cant access Roehn Theer?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Vaseth, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Vaseth New Member

i know its an old quest, but trying to do "Confronting the godslayer" and cant find how to proceed after killing the three sages in The Palce of Roehn Theer - no guide i can find actually says where to go and what to do/press after all the other bosses are dead, cant see any levers or buttons or lifts of any kind, any help would be appreciated
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I had this problem too. it's kinda counter intuitive. what you have to do is go back to where you fought the twins. the big symbol covered gate will now be clickable, and the symbol will lower, and you'll be able to get to Theer
    Kaitheel and Kuulei like this.
  3. Ozymundas Active Member

Also, Choas Theer is currently bugged and doesn't drop his intended drops, like the Aeteok trophy. You can still get quest updates, but the trophy is a real bummer.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I am sorry to hear of your troubles, Ozymundas. But I suspect that if something is bugged, it is not as straight forward as you assume. The Aeteok trophy has been looted 19 times since May 31st.

Perhaps some of your fellow players have some advice on the subject?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Ozymundas Active Member

Thanks for looking into it. You suggest there is more to getting Aeteok that just killing Choas before Order, but that's all I've read. I got the cut scene with disguised Kerafym taking the swords. I dont know what else to do. Anyone know what I'm missing?
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Are you killing any of the 4 runes that spawn around him? How many you kill determines which trophy you get. At least, I think that's it. It's been a while.
  7. Ozymundas Active Member

To get Chaos Theer to spawn, you have to kill all four runes. Someone was kind enough to give the Aeteok trophy when I asked him how he got it. He said he wasn't sure.
  8. Lea Plath Active Member

I made a post about this a while back. RT isnt dropping his loot properly either. A few chests have been Exonus trophy and a master, nothing else.
    Ozymundas likes this.
  9. Zythus Active Member

yeah same problem here, even one rune he should be dropping the BP, but im only getting master + trophy
  10. Shale Member

I am receiving the same issue. I am working on a way to get 4 rune theer to activate, to try and get aeteok and enoxus (the weapons, not GH trophies) and every time ive killed him, its just enoxus GH trophy and a master. No other loot, which is very irksome as Enoxus drops on less than 4 rune.
    Not expecting a fix, just pretty frustrating.
  11. Alejo Member

Is there a way past the three sages while solo now? I've been meaning to finish this quest
  12. Alejo Member

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I answered my own question. YES likely any class can solo the three sages now. They die so quickly any AE's they do from the incorrect class tanking them are minuscule.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I know this super old, but I had this issue too.

You have to burn him down to his script point 90%, then kill a rune. He auto picks one at like 80% but if you burn it super hard it basically bugs out and acts like he doesn't have any activated.

I let my merc burn it down then kill the runes then one shot chaos/order.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You need to kill the 4 runes to get both weapon trophies. It's tricky if you're at the stage where you one-shot Theer. You need to carefully damage it up to 90% with slow damage spells, no dots then kill fast every rune. Being two sure helps (I ran it with my husband a couple months ago, we missed the first try and had to wait for a reset of the instance but on the second one we managed to kill the 4 runes and get the flawless Theer 4 runes). I killed the first rune while hubby was already on the second one, then he killed the 2 remaining runes while I kept the aggro then we got the fight "reset" where the chaos Theer came too and we oneshoted them both.

We were running for achievement and trophies, so we didn't focus on what the chest actually dropped. But that's how we got to reach 4 runes (mentored down to 90 iirc).
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  15. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight into this actual strategy,
    I agree to Mentor down to particular levels, this slows the obvious damage output.
    Additionally, it does serve well to UNEQUIP certain equipment(s) and/or Buffs prior to fight, i.e. the ones that do damage procs and DoTs.
    Recall, these areas are not expecting one to enter in with five(5) figures of Potency, or seven(7) figures of Ability Modifier,... hence the suggestion to unequip gear to assure beasties are not one-shotted and allow said script to complete.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Remember to remove auto-attack weapons too (I'm a mage and always unequip my wand)