Can't launch EQ2

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Bratmonsta, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Bratmonsta New Member

I started having this problem shortly after the new expansion came out (on Nov 21). I normally 2 box. game launched on one PC but not the laptop. I called Tech Support and tried running game as administrator from shortcut, eq2.exe and from any other file imaginable. I already operate both computers as administrator anyway.
    Tried reinstalling and repairing from www.soe.com/getthegame and that also didnt work. When i called on Nov 21st SOE were experiencing high call volume. During second phone call agent said that he also could not log in into game to help me. After putting me on hold he said EQ2 are having some issues which they are fixing. Try launching game again after a while. 2 days past I still cant.

I paid for the new expansion, but that also didnt do a thing.

On another players tip off tried copying launchpad from PC to laptop. That also didnt work.

On one forum's tip off http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1555#p6188 i tried removing the update. Didnt work.
    Symptoms: The game starts and gets stuck on the very first screen black with SOE Sony Online Entertainment - the screen that pops up before launchpad. I can play both accounts from the PC, so problem is not account or connection related.