Can't create character

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Soothslayer, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Soothslayer New Member

Was hoping to get back into the game after a friend mentioned that the current expansion was on sale. However when I go to log in my character list is only showing https://imgur.com/8JkX7ys are all the servers down? Can't seem to select anything, even the shop shows up as blank.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, you can tell if a server is down at https://www.everquest2.com/home on the right. In theory.

Next, let's validate to make sure you have a good set of files.
    1. Close the game.
    2. Start the Launchpad.
    3. Look for the "Advanced Tools" button (it has an image of a crossed hammer and wrench). Click that button.
    4. Click "Validate Game Assets" on the left then click the green Validate button. This forces a scan of all your installed game files. The Launchpad will tell you if any are broken, and will download good copies to replace them.
  3. Soothslayer New Member

Sadly verifying did not work. Already tried a reinstall right before that as well.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What server are you on?
  5. Soothslayer New Member

I know I had one on stormhold and had one on either crushbone or antonia bayle. I know the stormhold character isn't able to be logged into since I'm not subbed yet, but was hoping I could delete it at least if needed to open a slot.
  6. Soothslayer New Member

Can't edit my post but I got it figured out, I'm apparently mildly stupid... The launcher was set to beta somehow instead of live. Thank you tons for the help!
    Sigrdrifa and Prissetta like this.
  7. Wgrace Active Member

I've actually had weird character select screen/login issues too. Not this problem, but one where when I camp, it takes me to the screen you'd normally see if you had no characters on your account, and i'll have to end up going and logging into a character manually by typing their name into those boxes u get when you skip the launchpad, or i can use the dropdown menu from the launchpad. That isn't relevant to your problem but maybe they are having issues with the login servers in general.
  8. Rolant Active Member

Try deleting files in EverQuest II\logincache-us folder.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Crushbone was merged into Maj'Dul, by the way.
  10. Soothslayer New Member

Got all my characters showing and aside from being lost as heck I'm good now, thanks!