Fixed Internally Cannot log into houses

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rose, Jul 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laaw Well-Known Member

go with the real one old school SNAFU
    Rose likes this.
  2. PsiberDaemon Active Member

That's really sad. At this point, we're all aware there is a problem, but what we DON'T know is if anyone at Darkpaw is aware.
    Rose likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Exactly. Tired of reading multiple posts on the same issue? Let us know you know and are working on it; we're not expecting an answer. We're shooting off flares people..silence is not golden, it's just silence.
    PsiberDaemon and Rose like this.
  4. Drakona1112 New Member

I agree, tuesday and wednesdays are my days off and this is the only time i can enjoy the game to the fullest. Daybreak games is a total mess.
    Rose likes this.
  5. Rose Well-Known Member

Speaking of old school, my mother used to wake us singing what she called the wake-up sleepyhead song.

"When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along". Too bad we can't leave voice posts for the devs singing this song. Someone has to be awake and there by now, I would think.
    Lateana and Laaw like this.
  6. Laaw Well-Known Member

close your eyes click your heals then stomp your feet... now yell really loud. well works for my grand daughter
    Lateana and Rose like this.
  7. Spookypatrol Member

You know, I was going to hop in again to state that we should try not to blame individuals since I can't imagine everyone at Darkpaw is just, phoning it in, and I do still think we should try to be collectively less outright rude when it comes to reporting these issues...

But it is perplexing that we haven't heard any communication from their side yet, honestly... and I agree that that's probably the worst thing. Obviously everyone wants the game to be fixed; obviously this is a persistent issue and there are all sorts of bugs in the game and with the servers that haven't been addressed despite months if not years of reporting.

EQ2 is far from an unflawed game, and in my time back I've definitely noticed that server issues seem to be more frequent than I remember. I really can't deny any of that. Ultimately, I agree that Darkpaw needs to do their best to hunker down and fix what's currently in game instead of trying to add more, but I also don't feel like they're *not* making an effort, like some people are stating. There's probably more going on that we're not seeing, albeit it's frustrating that so many issues are still persisting. I'm just saying that none of us (afaik) are in the industry so we don't know what's going on under the hood, we can only make comparisons to other games that don't run into these issues, at least as frequently. Who knows if that's a fair comparison.

I digress. Yes, (most of us) are paying for content and we expect said content to be working as intended more often than not. I don't think being nasty is the right way to express that, regardless, but I do have to admit that a lack of communication is probably the biggest sting from Darkpaw in general, and is probably the first place I'd like to see them improve on. I don't necessarily mean for this incident alone - just in general. Maybe they're trying to, idk. I haven't been back that long.

But all I know is that communication with the playerbase is the most important thing, whether that's to give updates on the status of things or to ask for opinions that actually end up being seen through (and not hollow ones where questions are asked but ultimately the results aren't implemented). It's a bit disappointing to see players communicating issues that have been around since before my last couple-year hiatus (Guild Hall loading issues, Call of Veteran being buggy, etc) that still haven't been addressed.

Anyway I kinda went off on a tangent... ^^; Hopefully this makes sense.
    Rose, Zolar and PsiberDaemon like this.
  8. Laaw Well-Known Member

My brother just tossed the mattress and me over, that prepared me the for the basic training
    Rose likes this.
  9. Steeledriver New Member

Sadly, I always logout in my guildhall, which means none of my characters can login
    Lateana and Rose like this.
  10. PsiberDaemon Active Member

It makes TOTAL sense! I'm not in the industry, but I'll say this. When I was working IT for this one company, I'd wake up, grab a shower, brew some coffee and just casually sign in from my home and check that the servers were up and running, and they were updated, etc. I can't imagine I'm the only person who did this. As for communication... As I said, we're all aware there's a problem, so it's not like you're hiding anything. What we DON'T know is if there's ANYONE over there at Darkpaw. Whenever the servers are reset or down for maintenance, you see a little note at the top of the screen when you access the forums indicating that the game is down for maintenance. I don't need a full report as to where and why or even when, just a quick note saying you're aware of the problem!
    Rose and Spookypatrol like this.
  11. Laaw Well-Known Member

where are the ghost of eq2 future, past and present, of wait that's server reset
    Rose likes this.
  12. Rose Well-Known Member

I agree....and I think everyone else would too.....THAT they should at least post that they are aware of the problem, that they are working on it, and something of a time-frame of when it will be fixed. Then we could all come back when we know it will be working. The worst is not hearing anything at all. :)
    PsiberDaemon, Laaw and Spookypatrol like this.
  13. Laaw Well-Known Member

when I told my Grandaughter she couldn't date till she was 40, I didn't think eq2 would crash in revenge sorry guys
    PsiberDaemon, Zolar and Rose like this.
  14. Rose Well-Known Member

LOL
  15. PsiberDaemon Active Member

So, I don't know if it's true, but on one of the threads here someone made mention that the Ops team is aware of it. But I don't really know how reliable that source is. Gee, wouldn't it be GREAT if an actual MEMBER of Darkpaw Studios made SOME kind of post?
    Rose likes this.
  16. dorotea Well-Known Member

Most of the communications on the forums come from one person. Not all, but the great majority. Maybe that one person just didn't get up early today it is just a bit after 9AM Daybreak time. One can *hope* that someone is doing something but they just aren't discussing it. Then again, I don't know that this is the most likely scenario.
    Breanna and Rose like this.
  17. Laaw Well-Known Member

we can only dream
    Rose likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

go on discord and see but yeah dreamweaver should get on and post an announcement
    PsiberDaemon, Laaw and Rose like this.
  19. PsiberDaemon Active Member

Devs post in here all the time. I see what you're saying, and yes, I'd like to see a post from DW explaining things and reassuring us that they are working on it, but in the meantime, just a quick "Hey, we see a problem and are working on it." would be nice.
    Rose likes this.
  20. dorotea Well-Known Member

<takes fanboi hat off, carefully storing it where it won't get mussed up>
    Yes word from on high would be nice. I'll settle for word from on middle for that matter. Word from on low might produce too many flames.
    Rose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.