Caves - Elements of a Ritual currently bugged

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Lortet, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

I am an alt-o-holic, and have done this quest over 20 times over the years. I am aware of the idiosyncrasies of the drawing ray, but at the moment it is bugged.
    After killing the River Behemoth you are required to target the remains (a rock like structure that disappears after about 30 seconds) and activate the drawing ray. At the moment, all this does is put up an error message "Not a friend". The ray activates if you target yourself, or even a not yet dead River Behemoth - with no results other than the animation.
    While browsing various sites to see any reports of this, several other players appeared and had the same issues.
    Deleted, restarted the quest, no change.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Yup, I sent in a bug report on this just the other night.
    Exactly the same things happened to me.
    The only thing I can add is this is the first time I've tried to do the quest since quest baubles were added to the active journal. Perhaps some change with that cause this malfunction?
  3. ARCHIVED-Gealaen_Gaiamancer Guest

Oh, the devs will have fun testing this one. I just did this quest, after the quest baubles change but before GU64, and it worked. I remember having a spot of trouble at first, but was able to make it work. I'm afraid I can't remember exactly what I did, but it may have just been to zoom in view and click the bauble. (Either way, it'll be fun to duplicate the issue.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

This ocurred due to an error in the way our new quest icon system works. I've corrected it and you should be able to advance the quest after the next hotfix (not tomorrow's).
  5. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

I've never used the drawing ray. I have always right clicked the rock and selected ''collect' or whatever the option was. Just did it last weekend on another alt.