Cannot Patch Game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Glundar, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Glundar Active Member

2. Glundar Active Member

It has now patched.
  3. Glundar Active Member

4. Adevil Well-Known Member

5. Aeriel Active Member

Sadly following the instructions in the troubleshooting tips has not helped at all. I am dreading the next patch as it is successfully downloading 2 or 3 files and then getting stuck in a loop of retrying to download until you get the error message. I have no idea what is going on here.
  6. Nuchre Member

For last 2 days I had problems logging in and every time I logged in it was doing same patch and taking some time before I actually got in game.

Last night I tried reinstalling game and have failed repeatedly to reinstall. I have rebooted my router and wiped the installation directory. Initially I was at least able to install the files even if I crashed before logging in. Today I cannot load any files.

I have over 4000 SC is it possible to buy a server transfer token to port my character to a WoW server?

Alternatively can someone actually explain what is going on?
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Oliha New Member

I have also tried installing game, have tried all the recommended fixes in the troubleshoot guide. Do I need to petition this or are there any other options?? Any help please v m appreciated....
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

part of the issue might be the ddos attack the EU and RU servers are under right now.
  9. allibit New Member

Same problem here, not able to patch todays update. Do i continue to wait for assistance on this forum or should i petition?
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Seefar Well-Known Member

I've had it with fracking computer systems, let alone 'support' that switches you over to disfunctional 'help' that's not worthy of the label.

From where I sit, it seems to me that Norrath is, sadly, dead for some hours to come; I guess it's time to go play elsewhere for a bit. My sympathies are with those trying to fix the problem, but not with their overlords, who have yet to learn that the only solution is (1) test, test, test and (2) don't get complacent.

Look at the new members posting with problems, Daybreak, and pick up that cluestick. If the problem is really not your fault: communicate with your customer base, don't sit there behind a facade of plausible deniability pretending it's our fault!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." -- Scotty, Star Trek III
    allibit likes this.
  11. Herne Active Member

Not able to patch todays update as well, I live in the UK but I play on a US server.
  12. allibit New Member

me too, UK player- US server. Interestingly i can't patch Eq1 either. Hope they fix it soon /fingerscrossed
  13. Seefar Well-Known Member

Interesting. That makes three of us. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that all USAns don't now have a problem, it's only we second class Norrathian citizens who have to put up with the BS.

I love Norrath, but this constant dual standard leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. You want me to continue paying you, Daybreak? Sort out your attitude to your GLOBAL customer base!
  14. Seefar Well-Known Member

Update, 45 minutes later:
    My patching woes appear to be over.
    Here's hoping everyone else's are too.
    Until next time!
  15. allibit New Member

All fixed here also :)
  16. Zookeeper Active Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mine isn't fixed yet...it's 3:25 AM Pacific (where I believe EQII servers are located)
    Mine goes through the motions, and then I get:
    *Error: Unable to write to C:/Games/EverQuestII/paks/adv04_dun_drgn_temple_SC.vpk-

Running diag. Hope it works.
  17. Ash_AB New Member

18. TrulyVexed Active Member

How many folksies are on Plusnet.. I'm aware of two guildies on Plusnet that are experiencing the same problem.
  19. Aeriel Active Member

Interesting... the game patched ok for me earlier today but now (10pm UK time) it is struggling a bit to patch the two files it now seems to always patch. OH had more trouble with the game update but got in eventually.

And yes - we are in the UK and on PlusNet. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Aeriel
  20. Tajar Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue, also UK and Plusnet