casting order

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-wepowx, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-wepowx Guest

wondering what some of you do as far as a casting order to max dps.is there really a prefrence for better dps?like i start with the defence debuff and the dot we get then i keep my stuns next to each other and finally the rest are in order according to the damage they do.
  2. ARCHIVED-sensie Guest

It all depends, for DPS purposes I always use my hardest hitting CA's first, in hopes that by the time my rotation is done, that they are reuseable. It doesn't always work out that way in longer fights, but if it is a shorter fights it does.
    If I am soloing, I try to spread out my stuns, stifles, knockdowns etc..., I have a CA or two inbetween each stun stifle etc...
    I have no specific order as far as tanking goes, how ever I use by biggest CA's first and always as dps = threat.
  3. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

If you're using Combination I find it's helpful to arrange your CA's in a 4x3 grid with Punchs, Jabs, and Kicks all in the same line, with the fastest recycling CA's on top, then the hardest hitting ones below that. That way it's easy to see when a Combination can be executed, and you'll flow naturally into using it as much as possible.
    Monks have so darn many CA's to use that by the time you've executed all of them your two fastest recycling CA's will have recycled twice, so I always try to hit them first when I'm DPSing in order to get more out of them. If you're tanking, you want to hit with your strongest attacks up front so you can grab as much aggro as possible while you wait for Dragon Stance/Undeniable Malice/etc. to proc and get you in complete aggro locked control of your target.