Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams, removal consideration

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Faev, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Bramdar Active Member

As well as asking in chat for someone to duo, you could try a different merc as well (maybe Daharth the SK from RoS.) I don't use mercenaries very often, but that bit of merc DPS minus the curing issue might help.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cite the sources which provide you with these numbers. Oh wait, you can't. Because you made it up.

People are not following the script and as a result have problems with it is all. If you can't manage on your own, ask someone to duo it with you.
    Rattophaxe, Priority and Twyla like this.
  3. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Well I found it quite interesting when I first did it and the screams yes were annoying and still are but after the 3rd or 4th time I went out and got ACT triggers and now the zone is just a 10 minute pushover with game sounds muted for this one zone lol.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Chrol Developer

Hey, the races are in alphabetical order. Waddaya know?!
    Dude, Breanna, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

LOL never noticed that, nice one.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Flatline Well-Known Member

The map going .. "Human", "Kerra", "Iksar" :cool: is sort of funny though.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Chrol Developer

Yeah there was an extra bookcase added late, so slid kerra into that spot, hehe.
    Rattophaxe, Breanna and Bludd like this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Once you get used to it, the zone is actually one of the easiest to do. ACT triggers help immensely with the second named. As for the screams, you can turn them down from Options>Sound>Interface Sound Volume. However, it will also turn down other things like the sound of your coin clinking, etc.

You say the scripts are confusing. So here is a basic run-down:

1st named: (Solo) Drink a bottle off the table at the start of the fight. Periodically, your vision (screen) will clear, and you should drink another immediately. He'll attempt to drain your life-force, and if you haven't downed a drink, will succeed. I find this fight is easier to stay pre-drunk. (Heroic) Add in the strat of keep moving to avoid a memwipe on top of staying drunk. Cure all detriments.

2nd named: (Solo) Calls minions of a particular race to her. There is a line in chat, and ACT triggers could be shared to you from anyone that has them. Click the bookcase of the hometown of the race that's called.
    (Heroic) In addition to the first script, there will be an incurable curse that lands on someone, that a tank should cast an intercept on that person.
    Races/Hometowns are as follows:
    • Barbarians - Halas Horrors.
    • Dark Elves - Neriak Nightmares.
    • Dwarves - Kaladim Killings.
    • Erudites - Paineel Purgings.
    • Fae - Faydark Frights.
    • Froglok - Guktan Graves.
    • Gnomes - Ak'anon Atrocities.
    • Halflings - Rivervale Remonstrances.
    • High Elves - Felwithe Fears.
    • Humans - Qeynos Quarries.
    • Iksar - Cabilis Curses.
    • Kerrans - Kerra Isle Hostiles.
    • Ogres - Oggok Ordeals.
    • Ratongas - Underfoot Unsavories.
    • Sarnaks - Gorowyn Grievances.
    • Trolls - Innothule Inedibles.
    • Vah Shir - Shar Vhal Sacrifices.
    • Wood Elves - Kelethin Cacophony.
    3rd Named: (Solo) She has 4 circles around her. You will need to examine your chat and detriment to figure out where to go. IMO it's best do to this by yourself if you can heal, or with a friend, as the merc will cure too soon. You should match the detriment to the race and get into the middle of the circle to cure the detriment.
    Kampor = Centaurs. Karuupa = Pygmies. Mahngavi = Witches. Svarni = Kyvs.
    If you can kill the named quickly, ignore the detriment and just blow it up. If you cannot, there is another piece of script. She will spawn an add that will come from the wall above the entrance to the room. You must kill the add before it gets to the Cerberus dog and awakens it. If the dog awakens, just evac or die and start over. It's a script fail.
    (Heroic) Same thing. Wait until the player is in the appropriate circle to cure the curse from them. Add in an emote that she will call in chat for an interrupt, and there will be a noxious that shapeshifts the player into a mob. And the add must be killed before it reaches the dog.

And that's the whole zone.

ACT triggers for second named:
    <Trigger R="precious barbarians" SD="Click Halas Horrors.. South Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious dark elves" SD="Click Neriak Nightmares.. South Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious dwarves" SD="Click Kaladim Killings.. South Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious erudites" SD="Click Paineel Purgings..West Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious fae" SD="Click Faydark Frightss.. West Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious frogloks" SD="Click Guktan Graves.. West Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious gnomes" SD="Click Ak&apos;anon Atrocities.. West Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious halflings" SD="Click Rivervale Remonstrances.. Westt Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious high elves" SD="Click Felwithe Fears.. West Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious humans" SD="Click Qeynos Quarries.. North Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious iksar" SD="Click Cabilis Curses.. Northt Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious kerrans" SD="Click Kerra Isle Hostiles.. North Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious ogres" SD="Click Oggok Ordeals.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious ratongas" SD="Click Underfoot Unsavories.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious sarnaks" SD="Click Gorowyn Grievances.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious trolls" SD="Click Innothule Inedibles.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious vah shir" SD="Click Shar Vahl Sacrifices.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    <Trigger R="precious wood elves" SD="Click Kaelethin Cacophony.. East Wall" ST="3" CR="F" C="Castle Vacrul: Suite of Screams [Solo]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
    Jinksie likes this.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

Also, on the final named, I noticed that for the group of the appropriate race to run into for curing the detriment, the circle is screaming and emoting vigorously (as the chat says they are doing). I just use that visual now to run to the right group instead of trying to watch chat and then which race goes with which zone and where they are.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  10. Riverbear Active Member

Redacted. Enjoy:)
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

This should never be removed from T2 weekly rotation, as a matter of fact they should make this and perch as a weekly every time so we can escape the awful, mindnumbingly tedious chore of a grind as quickly as possible every week. I think I have seen a couple of times where you have 3 weekly zones and two of them are Suite and Perch and that puts a smile on my face not because I enjoy the zones its because I know I can do both zones in 15 minutes and then log out again.

