Cannot see Thick Blanket of Cold Fog

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Bruce The Original, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bruce The Original Member

According to all the information I have read, to pick up the item "Thick Blanket of Cold Fog", I have to have completed An Exalted Experience, and have the reward from the quest in my inventory. The reward I chose was the Animated Iceflow, which is in my inventory, and I have successfully completed the quest. I am at the coordinates where the item is supposed to be, but nothing. Is there a specific reward that is supposed to have been chosen? Another Frostfell quest that should/should not have been done? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I know you have to have done the quest and have the quest reward to see the item.
    I do NOT know if all the quest rewards count. The blade does for sure and I know at least one of the others does as a friend tried it, but I negected to check with her as to what she used.
    I do know I got this year's quest reward and could not see it until I went home and got the blade, but don't remember if I scribed the iceflow or not before looking for it. I ownder if they forgot to have the 2012 reward trigger the fog?
  3. Eveningsong New Member

This happened in past years as well. It seems that only the blade works for the fog, none of the other rewards have ever worked as far as I can recall.
  4. Gneaux Active Member

I Ice dragon plushie works to see the fog. I did this about 30 times on my warlock with the dragon plushie in my bags
  5. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I didn't even know this existed and have been playing for YEARS!
  6. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I went and looked for it too. Apparently it's in Icy Keep: the return (Heroic). I can't figure out how you get to where the box is supposed to be in that instance. I can't break the ice wall, I can't get around the icy barrier...
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

If you go to the icy barrier that is to the left of the doors leading to the fight area..go to where it stops being ice and becomes more of a crevice..jump over crevice and land on barrier (I use gnomish jumping boots). Sort of skitter along the barrier until you get to the end of it. WHen inside the barrier, go up to the keep and find the climable wall. GO up, head left and go to one of the closed off doorways, it's just inside one of the short spaces before the closed off door.
  8. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the instructions! :) See, I remembered being able to do it before, but I couldn't remember how. I think my mender just got a holiday bonus, since I fell off so many times! :p
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

i haven't been able to figure put how to get over that icy wall i follow around the top but i just fall into the pit when i go around the corner
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Many semi-transparent shaders like the ice-wall have a tendency to occlude particle systems so that may be blocking you from seeing them.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

when you get to the end of the wall and you start going downwards as you step towards the end of the wall you need to jump to get past the wall.

I can confirm that on balanced settings wand of the snowblind soldier does not make the red cube visible. then i went back with the blade and i could see the cube.
  12. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

But the block isn't behind an ice wall at all, but sitting on the ground in a doorway up on top of the ledge above the ice chimney... no icewall except the one behind it. But you have to get around the ice barrier to get to the climbable wall to get to it.

For getting around the wall, you gotta think Mario. Jump jump jump! Sometimes you have to tap our jump button multiple times in quick succession. It's not easy to get around the wall, but definitely doable.