Can't Play

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Beajay, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Beajay Guest

I've been trying to 2 months to get my new laptop to play EQII but it refuses despite tech support. I can't even get on to the forum. I can use this computer for only a half hour or so before it crashes due to a hack. Just wanted to let you know I want to play but can't. I haven't abandoned Test. I'll keep working on the problem. The program crashes at first screen after pressing Play.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

Before character select or after character select?
    If it's before you get to character select, re-install Direct-X 9.0c. If it's after character select, most likely it's a custom UI that you have.
  3. ARCHIVED-Beajay Guest

The crash occurs before character select. I reinstalled Directx 9.0c to no avail. Is there a special place it has to be installed? I put it in the Sony root directory. I don't have any custom UIs--just the two that come with the game.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

Is this what you installed?
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=34429
    The defaults should work.
    Only other thing I can suggest is navigate to the game folder and double click everquest2.exe
    Usually that will pop a more usful message about what's missing/wrong.
  5. ARCHIVED-ArtemisClyde Guest

i would think you should install directx to your normal windows folder? i havent redirected mine to the sony folder, or any folder of any game i have. maybe if you put directx files inside your sony folder, THATS whats causing the crash, and they should be removed from there? it might be safest just to uninstall em both, reinstall directx to the default windows directory it should be in, then reinstall eq.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

Beajay wrote:
    If you haven't resolved this, what does it say for client version in the bar at the top when you start the game?
  7. ARCHIVED-Beajay Guest

When I press Play it seems like all is well then half the screen, on the left side, goes black and an error message pops up and says: EQ2 Client Application has Stopped Working. I am on Public Test Version. It makes no sense to me. Btw, it didn't work before I installed a Directx 9c in my Sony folder.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

No, after you click play in the title bar of the game window it'll have Everquest II (date, time) USER OPTIMIZED: SOEBUILD= 9235T
    Yours says 9235T right?