I don't even have sound enabled for any zone so that clearly should not be an issue for anyone.

The scripts of this zone are fine, have someone share ACT triggers with you to keeps simple if you cannot read NPC text and/or have an aversion to finding your detriment window.

First named: Read NPC text on whose name is called and that person needs to click bottle and stay drunk until the mob has cast its ability. Some people stay drunk throughout the fight because they are lazy and cannot pace themselves but either way its straight forward.

Second named - you can do this w/o trigger call outs. If you done this zone enough on solo you would know which bookshelf to click. Have the tank keep an eye out on the player who gets the curse to intercept them so that is easy enough.

Third named - triggers makes things easier if your group is directionally challenged. There are 4 groups of NPCs in the room, someone gets a dot on them, that person needs to run and stand in the circle of NPCs before curing. One-eyed add pops at the back of room, kill it before it reaches the dog and have the tank interrupt the named's ability called "meal" something so it does not heal.

I just find it amazing for people to find gripes of this nature when there is plenty bad in the game that has needed attention for over 10 years.
  12. Faev New Member

I shouldn't have to turn to the community to get an external app's settings (ACT) to make the fight do-able. This instance should be moved to the back of the closet, where we can forget about it if we so choose.

Make it like throne of ydal, where it is a standalone quest.
    Twyla and Riverbear like this.
  13. Bramdar Active Member

These fights are absolutely doable without ACT - I don't use it at all, myself. I will admit that the screaming and repeated deaths only increased my frustration initially (don't ask my guildmates about what I'd post in chat while I was trying to learn the zone,) but it got much easier once I slowed down.

For the second named, fight her near the bookcase marked "Null" in the map image shared in this thread. This gives you more time to identify the race of the adds, and to make it to the correct bookcase. AS SOON as the Null bookcase opens, stop all damage and just focus on healing and identifying the adds. Expect this to happen 4 or 5 times during the fight no matter what you do.

If you don't want to use ACT, and identifying the adds visually is a challenge, then make a hotkey with a 2 step macro: step 1, '/target <MOB>', step 2, '/say %R'. I don't remember the add names off the top of my head, but worst case, you can try the fight once to confirm the names. This will allow your character to speak the race of the targeted add. The sooner you know the race of the adds, the more time you have to get to the bookcases. I'll admit, I didn't even notice the (mostly) alphabetical order of the bookcases until Chrol pointed it out.

As soon as you've clicked the correct bookcase, the adds die. Drag the named back to near the Null bookcase, and damage her until the bookcase opens again.

The issue with mercenary curing and the third named is something I'm not sure how to fix, but I'm used to self curing using potions, and now that I've run the instances enough to get several upgrades, all of my characters can finish the fight with her with 1 add and 1 cure. It's the fastest of the 3 named now.
    Riverbear likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You don't have to have ACT, ACT just makes it easy. Pay attention to the chat text and you can do it without using ACT at all.
  15. girney Active Member

i have never seen my inquisitor merc cure any detriments in this zone. only way i could cure them was stepping into the correct circle. this zone is much easier for me now that my dps has increased and i spend less time getting detriments to cure as the add goes down quickly and the named takes less time also
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They're talking about the solo version.

Yup.
  17. Faev New Member

Hopefully they get the feedback not to pull this crap again, next xpac.
    Triggers with a group are cool, and if that's your thing solo I'm fine with there being an option for you to do those kinds of fights. But I'm not familiar with the races on sight and that whole level is not setup to be fun. Kudos to the few that enjoy it.
    Twyla and Riverbear like this.
  18. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I think it would be better if we could pick the dungeons we want to play for the weekly. Currently it switches between Dreamwalk Empire Part One and Two. I enjoy Part Two quite a bit. I can't stand Part One because of the last boss. Part One is up this week. Will try it without using a merc and use potions for cures to see if that help.

It would be cool if you could just play any five of these dungeons. No repeats for that week. That way the player can pick which ones they want to run. If you hate Screams just skip it. If you love it then play it. As it is now I don't like Screams but I'm forced to play it if I want to complete the weekly. Give the players a choice. This would help with the issues and complaints.
    Ayodi, Albanara, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  19. Mowse Well-Known Member

My 2c . . . Zone is too convoluted… the idea I am needing to print out a map or cheat sheet is insane … and I am doing it… but no more. Watch for flying objects while tracking mobs chat with light flashing is too much for my old brain. Zooming in on display cases trying to find a red head while watching my health and keeping mobs killed… so much fun. It seems to me I should be able to play without 3rd party app or trying to come up with macros on hotbars that are already full. I realize that there needs to be some challenging mechanics for these zones… but whoever designed these went a bit overboard… so for now trying to find something else to do within game is my task.
    Riverbear and Twyla like this.
  20. Jalathan Active Member

Actually, I know, follow and understand the script and I still hate the zone. It is annoying and completely unfun.
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.