Can't log into EQ2 ....

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Yunay, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Bladedancer89 Guest

Yarano@Innovation wrote:
    thx, but doesn't worked for me - i come to connect to zone server - then back to char selection screen.
    my trace:
    1217.0.116.21640 ms-
    2217.0.77.11842 ms-
    362.154.16.16148 msf-ea5-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE
    44.68.110.25344 mste-4-4.car2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net
    54.68.23.25454 msvlan99.csw4.Frankfurt1.Level3.net
    64.69.140.2944 msae-92-92.ebr2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net
    74.69.137.50131 msae-41-41.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net
    84.69.134.146142 msae-62-62.csw1.Washington1.Level3.net
    94.68.121.12130 msge-7-0.ipcolo2.Washington1.Level3.net
    1063.215.136.202131 msvl124.asheqnx-2.sonyonline.net
    11 *anonymer Server*
    12199.108.202.65132 ms
    ableq2-02-01.everquest2.com
  2. ARCHIVED-Corie Guest

Also having the same problem trying to connect to permafrost, it hangs at the connecting to zone server.
    Trace route shows no problems with AB Server, but times out when I do it for permafrost.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yunay Guest

I am doing all the good ideas i found in this forum ... but still the same problem ... isn't it possible to fix such things BEFORE bonus xp weekend?
    Now I lost nearly one hour .... and I have to work on weekend :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Gerhard23 Guest

Bladedancer89 wrote:
    Same trace here (except the first two IPs of course). Nothing noticeable.
    Maybe any statement from the tech support about this? Some hours are gone now since Yunay reported this...
  5. ARCHIVED-Yunay Guest

Servers are down now ... hope for fixing this matter !!!
    AND I hope SOE will give us additional double xp time !!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-siawn Guest

nothing is fixed, still the same after the shut down.
    i could login, but as i zoned it crashed again and still cant login again.
  7. ARCHIVED-TheGrauen Guest

Innovation is crashed .. and also I can't post any massages in the german forum ... this is since 12 hours ... huhu Sony ... can you please help us !?!?!?!?!?!!?
  8. ARCHIVED-Bladedancer89 Guest

yes, a reply from a red name would be nice !
  9. ARCHIVED-siawn Guest

yes would be good, since hours nobody is answering on petis or in here.
    and on the telephone support u cant get anyone too................
    so how long we will have to wait, before any1 will give some informations to us ??????????
  10. ARCHIVED-Rubiade Guest

Runnyeye Server here:
    Cannot login with any of my chars, no matter if they are Qeynos, Stonebrunt or elsewhere. It starts to zone and then i land back on the character screen finally.
    Close to bedtime in Europe anyways, i hope this will be fixed tomorrow :)
  11. ARCHIVED-TheGrauen Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

We are still looking into the problem. There was no update or hotfix last night that we can blame for the issue so we are suspecting network connectivity or possibly a hardware issue. Hardware seems unlikely though since there are a few reports of this happening on other servers.
    We're very sorry if you're experiencing this problem but I hope we have a solution or at least an answer soon.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gerhard23 Guest

The first half hour it seemed to be fixed, but now the situation is the same. Timeout while connecting to zone server and skipping to character selection. When zoning is successful (happens sometimes...) the time connecting to the zone server is quite slow.
    And by the way: Still waiting for a statement from the tech support...
    Edit: Oops, there's the statement. :)
    Hope you find this quick. Check the network cables and look behind the racks, may some Ratongan nesting there, eating your cables.
  14. ARCHIVED-F03st3r Guest

so i found out the following...
    first i have to explain something. im running 2 versions of eq2 on this machine.
    one is freshly isntalled like 3 weeks ago.
    one is 5 years old and has seen 3 differentsystems so it has no registry entries or anything its pure the game on a different hdd.

when i log in char 1 all is fine im standing in guild hall , i cant zone but i dont get kickd to login screen, then im trying to zone somewhere and get kickd to char screen.

then im opening the "old" eq2 and logging in the char ,et voila im in the zone that i cant enter with the new version.
    perhaps it helps someone in dev team...
  15. ARCHIVED-Buehl86 Guest

Can't login with any char, that is standing in its Guildhall, no matter if it's a T1 or T3, so I guess the problem hides somewhere in that data. The other 2 chars, one standing in Paineel, the other one in Qeynos Harbor, work fine.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jihanna Guest

I'm playing from Germany, but on a US Server (Mistmoore). I am not using the streaming client.
    I've been gone for about 41 days on vacation. At first I was able to get all but two of my girls into Norrath. Now they are all stuck.

Any ideas?
  17. ARCHIVED-Baumdrood Guest

hmm, it could have something to do with T-COM-Network connection to SOE-servers. While using my DSL-connection, I cannot login 1 of my chars anymore. But using an old 3G Internetstick from O2, all is working right, can login and zone with no problems.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jihanna Guest

Hmmm...I wonder if I should go yell at my DSL providor then. Deutsche Telekom has not been a very good friend this last month.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gerhard23 Guest

Trying to enter this game this morning again.
    So far I expirienced this:
    Starting the game first time, logging in any toon works fine. Then zoning fails almost any time. Camping to another char fails always.
    Trying to re-enter from character selection fails (whichever character), either with a timeout message on the character selection or timeout while connecting to zone server.
    Restarting the game works mostly, if I wait a few minutes (the longer, the better is seems) before logging in again.
    Maybe anyone can confirm this behaviour?
  20. ARCHIVED-Dharg1970 Guest

Yarano@Innovation wrote:
    Because what could be the turn it has something to do with the T-Com. After all, T-Online and Blizzard have teamed up yet for WoW (you can still leave a lot of t-online directly).
    But seriously: This problem does not just happen overnight on almost every German server.
    -----------
    Da mein Englisch nicht zum besten steht, und ich nicht weiß, ob es korrekt übersetzt wurde, hier mein Text nochmal in Deutsch:
    ( Since my English is not the best, and I do not know if it was translated correctly, here is my text again in German: )

Da könnte was dran sein, das es etwas mit der T-Com zu tun hat. Immerhin haben T-Online und Blizzard sich doch für WoW zusammengetan (man kann doch einiges über t-online direkt abbuchen lassen).
    Aber mal im ernst: Dieses Problem tritt doch nicht einfach von heute auf morgen auf fast jeden deutschen Server auf.