cannot uninstall

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lazarusadam, Jan 10, 2019.

1. lazarusadam New Member

Was hoping to come back to some classic mmorpgs but cannot even log in.

And since I cannot even log in to the login servers, I want to uninstall EQ2 but constantly get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
    Program:
    C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\Uninstaller-14560.exe

This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Have attempted through the windows control panel and even by locating the uninstall file in the EQ2 folder.

Please explain how I can remove this from my pc.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You could delete the EQ2 folder.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What problem are you encountering trying to log-in? Perhaps we can help you fix that so you can log-in and play.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  4. Agode New Member

I've been getting the same issue and no matter what I try to do it says the same thing.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

EQ2 does not use the registry and as far as I am aware (aside from sound/video/directx drivers) everything it needs is in its own directory tree, so deleting the folder is one option. There are also free uninstall tools available that are more persistant than the standard Windows tool in finding and removing troublesome programs (in particular I am thinking of IObit Uninstaller, there are others as well).
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Are either of you that can't run the game using laptops that don't have separate 3D video cards in them? (95% of laptops only have onboard video soldered directly to the motherboard-- 2D only, and won't run 3D games.)

Or are you using PC towers without 3D video cards in them? (An easy way to tell on a PC is to look around back; if your monitor plugs in way up high, it's onboard 2D video; if there is a separate video card, your monitor will connect down lower with the card slots-- you'll be able to see the 4" or so wide video card edge, which will probably have other video connectors on it as well).

If you have 3D video cards, update your drivers before you try anything else.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Enferno New Member

Please stop suggesting "You can just delete the folder". You're a moron! That isn't "UNINSTALLING", it's "DELETING" and yes there is a difference. Deleting the folder will still show the game installed in the Control Panel and a game shouldn't have this issue uninstalling.

I have even tried through the launcher, which deletes the files; however, it still show's both in the control panel installed. You'd think they get on this issue, makes me never want to download another game from Daybreak ffs.