Can't complete RoR sig line because mercenary won't heal.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thundor, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Thundor New Member

The RoR sig line has you go into (solo) zones. As a class that can't heal itself, a healer merc is necessary. I have tried using Elanil Yelra, and Tazi Allal. Both just stand there while I die. They do it on trash pulls. They do it on bosses. they do it on passive, or when fighting. I have tried re-summoning them. I have tried rediong all my buffs. I have tried logging off and on, and everything else I could do. They do it when set to protect or not protect. every single combination of ways I have tried, i just fight the boss and watch my life slowly go down while the healer merc stands there and watches me die. I have 3.7 billion health in the solo, so it is not like I am just undergeared, but even if I was this is the SIG LINE. it should be possible with the gear you have gotten up to that point. I shouldn't have to be putting out over 1Trillion DPS before I have even finished the sig line to race the bosses down before I die because the healer mercs are all broken.
    Athenia and Twyla like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you happen to have an older healer mercenary? I'm using the centaur from VoV, but I've also used the zelmie Captain merc in RoR and she did just fine as well.

While you are at it, you might also carry some potions to allow you to cure yourself in case the merc is stunned or stifled.

You might also tell us your toon's name and server, we can possibly give you some better advice if we can look at your AA and gear.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

Have you actually put gear on the mercenaries?

Have you leveled them up so that you *can* put gear on them?

Or are you expecting a level 1, naked mercenary to heal you perfectly?

Are you making any attempt to be defensive, or are you just pulling giant swathes of mobs and yelling that the merc never heals you?

For the most part, you *should* be able to do the entire sig line without even USING a healer merc. They make it easier and faster, but if you're willing to go slow enough, MOST classes should be capable of doing the zones without a healer merc - and are intended to be able to.

Yes, healer AI is not great. You can tell that they are already aware of that because it's already on their roadmap to update it to be 'better' (somehow) this year in the patches.

Beyond that, this is absolutely a 'Feedback' post, and not a 'Bug Report' post. You didn't post anything that is a bug, you just complained that you don't like the healer AI.
  4. Thundor New Member

Healer merc not casting a single heal on me over the course of 100+ fights IS a bug. Sure the part where I'm complaining about how it is making it difficult for me to complete solos is feedback, but the fact that they have not targeted me at all with any heals over 10+ hours of fights is absolutely a bug.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Maybe.

It could also be user error.

Do you have your merc following you?

Are you using every shrink item possible and making it so your merc can't possibly get line of sight?

Do you have ACT breakdowns showing they aren't actually casting any heals, rather than their heals are just so weak they don't *do* anything because they have no stats?
  6. Thundor New Member

Ok so i did an experiment outside of a solo zone. I jumped down to take a bunch of damage without anything killing me so I could stand around and wait for my merc to heal me. Here is what I got.
    [IMG]
    So if the problem here is that not fully levelled mercs from the RoR expc simply are unable to heal because of oppressive sands that also seems like a bug.
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

Like I said, you need to put some gear on your mercenary. You also may have stats that are particularly low, as your stats are shared to your mercenary, which will affect how well they can heal you.
    Sigrdrifa and Twyla like this.
  8. Rhynoch New Member

In case you have missed it. Just have your merc on follow. Turn off protect and assist. Otherwise they will attack and cast offensive spells and will stay on the first mob you agro until they manage to die or kill it. So you may have already run to the other end of the zone and you are wondering why your merc isn't with you anymore or curing or healing and it is because until the first mob is dead they won't move. Follow only allows then to ignore whatever you attack and whatever is attacking you and they only do healing and curing. Still not going to allow you to pull more than you can handle but makes them somewhat more useful.

Not sure if the current batch of mercs still follows this rule but a couple of expansions ago they did a major merc overhaul and paired the strength of the merc with a portion of your stats based on the quality of the merc.
    80% of your stats for Celestial
    60% of your stats for Fabled
    40% of your stats for Legendary
    20% of your stats for Treasured.

Then once this calculation is completed the gear you give them is added on top.
  9. Sleppen Active Member

That's weird. I've used Tazi Allal on some minor stuff. I think I've leveled her to 3, and I gave her a couple pieces of armor that I had laying around. I did the Miragul thing in the Chronoportal event, and she was just fine. The fact that she's healing you for less than 5000 HPs is just strange. It sounds like she is mentored down, but I don't know how that could happen.
  10. haphop New Member

just go do the den solo a few times chances are you'll get kelvend bledso as drop ...he's a pretty good merc i still use him in RoR
  11. Telepath Active Member

I have seen my merc go a full minute between casting heals even with attacks completely off. It is completely unacceptable, and any class without self heals can't stay alive in a fight that takes that long without them. i honestly don't know how most classes trying to gear up for H1's could do graceless solos with the mercs refusing to heal them.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The current Roadmap has healer merc AI improvements on the list scheduled for May:
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Athenia Well-Known Member

Just bumping this because I'm unable to complete the signature line solo on my illusionist at the moment. It's an alt if that matters.

I'm using Elanil (Fabled Fury), she's leveled to 10, and she has gear. Turned off protect and assist. Merc is on follow. I mage cure myself. All my gear on that toon is 410+ resolve, so solos should be ok.

My solution for now is going to be ask a real player for some assistance since I'm at the last two solo zones in Delta. I'm just bummed out I have to wait until May to do stuff like solo weeklies on that character.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Since resolve plays no role in solo zones, might want to link your toon from EQ2U so that people can see where you can improve.
  15. Telepath Active Member

Resolve doesn't matter in solo zones but it gives a pretty good proxy of how good their gear is. Honestly getting through the sig line with a new character in a new expansion and the gear from the box should be of minimum difficulty. Telling people they need to improve their character before being able to do what should be the easiest part of the entire expansion seems off when they are already overgeared compared to the free gear you are expected to be using. They obviously can't "improve" by getting better gear, like from Heroics if they haven't completed the sig line yet. That only leaves mount/merc/familiar, and if the sig line should be doable with basic levels of those. Expecting 6 months - 1 year of levelling those before being able to do the sig line seems like overkill.
    Athenia and Twyla like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

So you don't think there is anyway to improve a toon, except gear? AA set-up, having spells be at least expert, adorning gear with the right adornments, using deity pets for buffs, familiar buffs, improving stats with food/drink/snacks, leveled up mount with gear, leveled up merc with gear, etc don't do anything?
  17. kloree Member

Oppressive sands detriment effect is making it unable to complete the sig line on my guardian. He’s geared as well as his merc
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you'll tell us your toon's name and server, I bet we can make several suggestions regarding your gear and spells that will help you. You might also review the RoR Gear Guide.

Guardians have a number of means to protect themselves as well: Hunker Down, Unyielding Will, Tower of Stone, Guardian Sphere, Sentry Watch, Battle Cry, Battle Tactics, Call of Shielding. And that doesn't even take into account your defensive stance or your AAs. You need to be using these tools.
    Twyla likes this.