castle hamelet and nettville not accessible & broker

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Jun 8, 2017.

1. juliette06 Member

in 2005 i could access in netteville or castle hamelett ! not anymore : a guard in front of the door tells me to go away?why these places are not accessible???
    an other question why roots we can get from the loping plain are sold 30 gold each in the broker????
    it is like a cup of cofe at 25 euros!just not understandable ???
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Qeynos and Freeport were rearranged many years ago, now you have to be on a quest to get to some of the suburbs.

Inflation!
    People doing high level quests and raids have a LOT of money, 30 Gold is nothing there are shinies selling for thousands of Plat and rare armor selling for millions of Plat.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

30 gold for roots on the broker because there are people who'll pay that much /shrug.

Best to just harvest them yourself than try to buy crafting raws on the broker unless you are rolling in money. I mean I sell off what I consider junk harvests (stuff we have 99999 in both guild depot & personal depot) for a few gold each. i don't know who's buying, but I'm willing to sell.
    AccidentProne37 likes this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

If you are looking for your house that was in a suburb, these were all moved to inn rooms. You can use the housing interface to find it.

Prices on the broker are geared to people who have been playing a long time and have a lot of coin. Best thing to do is find a good guild and join. Then you will have access to harvested materials for crafting and usually guildmates will furnish you with reasonably priced armor and such (usually just the price of the fuel if they use guild supplies to craft).
  5. Ryuken Active Member

If you are on Maj'dul i can send you a bunch of roots free if needed.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since you mentioned Qeynos districts, you'll find your rooms at the Lion's Mane Inn in (what used to be) South Qeynos:
    [IMG]

Both Freeport and Qeynos were revamped a while back, adding some new questlines. The old suburbs are now used for the new quests. The City of Qeynos Timeline is detailed at EQ2i.