Cannot use new LP4

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Spiritchaser6, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Rampage wrote:
    Try uninstalling from the control panel and program features icon, see what happens, it alsomist sounds like there was a bum install of LP4 originally that borked up something in the registry. If the uninstall from the control panel does not fix it, would suggest a manual uninstall, but have no idea what needs to be touched in the directories or the registry to completely clean it out.
    One thing you might want to try - do a second installation of LP4, point it at a completely new directroy rather then the one you have currently. I run a 4 box and have 4 seperate installs of the launcher and eq2 using the directroy dtructure outside the Program Files control
    D:\soe\eq2\eq2_1
    D:\soe\eq2\eq2_2
    D:\soe\eq2\eq2_3
    D:\soe\eq2\eq2_4
    Is the structure I use. When you launch the LP4 full setup installer that you downloaded it asks if you want to do a new install, repair or remove, you can try option 2 or 3 first to see if that resolves it or go directly to option 1 and point it at a new directory
  2. ARCHIVED-Rampage Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Thanks for the try but that doesn't work. I have two accounts on this machine, and uninstalled one by going into the game directory (C:/Everquest2) and using the uninstaller there though I noticed it left a lot of crap behind, such as .dlls and settings, etc.. I ran CCleaner in case and got a couple of "missing MUI reference" associated with EQ2 that it deleted. I re-installed to a new folder (D:/Everquest2) but still get the error and no patching. Thought I try uninstalling and reinstalling both accounts but this time I used the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs as you suggested and to my surprise it came up with 4 instances of EQ2: Everquest II, Everquest II (1), Everquest II (2), Everquest II (3), the first two associated with my own main account and the last associated with the second account. I suspect this might be because when I first installed LP4 it reverted back to LP1 for some reason, so I re-ran the EQ2_Setup on both. After uninstalling the first instance of each account, Add/Remove Programs said it couldn't find the 2nd instance of it. After that I ran CCleaner (same deal, some missing references) and deleted every associated with EQ2 on the D drive, re-dled LP4 Full assets, and tried installing a new copy to D:/SoE/Everquest2, but I still can't patch and get the same "*Error: DigestLoadFailed - Network error during NPAPI download: " etc. And yet, it still remembered by EU English preference and my account also. I am stumped.
  3. ARCHIVED-MaeveFedlech Guest

Well, I made a ticket yesterday with this error and indicating that I've tried everything here, but no replay yet. However, if it helps, I've noticed that in the EQ2 directory is the text document DownloadInfo which has the following in it.

Would a friend be able to send me updated files so I can play, or no? I can launch using .exe directly it just says the client version doesnt match, please exit and rerun the patcher.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Disable any antivirus or firewall software you might have installed. Also make sure to relocate your EQII game folder to the C:\Users\Public path instead of Program Files or ProgramData.
  5. ARCHIVED-MaeveFedlech Guest

Already did all that except I don't use users/public nor programs.

And got this out of LaunchPad document:

**** Starting at Sun Dec 11 18:30:24 2011 with version 4.0.0.312 ****
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(75) : [undefined] Installer started with lpStartInstall()
    [Console] ?t=15703&options=tcg:1,full:1(708) : OMN Event for visitor None: game_dl_start (event29)
    [Console] ?t=15703&options=tcg:1,full:1(708) : OMN Event for visitor None: game_dl_start (event9)
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(445) : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(957) : Close window event
    **** Starting at Sun Dec 11 18:32:59 2011 with version 4.0.0.312 ****
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(75) : [undefined] Installer started with lpStartInstall()
    [Console] ?t=73187&options=tcg:1,full:1(763) : OMN Event for visitor None: game_dl_start (event29)
    [Console] ?t=73187&options=tcg:1,full:1(763) : OMN Event for visitor None: game_dl_start (event9)
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(445) : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    [Console] ?t=73187&options=tcg:1,full:1(763) : OMN Event for visitor None: view_options (event10)
    [Console] launchpad.js?v=280(957) : Close window event

Uncaught Type Error? Hmm could that be the trouble maker?
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

on the off chance
    1. If you use IE as your browser - launch and clear cookies and cache
    2. open a DOS command prompt (run as admnistrator)
    3. type in ipconfig /flushdns
    then try it
  7. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

I recently disabled UAC on my windows 8 install and started obtaining this message. I right clicked hte launcher and clicked "run as administrator" (Even though I have UAC off) and it started working again for me.
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Josgar@The Bazaar wrote:
    For people in similar situations it should be easier to just move your EQII folder out of Program Files, Program Files (x86), or ProgramData to the Users\Public folder to avoid ever having to mess with the privileges again.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Have to go out of town this weekend so I thought I'd try updating EQ2 on my laptop (was working fine last year).

Had to install the new Launchpad and after installing into the User/Public folder, I can run the new Launchpad, sign into my account and see all my characters, but the Play button says Retry. Every time I click on Retry, or try to Validate Game Assets, I get this message:

UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Bad Request (400 - 64.37.129.51) - http://manifest.patch.station.sony....en-full.sha.soe

Turned off the firewall, antivirus, made sure the laptop was fully updated (Vista 64-bit) and both service packs, IE9 installed, no proxy server, directly connected to the wall, no wi-fi, not connected to a router, running it as administrator, 21 GB free on hard drive, UAC is off, but still keeps getting the same error message.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Since I couldn't play this past weekend because of the error, tried installing EQ2 on my friend's computer in Dallas and got the same error (Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit) so..... still would like a fix for this.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    This error typically means there is a connection/permissions issue. Have you tried running the game as administrator? What are your system specs?
  12. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    Yes, I have always ran it as administrator. It has been running EQ2 since 2008 just fine, even with antivirus on, with a firewall, behind a router, until the last new launcher. I get the same issue with my friend's PC 3.5 hours away in Dallas on a 40 Mbp/s connection through Comcast. Regardless, my laptop's specs are:
    Windows Home Premium SP2 64-bit, 4 GB RAM. 31 Mbp/s through Cox Cable. AMD Turion 64 X2 chip 2GHz.
    His computer: Windows Vista SP2 64-bit, 8 GB RAM. 40 Mbp/s. I7 CPU, 2.67 GHz. Runs SWTOR, WoW, DCUO.
    I have found I can run EQ2 by running Everquest2.exe after launching the launcher and getting the error message. I'm still getting the error though. When I go on vacation next month, I'll have to use my laptop, but won't be able to patch the game since I'm leaving before the expansion update, and be unable to raid/play the next expansion for three weeks until I come back if the error continues.
    Please check your server logs. You should have recieved 3 attempts to connect from IP address 98.168.162.195 at 7:03 PM CST.
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    Nyle, I want to personally investigate in this for you. PM me your ticket reference number and attach both your Dxdiag/Msinfo so I can gather the necessary data to move forward.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Thanks very much! I sent you a PM with the ticket number.
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Nyfe@Butcherblock wrote:
    No problem! We're here to help