Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams, removal consideration

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Faev, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

I actually don’t mind it for the most part. I usually do it on my channeler though. In my view it’s easy to do with your ranged weapon. You can kill the scream things quick and I don’t use a merc, just see the text and go. I can understand the frustration, but some people like it /shrug
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

To add, if they took it out of the weekly though it would not bother me. It is a little bit much.
  3. Ayodi Active Member

There is no apologizing for a drunk driver. Suite of Screams is a prime example of Developer Malpractice in EQ2.
    The zone is a dumpster fire of bad judgment with no redeeming value.

-Ayodi
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I mean, what are you looking for? A zone where you set your merc to attack and it falls over, or you send your pet if your a pet class, or you just stand there and autoattack it to death. Most of the zones are annoying and or has no fun in them. It’s cool the first time, but that’s it. Every single zone has one encounter, maybe more, that is just annoying and unfun.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Developer Malpractice?

I realize people hate the zone, but that’s a bit much. Just because one doesn’t like a zone it doesn’t mean the developers abused their power.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Jalathan Active Member

Honestly, I don't mind some 'scripts', but the fail conditions on the scripts in that zone are egregious for a solo (especially low dps solo), but the screaming and the blurry screen ont he first one (gives me headaches), having to find the right bookshelf (out of 20 without act, because other than raiding, I don't use it, plus I don't even want my headset on in that zone to listen to act) is just not fun... crazy scripts does not equal fun... having to run the same stupid zones over and over hoping for the one good drop (or to farm for coins) is also not fun... I miss the old contested dungeons (like SH, SoS, etc) where it wasn't just rinse, repeat 1000 times
    Doobius40504, Ayodi and tasnee like this.
  7. Ayodi Active Member

Tasnee, your response, motive, and tactic has already been addressed in this thread. Asked & answered.
    -Ayodi
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

Eh? Motive?

I just don't see why you used the words Developer Malpractice. This isn't Law and Order, and no one HAS to play this game. I admit, they do a lot of crap I don't like, and yet still, I am here. I have a problem, I realized this long ago when I kept coming back time and again. But it's still my choice to play.
  9. Ayodi Active Member

You like law? Not fore warned, and playing at DBG set levels DBG standard audio presets - like everyone gets - display the actor portrayed noises in SoS read at 90 decibels for me on my rig. OSHA standards in the US require hearing protection for higher than 80. Thus the SoS mistake may be actionable if repeated tests confirm. Cast aside the content, and focus on the wrong! It's too dang loud for me! And yes, hindsight kings & queens will say " Like...... just turn it down..." That is no help for peeps the first time through.

-The Ayodi
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

Except the game presets don't force your windows sound levels, so you can't put it on them entirely. If everything else was whisper quiet and the screams were.. well, screams.. then you'd have a potential for actionable complaints, but you have full control over the volume at all times.
    Twyla and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

This. If it’s too loud then open options and mute it. Personally, I don’t play with the sound on because it gets old listening to the same sounds after a while. If you don’t like the sound, the option to turn it off is there. It’s magic.
  12. Ayodi Active Member

Nope. Ambient noise levels do not mitigate the 80 decibel guideline. "Whisper quiet" is non-sense. Yes you do have full control IF YOU KNOW to change the standard setting ahead of time. (See my comment about Hindsight kings & queens pls). The point still stands. First time through without fore warning, standard sound as provided is too loud, and at the very least DBG should consider reducing the, screams volume. - just like they have with those very same screams in Den, at 8 decibels :) You see my friends, Devs do learn. . . .

-The Ayodi
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Tyger Member

Once I downloaded the ACT triggers, it was night and day difference. Tear through it now.
    Doobius40504 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. The-Plethora Active Member

I'm no fan of this zone but nobody should have to download a 3rd party utility to help them win at a game, that goes for raids too.
    Riverbear and Twyla like this.
  15. Riverbear Active Member

^^^ Exactly.
    Twyla likes this.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

You don't have to. The third party utility makes it easier, but the only reason you would HAVE to use it is if you're not capable of doing it the normal way yourself.

The requirement to know a modicum of information about the game lore is hardly game breaking, and while I can certainly understand the frustration, coming back at the people who provide simple ways for you to deal with it without having to actually learn anything is just impolite at best.

You can accept the helpful options they've given, or you can deal with the fact that you don't like the zone, but complaining that those options to make it easier for YOU are 'required' is just silly - It's entirely doable without them, or else those of us who put together the information that was used to make those '3rd party utility' updates to run it wouldn't have been able to do it either. It's not like you have to guess what bookshelf based on the appearance of the thrall.
    Aethos likes this.
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I was expecting to finish the VoV Weekly with this last mission.
    I am glad I researched this mission first,
    for now this mission is added to the other (purposefully?) ignoble aspects of Norrath,
    which *I* refuse to participate in.
    ever.

There was a very important detail of the mission that was (purposefully?) omitted:
    bottle "of ALCOHOL"

THIS is such a pathetic aspect,
    that soooo many just blithely disregard,
    presumptuously expecting that everyone,
    like they are,
    is ADDICTED to Sugar,
    and therefore sees no problem with POISONING ones self or going out of their way to poison others.:mad:

*I* refuse to consume ANY form of alcohol,
    in Real Life, as well as in Virtual Life.

Oh, and DEVs?
    As a suggestion, consider holding yourselves to Higher Standards,
    instead of pandering to the depraved for a quick buck.
    Aethos and Aterskia like this.
  18. vlada Active Member

lol what?
  19. docdante Member

The zone is a pain in the a** , screaming and its easy to die...but its not that hard...
    can run this zone with a solo geared zerker, and this is not a high dps class, ignoring nearly everything...
    first room, kill everything, be a little careful, hit the named... , drink alcohol, hit, wait, drink done. second room aoe everything, look what the nameds is saying, run to the bookcases, click, hit, repeat, done...
    boss: ignore everything, prepull prepare, talk to the named, buff what ever helps your dps, kill the named before script starts..done. with my inqui i have to follow the scripts and i guess very low dps classes can have troubles in that zone when not following the scripts...but for me, the zone is nice..a little bit psychotic:)
  20. Caith Developer

There are people that take that same stance with virtual violence, and while I salute you for sticking to your personal code, it is just that, a personal code. Not every aspect of a game can be aimed at every person's specific creed.
    Aethos, Breanna, Sigrdrifa and 3 others like this.