Can't patch to get to Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ellah, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Ellah Active Member

I've been trying for a couple of days to get on to the Test server but the patcher can't seem to get some of the files.

Restarting the patcher sometimes seems to give me some progress but I'm down to 1, 908k left and can't progress from there.

I already copied what I can from the 'live' directory but there are a few files that it keeps retrying and can't seem to get. Currently it's TestServer/eq2_default.ini and it says there are 3 files to update but I can't progress at all.

Anyone have any ideas please? I've had a couple of days off and really wanted to play :/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

well I always had to do a complete download if its been awhile since you logged to test.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I made a completely new folder and did a new install of EQ2 into that folder for test, I also did one for beta *thinks multi-terabyte drives are a wonderful thing*. I made my shortcuts by running the launcher from each folder individually, then named my shortcuts EQ2 Live, EQ2 Test, and EQ2 Beta, then when I run that shortcut I am already on the server I want and I have no issues patching the Live and Test launchers, beta is not used now until the next expac.

I do know that Uwk had an issue with multiple installs, cannot remember exactly what the issue was, you might send them a private message and they can tell you what happened and how they fixed it.

If you have the space, I would definitely do a fresh, complete install of the game in separate folders for separate server types.

If I misunderstood the original post, I apologize. You might also pull up the launcher, look for the little toolbox in the lower left and validate what you do have downloaded, maybe something there is borked and preventing the last few files from progressing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Ellah Active Member

Thank you both! I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

I will try those suggestions, crossing my fingers!
  5. Dyeana Active Member

Your mention of 3 files left to download reminded me that I have the same problem on a full download , every time I do a full download.

Mine is due to having Kaspersky virus protection active with Anti-banner protection turned on. I turn the anti-banner protection off then download the last 3 files then turn back on. If I see any one of the 3 files updated in a weekly patch, I rinse and repeat.

Dye
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Please let us know if any of these suggestions helped or something else worked so you are able to play.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.
  7. Cordorb New Member

good point about virus protection active - I think I only needed to do that with the bigger patches.
    Acronis active protection some times gets in the way as well.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My kitty ears are burning! Hello! :D I, too, do multiple installs; at one point, I had 3 copies, one for US, one for Test, and one for Thurgadin (while you can make 7 more free toons there, since it's a different region, going from the United States [either Live or Test] to Thurg or the other way is a PitA that will make you wish you had no hair to begin with, because you'll have pulled it all out by the end of it...very long, very frustrating, EVERY SINGLE TIME). Nowadays I just do US/Test and Thurgadin, since it saves room. ;->

But my issue was confusing; I'd gotten the Kunark Ascending expansion, and couldn't figure out why it was playing merry havoc with my US Live toons (Test and Thurg were apparently fine...weird). Once I'd made sure each version was up to date, I deleted two of them and just went with the default (for me) US version, then re-installed the expac. Ta-dah! No more problems, worked like a charm; the installer and/or the expac itself was confused by all the copies. Once everything had settled down, I promptly made the two copies I have to this day (which I'll have to do something about before I get the PoP expac...sigh), and always make it a point to only try to log in to Thurg using that copy's launcher. ;->

And I still have all my hair! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thanks Uwk for posting your issue and your fix. That way anybody else that makes multiple installs that runs into an issue may be able to use your fix as a guide.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Personally, I blame Sigrdrifa for that, totally; without her help, I probably never would've been able to figure out what the heck was going wrong. :) Well, her and the rest of the folks on my original bleat of a thread; thanks, all! :D

But, if this spares folks having to go through old archives, cool. ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.