Cannot make Beastlord of Channeler

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Yrardon, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Yrardon New Member

I bought the new latest exp and yet i cannot make either of the classes, what gives? Said when i purchased that ALL previous exp would be mine.
  2. Yrardon New Member

none of the newer races are unlocked either
  3. Yrardon New Member

so im guessing even thought i bought the new exp, i still have to buy the newer classes/races as well? thats crap
  4. Tupperbeast Active Member

is not crap is Marketing, DB Need your Money)))

since Daybreak is pay to win - Daybreak is not really interested in new customers
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

All previous content is included with the purchase of the latest expansion. The 2 premium races & 2 premium classes are not content. For the first time since Age of Eternity was current the mercenary feature is included with the latest expansion, so you got a bonus there.

Freeblood and Aerykyn races, Beastlord and Channelers are all features which can be unlocked through a marketplace purchase.

Tupper, it was SoE that brought in the premium races & classes, not Daybreak.

Freeblood as a premium race was added during DoV. Age of Eternity was purely features, and is now on the marketplace as Reforging, Beastlord, Tradeskill Apprentices, and Mercenaries (Edit: The Dungeon Maker feature was gutted of its' usefulness beyond storage and is now free.). Chains of Eternity included the Channeler class which is now on the marketplace. I forget just when Aerykyn rolled out, but like Freeblood, they were never included with an expansion.
  6. Tupperbeast Active Member

I am interested in quite a bit since SOE is no longer there, but Daybreak is now the new owner.
    And so they continue to operate it and sell it further learns finally not always to talk about the past, but from here and now since daybreak there has changed much to the negative that is fact.

For new players here is hardly more space let alone who should afford to be able to play with in the high end area you are forced to pay bills otherwise you will not get bonus, that's why the person was in the question to the Beastlord or Channeler .

Looks only with the whole server population has become the sinking more and more, and why because the team around Daybereak does not manage to satisfy the people. And what do the domains do when they speak to them, they laugh at us customers.

Too bad I have the screenshots of kander or Gninja no longer have since it could have seen everyone as they have made fun of it I personally found it an offense to us customers but the service there can do anyway what they want and do what You want.

Back to Basic

Pay to Win is atm EQ2...
  7. Yrardon New Member

ah ok well thats understandable then thought my account just didnt get the update. what do u mean by "pay to win"? i dont see anywhere where i can buy a lvl 100 with full endgame raid gear with all questlines unlocked....
    Think its better to say "pay to save time"
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

So if you have to buy things in order to be better or to run zones, then think you have sense of an MMO not understood. With pay to win is meant you have to pay for all bonuses in the game. The game itself is free to play but you want extras have it all, and in order to get the best out, you are now obliged to have an abo or the mercenaries funtion or even Beastlord Channeler if you want to have these classes.

After the takeover of the russian alias daybreak it was only worse if you look at the whole xpacs what they cost for this low expenditure of programming asks itself just in 2017 for which man so much pays.

Just the service with daybreak is terrible, alone the devs are overwhelmed to correct their own errors again. From customer service daybreak has not heard anything to date, there are people the partial up to 3 weeks or even months to answer wait for problems. Man wonders what they do with the whole money where they take one.

So what is daybreak's plan quite simply: pay be quiet and play

Clearly sit there also the people occasionally think about it but basically it is a company that is only on profit is, with because server merges we have seen how bad the situation can still be. I speak times for thurgadin my home server it is simply terrible with Russians in a group to play not even the English masters. And this sentence signs the people can not understand, so need a google translator in the game.

I am also there for it several server gives but then should man also see the language just in groups remains uniform since it is now times us server are so English.

And to come back to your answer end game man does not have to raid today to be good, important is that you know what your class needs and how you play it. Raid is the bonus to get the last thing out of the char.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Things that are still extra:
    • Mercenary feature (now included in KA)
    • Reforging feature
    • Aerakyn race
    • Freeblood race
    • Beastlord class
    • Channeler class
    • Tradeskill Apprentice feature (lol)
    • Dungeon Maker feature (lol)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Can't you quest the Freeblood race? I swear you used to be able to do that. I remember being pissed off because the quest came out about a week after I bought the race.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

No. It was offered as part of a promotion that started shortly after (or at the time) it was released.

People could get it for 'free' if they paid for a subscription for X number of months during the promotion (I think it was three, like Dec, Jan, Feb leading up to DoV release) and bought the DOV expansion. There were several things you could get. A fluff baby wolf pet to follow you around, I think there was a house item, a Coldain butler guy, the white direwolf mount & the Freeblood race. If your sub lapsed or you didn't start the sub early enough or didn't buy the expansion before the cutoff date for that, you didn't get all the rewards and Freeblood was the final.
    Was called something like Winter Rewards.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  12. Ixian Active Member

There was also an othmir illusion. :D I miss stuff like that...
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! I knew it was something, but it's been quite a while.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Freeblood race is still able to get with a /claim on mine...just after I'd purchased it to unlock it, yeah. ;->

It's like February Gifts or something like that. The Frogloks (and I think some earlier ones) were quest to unlock, then were free and default as a race choice with a later expansion.

And SOE = DBG; SOE was owned/supported (grudgingly) by Sony, so it was Sony Online Entertainment. Then Smedley, the original creator/president/CEO/etc. of SOE decided to take his ball and go home, largely because Sony was no longer even really pretending to grudgingly support SOE ("We have PlayStations and stuff. Why do we need this...'online'...thing you speak of?"), so I can't say I blame him there. He renamed the company (rather unfortunately, imho; the jokes spread fast and furiously ["Dey Break Games! Ha-ha!"]) and marketed it around, and a Russian company bought it (Nova? whoever), which made at least one player I know of rage-quit due to the nationality involved. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta, Crastinal and Dude like this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Amusing, but so far off from what actually happened it's hard to know where to begin. lol #AlternativeFacts
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! That's the gist of what I got; what was it, really? Basically, I'd heard the Smedster had gotten fed up with Sony (can't say I blame him) and wanted out of the contract, and that Sony was only too glad to be shut of us. :-/

Uwk
    ROFLMAO over the meme! :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

In 2013, Sony (well Kaz to be specific) contacted Smedley and expressed the company's interest in divesting many of its divisions, including SOE. If you look at Sony in 2013 and 2014, they sold off a lot of divisions to raise cash. Sony Online Entertainment was "on the market" for two years and there were several different suitors including Perfect World Entertainment and Storybricks. Finally, the deal was made with Columbus Nova.

The fact that it took two months for them to come up with an official logo and branding and almost 2 years for them to come up with an animated logo (link) makes it pretty obvious that the name Daybreak Games was not chosen until around the time of the sale.

I don't know anyone at SOE who was champing at the bit to "get out from under Sony's umbrella". The desire to launch DCUO, PS2, and H1Z1 on the Xbox One is outweighed by the financial resources, borrowing, and negotiating power they had due to the Sony name.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks for the clarification! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.