Can't Create Char on FG TL Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Crabcrusher, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Crabcrusher Member

I cannot create a character on the Fallen Gate server. Yes, I have all access and I do have character slots available. When I go to character select, all I see is "Create Level 95 Heroic" and "Create Character". I do not get the option for the TL server. Just a traditional server. Is there a bug???

Thanks
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

What happens when you click on one of those?
    You don't get four boxes, Traditional, Progression, Event and Free Trade?
    Or you do but only one is lit and selectable?
    If not it sounds like it doesn't recognize you as a member.

Unless you are using the EU region, if so you probably have to switch to US.

--
    I'm getting Traditional, Progression and Free Trade lit on my All Access account and just Traditional on a F2P account with all the others greyed out with "Requires Membership" in yellow.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You don't choose your server until at the very end of the character creation process.
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

But you choose the server type at the beginning.

(And since there is only one each of Progression and Free Trade available, that choice determines the server.)
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Crabcrusher Member

I do not get the boxes anymore. I can't even get to my character select screens. I checked and I am listed as a All Access member. Did a files check as well and all came out ok. I have no idea. Does DBG monitor this?
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If your region is set to US English and you hit create a level 1 character, you should see this menu pop up next:

[IMG]
  7. Crabcrusher Member

Yes, that is what it used to do. It is set to US. All I get now is "Welcome to Everquest 2" and create 95 or level 1. That's it.
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

So click Create level 1. Aphonsus' screenshot is what comes up next.
  9. Crabcrusher Member

I have. Multiple times. It doesn't. And when it gets to the select server screen, Fallen Gate is not listed.
  10. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Oh okay, it didn't sound like you had.
    Sorry but that was my only idea! Good luck. :)
    Crabcrusher likes this.
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an access/account thing, I'd just re-install the game. Maybe something got deleted, or a custom ui might have screwed something up.
    Crabcrusher likes this.
  12. Crabcrusher Member

I restarted the game (for the 5th time) and now it works. Thanks to all for the input. Much appreciated. Happy hunting.
    Prissetta likes this.