"Can't I betray anymore?" a young wood elf cries out

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-KerryOK, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-KerryOK Guest

I really wanted to have a wood elf necromancer and I had raised one to lvl 9 Mage but I stopped playing about 2 months ago...acutally my playing has been very sporatic since october...but anyway this is my first time online in about 2 months...maybe a bit longer...and when I try to enter on my wood elf mage character I first have to choose her profession: Wizard, Warlock, Illusionist or Conjurer...I can't choose the middle classes that come between Mage and those archtypes. Why not and if I choose conjuror will I be able to betray and become a necomancer? Or is my character screwed?
  2. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Selene1 Guest

heya,

if you roll a qeynos character you can only choose the professions available in qeynos. So your woodelf cannot choose necro at this moment

betrayel is being worked on at the moment and when its done you'll be able to betray on any leve, when you do, your class will switch if theone you have isnot available in the city your oing to. as freeport does not have conjurors, you will become a necromancer at that point. now we only need to wait for the betrayel quest to go live.
  4. ARCHIVED-KerryOK Guest

AH THANK GOD!!!! /does the happy dance of doom SQUEEEEE

lol sorry I guess I should have done more research but I just panicked. Thanks guys :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

The old betrayal quest still works on PvE servers though...
  6. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

If you want to betray and be a necro you must choose the Qeynos version of a necro which is a Conjuror. On the PvE servers the betrayal quest still exists. On the PvP servers they removed it.
  7. ARCHIVED-bluegod Guest

I haven't done the betrayal quest but from what I understand when you betray all your spells change over to the equivalent "evil" spell (or "good" spell if you betray to qeynos, but who'd want to do that!?), but at app i. so if you spend a lot of coin on upgrading your spells before you betray then the money is wasted after you betray. well, maybe not wasted as it did help you burn down the MoBs that much quicker. but you get my point.

Ano
  8. ARCHIVED-Kerinas Guest

Exactly correct Bluegod. It's kind of unnerving to watch all your bars clear themselves then start repopulating with spells/arts when you finish the quest. :smileytongue:
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

its just part of the price you have to pay to switch sides.