Cant click things in-game!!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rajat, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Rajat New Member

Lately I have been logging in and I find I cant click on anything. Vendors, spells, broker, camp buttons, or chat all will not work. I can move around as normal, see other folks even see the chat windows, i just cant make any of them work. Also have no ability to zone. Is this lag? I notice sometimes after around 10-15 minutes all of a sudden everything i was clicking before will all seem to work at once and then promptly boot me. Any ideas?

Not sure if related but also been having problems loading EQ2 in general. Sometimes I will sit on the black load screen for up to 20 minutes at a time with no results. My computr is less than 2 weeks old 8 gigs of ram and when the game works it runs flawlessly so I dont think it is the problem.
  2. Guiscard Active Member

When I have that problem I just log out and login again and that fixes it.
  3. Rajat New Member

Problem is like last night, I tried that for 40 minutes then gave up. After logging out I would get stuck at the black load in screen and never could get back to the game.
  4. Calthine Well-Known Member

The last time I had anything like that happen it was netsuck - my ISP was having issues and I had no speed

The time before that turned out my NIC card was dying. Same issue - bad internet signal.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

NIC card? :-/

I was having this issue (or something similar) last night, trying to power level a new character to get him into Frostfell and the crafting in the Village, and there were times I couldn't even click on an opponent...a bit scary when you can't get the jump on a blue- or white-con and you're a squishy cloth-wearer. =8-0

Fortunately, I hadn't had the bigger issues of mega-lag or getting booted, so I have to wonder if it's at all related?

Uwk
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

That definitely sounds like a lag issue. If you hit F11 you can watch the stats. If you see the blue bars climbing and/or the blue number over 1000, chances are you're in a big lag spike or have temporarily lost connection. It happens to me all the time at home when I use wireless.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Also be very sure that the RED number is at 0 if it is any higher you are losing data and that causes immense lag.
  8. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I haven't had it happen in months, but I used to get into a situation like that. Things in the game would respond to me, but I couldn't affect them.

I know this because I two-box (literally two machines, not two instances of EQ2 on one machine), and only one box would be affected. I could take the affected character and run him around through aggro mobs, and on HIS machine, nothing would happen; it was as though he was linkdead... he also couldn't click things or use abilities or see/hear any chat channels. On my OTHER machine, the "mostly linkdead" alt would still be standing in one spot (with no linkdead marker over his head)... but I would see the aggro mobs he ran through chasing after nothing! So the server seemed to know he was still running around, but it wasn't broadcasting that info back to him or to any other player account.

(And neither machine had lag/packet drop issues).

I could often fix it by minimizing EQ2 to the taskbar for several seconds, and then re-maximizing it (at which point, it would instantly catch up as the original poster mentioned), but that didn't always work.

Also, /camp didn't work for the mostly-linkdead alt. He'd kneel down and the "camping" message would appear, but no 20-second countdown, and no logout after the countdown would have expired. (I don't recall if /exit worked or not.)

I mentioned this on the previous forums, as it seems like a huge griefing/exploit technique (pvp especially) if someone figured out how to get into that state intentionally, but it got no replies and hasn't happened in so long that I figured it was ninja-fixed.
  9. Rajat New Member

Thanks for the help, it was my wireless connection. Once I plugged my laptop into the cord, boom game started running smooth as silk.
    Terrogaunt likes this.
  10. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yay, so glad you've got it fixed!