.. get their merc, race change back.. more money, and keep the extra CB.. well played... LAG can not be fixed, but you can "FIX" things that have been broken all of a sudden...
    Observing likes this.
  2. Generic Newb New Member

I wrote my thoughts on this in the development disaster thread. The main issue I have with this change is how it suddenly and dramatically devalues the collectors edition we all paid big bucks for. Without any other means to make up the short fall in crit bonus, we have this vast amount of overcap that we'll never be able to use. And that familiar really was the main selling point.

The merc may also be useless as, as said above, you'll have to look at a crit bonus option, the only one in RoS being the Vah Shir racial one, which means race change ($$). And the mount is useless due to the frequency of the raid mount drops, which are literally every other mob, maybe even 2/3.

So yeah, thank you for your money, now wait whilst we make all your new goodies worthless.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Its OK.. SNAFU.. The bugs plugged with Cb to armor/weapons, beastlord pumping to clear heroic in record speed and raid quest updates have all been fixed, whether reported or not in beta, in time for the raiders to maintain their progress and control on game. Does not effect those who have taken advantage of it to get ahead. Under current policy they remain immune where in the past using a bug to your advantage was a often a ban-able offense. Status Quo from BOL to RoS expansion.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

this is in the same vein as the food bug that was plugged. widespread stuff like this usually come with an unspoken amnesty, but as with the food bug kander said publicly on these forums that after a certain date (which is now way in the past) anyone doing the food bug would be taken action against

i assume (yes i know, dangerous) that it will be the same in this instance
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Lol, what?
  6. Gelenor Well-Known Member

You report the CB bug in Beta or using it now and keeping your stats anon?
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

the bug was reported years ago, as in multiple expansions and Caith laughed about it and questioned why anybody would complain about bonus stats. as to my character, i keep that private for another reason. I openly linked the gear and reforges in discord as you clearly saw.
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Raid quest updates have not been fixed.. Broken again, just saying. Bugs used to create millions of plat in the past has been dealt with. Bugs that allowed the bypassing of mobs or easily beating mobs, does nothing to get ahead. Why because you still need to learn the script once implemented correctly and I've seen it slow people down. The bugs for CB has been there for years now and if you never used it personally, then good on you. Honestly at one point, I just assumed they meant it to be. /shrug.
    Removing reforging was way over the top. Recovery to fix lag.. laughable.. He (the one person making these decisions, we all know who) should just come out and say he wants reforging removed as it probably wasn't his idea when it was brought into the game and more than likely pushed upon him as the dev team was a bit bigger then.
  9. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The difference is.. they did not now how to remove the food/drink bug so just made food/drink autoconsume till they came up with a solution. They think they have it figured out and now have made a blanket statement about bans. This CB reforge bug cannot be fixed and they are simply removing from the game lol. They should just remove reforging at this point because @Caith, reforging is completely worthless now. You can't even reforge some items as it is, so just make it go away or bring it back, but get it out of limbo
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

yep i think reforging is going the way of the dodo

they fixed the food bug by not having the solo buff being a thing you could cancel and re-cast.
  11. Generic Newb New Member

That didn't... actually... fix it. What "fixed" it, was threatening to ban everyone who continued to outsmart them and bypass their "fix".
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

well it fixed it for most people, i dont know of a way to do it and if i knew i would /bug it