"Castaway" quest - cannot progress. help!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Barbanoob, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Barbanoob New Member

So I got this quest (which is the one after shipwrecked). I'm suppose to take a message in a bottle, which was suppose to be something I had in my house after Shipwrecked. The problem is, I don't have this bottle/message and no clue where it went. I've searched my house and did an item search in my house and could not find it. I have no clue how to progress in the quest without the bottle. Any suggestions?
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

have you checked storage?
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Try your mail I think it gets mailed to you. If not there check with the guy in Mara (I think his name is Jerol) he can give you missing mailm
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Matik Member

You can also buy it from the shady swashbuckler on Nek Forest docks
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Have you checked all of your houses? You must have placed it somewhere originally if you managed to access the zone for the first quest.
  6. Barbanoob New Member

it's quite possible I destroyed it after the first quest, not knowing it was going to be needed after ;p
  7. Barbanoob New Member

hmm I think I'll try this one. it is possible I accidentally destroyed (or sold it). not sure.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Barbanoob New Member

The mail associated with the quest has the item area empty.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Barbanoob New Member

no idea how to do this. When I go to my house, I do the /house and look through the items. Is this what you were referring to?
    Ra'Gruzgob likes this.
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

i meaned bank. one person had same situation - in end he found bottle in his storage of bank..
    Barbanoob likes this.
  11. Matik Member

12. Barbanoob New Member

I think I did check the bank. But I will doublecheck. Thanks for the tip!
    Ra'Gruzgob likes this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you type "/finditem message" that will search your bags, bank, shared bank and house vault for that character in one hit. The only things it can't check are placed items in houses so you have to do those the hard way.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

duplicate - server is upset again :(
  15. Ephras Active Member

Barbanoob, Matik is right. The Shady Swashbuckler XVIII on the docks in Nektulos Forest at ( 806, 6, -95 ) has the "Message in a Bottle" item for sale at 0c for me. Go check it out. Maybe you can buy it too.
    Breanna likes this.