cant log in

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Soara2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Says log in servers are busy
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh...don't tell me, let me guess...you got the dreaded "Trying login server #1" bit, didn't you? ;->

Well, all I can think of is that there IS no "login server #1"; it's just a placeholder for when it starts checking for server connection, or to give us something to blame, or something like in the ancient-of-days medium called clay tablets -- er, no, analog film. At the beginning of such, there was a countdown, with a large number in the center of what looked like a gun-sight's crosshairs and a radar sweep arm going across the screen, usually from 5 or 4 down to 2. It never got to 1 (or was it 0...was a while back when I last saw one), because 1 would be where the film would start. I think what the whole thing was for was to let the projectionist know how/where to center the projector on the screen, and would give a few seconds to do so? :-/

At any rate, it generally follows up here with a "try again in a few minutes, L00zer. Ha-ha." In which case, I play a hand of Solitaire or something (I can still do that for free, ad-free; Win7 is a wonderful thing, even in only Home Edition) and come back and try again. If I still keep getting it, it may be that Public Test is undergoing a surprise update; that's one of the hazards of being on such an otherwise awesome server. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.