CANNOT ZONE INTO EIDOLON JUNGLE

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Razpberry, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Razpberry Member

I posted previously and none of the techh supports deigned to answer so i'm posting a new one. i have a toon stuck in EJ but I cannot log in since I keep getting stuck connecting to the zone server. I've tried on other toons and I keep getting stuck.
  2. Razpberry Member

Now I cannot even zone into my guild hall or anywhere else
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Catterinna, I'm sorry you're experiencing zoning issues in the game. My best recommendation is for you to submit a support ticket so we can look into this further. Please follow the instructions below and attach the file requested so we can better assist you.

I need you to bring up a run dialog box. You can do this by pressing and holding the Windows key on your keyboard and tapping the R key.
    In the box that pops up I need you to type cmd and press Enter (If you're using Windows Vista/7 press ctrl-shift-enter).
    This is going to bring up an old “DOS box” don’t worry it’s just text.
    You’ll need to type in the following commands one at a time. Remember to put spaces between all the words, unless there’s a special character like / or . in front of the word. Then you’ll want to keep that symbol and the word together.
    If you’re having a lot of trouble you can also just copy and paste the text out of this email and into the DOS box.
    These commands can take a while to run so please wait for the blinking cursor to appear since you won’t see any output to your screen. For the pathping commands you might even want to go grab some coffee, or a sandwich between lines.

So, all set? Here’s the commands (If you receive Access Denied, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"):

ipconfig /all > c:\eq2info.txt

tracert "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

pathping "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

If you’re curious what you’re saving for us, try the commands again but without the >’s or the stuff after them. Go ahead, I’ll wait… Pretty confusing huh? Don’t worry I speak gibberish fluently and can translate it for you.

Ok now that you’re done with that, you’ll have a file on your hard drive called “eq2info.txt”. If you go into your hard drive you’ll find it right in the main folder. To get there, just do that Windows key and R trick from earlier, and type C: and press enter. The file will be in there. Just send that file into me, I’ll translate it and figure out what happened to your connection, then I’ll let you know. No worries it’ll be pretty painless, but we might need you to contact another company if it’s not something on your computer that’s doing this.