Can't train mercenary

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zack, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Zack New Member

I searched around and see this problem was posted several years ago so go figure it is still an issue.
    I get the same message people were getting years ago,saying "must have expansion 13".to train.

Funny thing is on my f2p account i can train my mercs but on my All access i cannot.A few people from years gone by had no answers and said to report it as a bug,so here i am.
  2. Celan Active Member

As far as I know, FTP or All Access has nothing to do at all with the ability to train a mercenary.
    Mercenary training was added with the Kunark Ascending Expansion (which is expansion 13) first, so the account you want to train the mercenary on needs to have bought Kunark Ascending (Nov 2016) or - assuming that later expansions include features of the prior ones - Planes of Prophecy (Nov 2017) or Chaos Descending (Nov. 2018) in the past or will have to buy the current expansion Blood of Luclin (Nov 2019)
    Dude and Xianthia like this.
  3. Zack New Member

I just realized something else,my name here doesn't show ALL ACCESS under it.I checked to make sure no mess up with the accounts being switched and no problem,this account is most certainly paid for ALL access,so i should have access to training mercs.

Also i should mention that back in 2018 someone i think had an issue with a 3rd party UI<well for the sale of testing ,i loaded up the F2p account on a 3rd partty UI and still was able to train my mercs.I made sure this account was loaded in simpel with Steam and still no merc training and again just off of the EQ2 .exe and again still same problem,keeps saying i need expansion 13.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The question here is do you own expansion 13 on the account that can't train the mercs. Being able to train mercs is tied to that expansion and forward from there. If you don't own the expansion then you won't be able to train.

As mentioned above by Celan, F2P/all access/membership status has nothing to do with being able to train.
    Unless you are stating that you own that expansion and still can't train.

Reverting back to game UI is a good start to figuring out why you aren't able to train (if you own the expansion+ that started being able to train mercs).

related note -
    you can see what you own on an account (mostly) - in game type /show_account_features
    expansion 13 (iirc and didn't look up) = Kunark Ascending
    Make sure this shows up on your list
    Dude likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

The "All Access" tag in the forums is just a button you have to click in your profile. It does not auto-load.

As people have said before and it appears is true based on the error you get, you have to have KA (AKA Expansion 13).
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  6. Zack New Member

Well first of all i can't find anywhere to show what i have purchased and i have been away for quite some time.I am like 100% positive when i last played i was training my mercs because i can distinctly remember using some special merc gear,i remember fiddling around with the merc slots and if i couldn't train back then i most certainly would have done something about it.
  7. Chris Thompson Active Member

I am pretty sure that equipping mercs and training them are two completely separate things.
    To check your expansions, try (in game):
    /show_account_features
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I mentioned the command on my first reply.

/show_account_features
    Dude likes this.
  9. Menzos New Member

How do you access all previous expansions you are missing? I cannot find it on the store.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Juraiya and Breanna like this.