cannot uninstall

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by lazarusadam, Jan 10, 2019.

1. lazarusadam New Member

Was hoping to come back to some classic mmorpgs but cannot even log in.

And since I cannot even log in to the login servers, I want to uninstall EQ2 but constantly get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
    Program:
    C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\Uninstaller-14560.exe

This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Have attempted through the windows control panel and even by locating the uninstall file in the EQ2 folder.

Please explain how I can remove this from my pc.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You could delete the EQ2 folder.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What problem are you encountering trying to log-in? Perhaps we can help you fix that so you can log-in and play.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  4. Agode New Member

I've been getting the same issue and no matter what I try to do it says the same thing.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

EQ2 does not use the registry and as far as I am aware (aside from sound/video/directx drivers) everything it needs is in its own directory tree, so deleting the folder is one option. There are also free uninstall tools available that are more persistant than the standard Windows tool in finding and removing troublesome programs (in particular I am thinking of IObit Uninstaller, there are others as well).
    Dude, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Are either of you that can't run the game using laptops that don't have separate 3D video cards in them? (95% of laptops only have onboard video soldered directly to the motherboard-- 2D only, and won't run 3D games.)

Or are you using PC towers without 3D video cards in them? (An easy way to tell on a PC is to look around back; if your monitor plugs in way up high, it's onboard 2D video; if there is a separate video card, your monitor will connect down lower with the card slots-- you'll be able to see the 4" or so wide video card edge, which will probably have other video connectors on it as well).

If you have 3D video cards, update your drivers before you try anything else.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Deezy New Member

Bumping this. I haven't played for years, trying to clean up my PC of rubbish and cannot uninstall this game. Did anyone figure out the constant runtime errors or get any actual support?
    mistressdiscord likes this.
  8. Brugga New Member

I have been playing on my gaming system with an all access membership, but decided to toy with a little dual boxing and created a second free to play account for my laptop. After installing the game on my laptop, I found I really didn't enjoy the dual boxing play. I'm now trying to uninstall it (not delete the folder where the files reside) from my laptop and I'm encountering the same error it appears folks have been complaining about for literally years. Is there a way to open an official "ticket" with Daybreak since I am in fact a paying customer and in need of support? It's rather ridiculous they haven't fixed this issue by now.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Why aren't you deleting the folder? EQ2 isn't really involved in the registry at all. If you delete the folder it is in and delete any icon that leads there it will be gone.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

And if dual boxing you would need to install to a different location. Did you delete that?
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

and although not welcome, to write something in an expired thema (dw said something like it’s advisable not to write in themes older than month), nevertheless I will answer here (others allowed themselves to)
    i don’t see anything ridiculous in it - many good and useful programs and games leave behind even more different litter in system, besides they, unlike eqii, clog up registry with their own traces (which doesn't affect anything). and is it really important that with lack of time for things much more significant for this game, devs will be distracted by such nothingness as well? what is better for you? that they fix bugs in the game or that they spend time on what already solved and what many know about? see for example here -
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...when-trying-to-uninstall.590281/#post-6562962 https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download-portable/ there is detailed manual inside archive
    Breanna likes this.