Can't log in

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jubilee, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Levatino Active Member

had the same login issues on the forum yesterday, could login to the game though.

one thing i couldn't do was, in game buying of DB-cash
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I had this exact same problem as well all day yesterday. Could get into my account and the game fine, but not the forums with an Authentication Error. Submitted a ticket but it seems to have resolved itself overnight (my time). The hyperlink to the administrator of the site takes you to an email with address webmaster(at)station.sony.com - I sent an email to see what would happen but it bounced back as undeliverable (no surprises there).

Thanks for posting - good to know it wasn't just my side!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Levatino like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did the exact same thing; finally got into the help website directly. Oddly enough, this was 5 days after the rest of y'all had had these issues; had the exact same problem as Rose and Rhodris, back on the 12th for me. This morning/last night (hey, the sun wasn't up yet, was still the night before; I don't care what those crazy Roman monks think!) I got booted to desktop while trying to zone (but that's another thread...) on Test, and when I tried to log back in again, faced further "can't log in" difficulties, but it was my old nemesis:

"Trying login server #1..."

I detest that message, since when I see that one and nothing else, no "Trying login server #2" afterwards or any other signs of hope, it means I'm not getting in at all without a lot of foolish dancing about that should be unnecessary (don't ask me what "login server #1" is; I have no idea, other than it's pretty useless, imho). I've only seen it on Test and non-US servers; if others have seen it on a US server since after the Pro7 deal (2012, if memory serves), lemme know. :-/

Uwk
    Rhodris likes this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have seen this on US servers since 2012, it goes through several login servers (up to 8 if I remember correctly) before telling me to go and make a cup of tea or do something else. Usually it's on the EU server (Splitpaw), although very occasionally I get "Trying login server #1....Trying login server #2", it's never more than 2 (it is possible that I'm getting confused with the US side however).

The US login in server error doesn't happen anywhere near as often as the EU one though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Usually when/if it happens on the US servers, there's an actual reason for it, like everyone's logging in at one time due to panic over the Consolidation, or a rare weekend event or whatever. Used to happen a lot more in the day before the Pro7 deal winnowed out the customer base to probably half to a tenth of what it used to be. :-/

Uwk
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Make that "days," as in the generic term, like "the good old days." ;->

Uwk
  7. Jerrad New Member

Is this still an issue? I cannot log in on any of my 3 accounts.
  8. Jerrad New Member

Is this issue still going on? I am unable to login on any of my 3 accounts. I was in fine yesterday from my primary account.
  9. Satedaz New Member

i cant log on to mine either, says my pw and usename is incorrect etc :( wth
  10. Efokub New Member

11. Whiomaju Member

I had the same issue, couldn't even log into this account to post on the forums. But now my account came back online again just this minute.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all servers are down now
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yesterday was a patch/update/maintenance/"Oh God, now what; hit it harder with the hammer!" day, from 7 am PST to 9 am, so yeah, no one was getting in. Kind of weird about that "invalid account name and password" jazz; bad way to message people that the servers were down as scheduled. :-/

Uwk