Cannot log into Station Launcher

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Path, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Path New Member

Hello I just purchased a box edition of eq2 sentinel's fate CE today. I installed from the discs and when it was done the launcher popped up.

I tried to create an account from the launcher, but it kept wanting cookies so I made an SOE account with firefox instead. Once I made the account I activated my eq2 code, verified the email address then tried to log in. Through the website works fine, but I can't get past the launcher.

Soon as I hit log in, it takes me to a black launcher with Error at the top and disconnected from server below. Same response if I use the wrong log info or the correct info.

Is there some kind of maintenance going on? I'm kinda new around here.
  2. Zeoni Member

Having issues but not the can't log on. plus it's better to download from the site for EQ2 because there a new Launcher after AOD. and the old Launch maybe giving u trouble.
  3. Path New Member

I just uninstalled it and am downloading it instead.

This seems like it will work thanks.

Guess I just throw out the box now.
  4. MurderReign New Member

I too just bought the same box set, and ran into the same issue. I saw in the Knowledge Base that it said you no longer need the discs to play and to download the new LaunchPad for whatever game you want to play. I'm just curious what exactly is it downloading? Launchers for games aren't 14GB downloads. I assumed it's downloading the game, but up to what expansion?
  5. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

It should be downloading up to and including Sentinel's fate. Sentinel's fate on down is available to everyone, even free to play accounts. The only expansions you have to buy to access at this point is Destiny of Velious, Age of Discovery and Chains of Eternity. Chains of Eternity includes DOV but not AOD. You actually didn't have to buy Sentinel's fate to play.. but hey, at least you get all of the collector's edition goodies. I keep pondering buying a cheap copy myself for the kitty mounts.
  6. MurderReign New Member

Oh alright. That's pretty neat. This is the 2nd time I've had GameStop do something like this with an Everquest game... Back when i used to play EQoA they were selling discs without the account keys lol. ^_^ Thanks for the info, can't wait to get into the game